[poll] A More Realistic Poll- blinkers not included.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do we keep ???

• Travis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monaghs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No Byso, no joke, if it was I would have put a silly head next to my statement.

All Im saying, without your blinkers and one dimensional vision, that if push came to shove and we had another talented 5/8 Travis has the talent and determination to develop into a handy player in other positions on the footy field over a couple of years. Remember when Tooves was too small to play Hooker!

Open that mind Byso!

At lock?? stop taking stupid pills, the blokes to small for a start. Next time I see him I’ll ask him when he’s starting growth therapy.

He's a fair 5/8, great defence. But as you admitted offers little in setting up tries. You’re the bloke with blinkers on champion!

I guess your gunna tell us how good his kicking game is.....if you think giving 20 metre restarts to the opposition time after time is a top tactic.

didnt mention his kicking game, i think he has shortcomings at 5/8 as well with his passing game, so he needs to be beside an inform Monaghs or Orford.

Well i said Lock or Hooker, but if your saying he is too small, Im not sure if you ever saw a guy called Geoff Toovey play, he started a lot smaller than Travis, and these days some of them even go to the gym and manage to build themselves up. Toovey became a handy Hooker in his day when there where others who where needed to fit into the side in the halves.

Travis is still young, I was watching old tapes of Freddie Fittler when he started at the panthers, he was barely 80kilos. Just a little taller than Travis.

Byso, im just keeping an open mind, players have to be versatile in this era and not just play in one position, especially around the 6/7/9/13 roles. As time passes some guys grow, some guys dont. he may grow, he may not, so unless either of us are genetic engineers we will never know, time will tell, but im not about to right him off.

So to start throwing around the term Silly at peoples discussion points is very blinkered, some people may suggest running around chasing cheergirls with cameras is silly, but i would say they are not open minded either!

Im looking forward to you telling Travis he is too small to cut it in the forwards, just make sure Tooves is around when you say it.

So you moving to Warrington ??? or just continue this greiving ??

Did Tooves ever play Lock????

I'm talking about lock, not hooker. I think Burns is better suited to hooker than 5/8 and he'll never play lock as long as our arses face the ground.

fyi, If you bothered to read the Sea eagles news you'll find there’s another reason why I take pictures.

naaar dont read it....

I guess those with better memories than me will remember your statement!

there are many who suggests he plays like a lock now, running two off the ruck, rarely passing and taking on the defensive line. Outstanding cover defence.

never say never Byso, it sounds like someone wearing blinkers.......

Byso, you say i have blinkers on, yet your carrying with " he will never do this" 'Never do that " " My Ass points down" etc etc doesnt sound like an open mind to me mate, thats all.

It just sounds like I don't think he'll ever be a starting lock. I'll take the time to ask him what he thinks of the idea next time I see him. I'll make sure I step back so I don't wear his beer.

You on the other hand have never seen the value of Monas abilities even when he gave good performances. Until the last week or so. Yes you have blinkers.

This whole Burns is too small for lock crap still going on.

Too small for what ? Defendng ? No, that's what he does.
Attacking ? A lock is not a prop, he's a ballplayer, much like a 5/8.
If everybody thought in the square like this then El Masri is too slow to be a winger & Braith Anasta is too big & lumbering to play in the halves.
You pick your best team & then devise a plan that works for those guys, you don't just pick a team that looks traditional so that nobody has to think too hard about it.

It just sounds like I don't think he'll ever be a starting lock. I'll take the time to ask him what he thinks of the idea next time I see him. I'll make sure I step back so I don't wear his beer.

You on the other hand have never seen the value of Monas abilities even when he gave good performances. Until the last week or so. Yes you have blinkers.

I have always given Monaghs credit when credit was earnt, he admits himself that in previous seasons his good was mixed with lots of average or poor, this season he has been outstanding and i have given him credit for doing so, we obviously have a different interpretation for what blinkered means. At the risk of you starting a petition or something I thought we where talking about Travis ?

Anyway I see a few others have also discussed open mindedly and without your blinkers about Travis's toughness skill or potential to play other positions other than 5/8. Like i said, he may never ever play lock, but i just believe he is talented enough to be versatile, if you said to him does he want to play lock he may so no, if you asked him if he thought he was talented tough enough or versatile enough to handle it im sure he would say yes.

I know these are hard times with Monaghs leaving and all mate but take a chill pill Blinky.

Good point what Duff makes, re Anasta and El Masri. The game has changed a lot, even George Rose stood at 5/8 on the weekend! :dance: :dance:

Ironically Blinky my first post on this thread giving my opinion was far more pro Monaghs than Travis! unfortunately you failed to see that.

I never said Travis couldn't play Hooker or 5/8 I was questioning you're view on him playing Lock.

Stop being a tool and attempt to comprehend what’s written.

So over and out. Space cadet.

Blinky , im trying to have a reasonable and unblinkered conversation with you! I was simply just saying that in a few years if he built up a bit Travis may have potential to play other positions such as hooker or lock if a more talented 5/8 came along , for god sake he is like 21 or something!

, i dont see how that is so unreasonable! and quite frankly you just cant see that with your blinkered view and inabilty to have an adult discussion without throwing out silly lines about which way your bum is facing.

Only one of us is being a tool and not comprehending what has been written!

Looks like Blinkies are on special today.

Fun chatting with you; make sure you take the stupid pills again tomorrow.

btw, it’s obvious you never intended this to be a reasonable discussion.

the role of lock is pretty varied in this game, its almost like a second 5/8 or more to the point 5/8 is more like a second lock. Gone are the ball players like Cliffy etc. I just happen to think Travis with a few extra kegs would make a good one, I defy anyone to read back and suggest what i have been saying has not been reasonable you just struggle to discuss without carrying on like a pork chop and throwing kindy tantrums.

Your the one who started with your "stupid pills" insults, is that all you have to say with someone who doesnt share your opinion ? Are you always right Byso ?

I think Burns would be a better propisition at lock rather than 5/8 myself. His best position would be hooker though and as Ballin is better there maybe utility off the bench.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6