Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s a personal story. A teenage girl who is not sure whether she is straight or not, absolutely loves Jason Saab and attended every brookie game with me. Now she doesn’t want to go tonight.

And probably won’t be a member next year, (she was signed up when she was born).

Here’s a personal story. A teenage girl who is not sure whether she is straight or not, absolutely loves Jason Saab and attended every brookie game with me. Now she doesn’t want to go tonight.

And probably won’t be a member next year, (she was signed up when she was born).

Worth mentioning to her that there are more players running out tonight than there are sitting out.

So hard to help teenagers understand anything due to an obvious lack of life experience. She can't possibly know that Donna Summer built an entire career on the love of the gays until she made it clear she believed homosexuality was one of the really really bad sins and guess what? Career down the toilet!!
Feel free to tell her that this old lesbian will be there tonight in THE JUMPER and has supported this club through quite a few players who have had actions and beliefs that I have found abhorrent but understood that they are not the Club, just as these seven players are not the Club. The Club is the first NRL Club to dare to even try something as subtle as this and, despite it being mangled, that's something to be bloody proud of.
Have you thought of writing a letter to Saab, explaining all this and asking him to help you understand?
Dialogue has been missing all over the shop in this.

Failing all that, tell her Jason Saab was always going to be too tall for her 😉🙃😊

Anyone see that dickhead Robert Simeon on Sunrise this morning??

Of course he runs in a godlike way the largest Facebook supporters group ( only because he called it Manly Sea Eagles until he was instructed to change it and everyone thought they were joining the official page ).

Claimed he spoke for 120,000 supporters which is crap because if anyone disagrees with him he boots them.

I can't speak for all of them, but at the very least we know Olakau'atu is a Mormon.

So whilst the bible doesn't explicitly state drinking alcohol or gambling is bad, the teachings from the Mormon faith explicitly state that they are not to gamble or drink alcohol of any kind. Herein lies the hypocrisy.

Interestingly, the Latter-Day Saints Church (or Mormons) actually walked back their controversial stance in regards to homosexuality in 2019. They now no longer recognise same sex couples as 'apostates' and will also baptise the children of same sex couples. Interestingly, they have not walked back their stance in relation to alcohol and gambling, and still remains prohibited.

So it's yes to gambling and alcohol sponsorships, but no to a rainbow jersey. This is what I'm struggling to wrap my head around.

It may very well be a personal choice that these players don't support the LGBTQIA community, as is their right, but they stated it was a religious decision, not a personal one.

public money funds schools that teach gay is bad. They fear 5 yo children into believing this notion, as conditioning at a young age is a proven technique at establishing bias .especially as they offer up complete segregation as an alternative prospect

not spelling , not math , but bigotry funded by the public coffers,

we have become blind to this bigotry and do not accept similar beliefs from other religions

this is because this faith is intertwined in our government and has no place

ive said it before but you got to get to the root of the problem and stop educating kids with public money to be repulsed by the hand that feeds them , but ill take your money regardless. Very ****en biblical

tolerance for all does not mean we have to accept intolerance . Tolerance is its own box as is intolerance , treated differently because they are

Anyone see that dickhead Robert Simeon on Sunrise this morning??

Of course he runs in a godlike way the largest Facebook supporters group ( only because he called it Manly Sea Eagles until he was instructed to change it and everyone thought they were joining the official page ).

Claimed he spoke for 120,000 supporters which is crap because if anyone disagrees with him he boots them.

I saw him posting about it in his stupid group yesterday. The guy is an absolute knob.

What dribble did he spew out today?

this is because this faith is intertwined in our government and has no place

It's interesting you mention this, as I only just discovered yesterday that the Lord's Prayer is recited daily in parliament? (I was reading the article about Pauline Hanson storming out during the Welcome to Country).

How can we have separation of Church and State when we are reciting the Lord's Prayer daily. This outrageous tradition needs to be scrapped. Parliament is there to represent everyone, not just the Christians. This includes the atheists, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Sikhs, and old Mary who runs the crystal shop down at Newtown that believes in horoscopes and the moon.

Popped up on My Feed. Good to see its gone global (not) but jeez could have used a photo from this decade.....
Screenshot_20220727-234554_Facebook.jpg

So hard to help teenagers understand anything due to an obvious lack of life experience. She can't possibly know that Donna Summer built an entire career on the love of the gays until she made it clear she believed homosexuality was one of the really really bad sins and guess what? Career down the toilet!!
Feel free to tell her that this old lesbian will be there tonight in THE JUMPER and has supported this club through quite a few players who have had actions and beliefs that I have found abhorrent but understood that they are not the Club, just as these seven players are not the Club. The Club is the first NRL Club to dare to even try something as subtle as this and, despite it being mangled, that's something to be bloody proud of.
Have you thought of writing a letter to Saab, explaining all this and asking him to help you understand?

Failing all that, tell her Jason Saab was always going to be too tall for her 😉🙃😊
I like reading your perspective on this issue, Budgie. Thanks.

I dont think we'll see 7 players wanting out.

I doubt they think the club is trying to railroad againt their religous beliefs, more that that club had good intentions but didn't recognise the potential drama.

The club is not fighting the stand down and not fining them.

And ultimately this issue is not one that will be escaped by changing clubs

"This old lesbian" hahaha
A great post, but that had me chuckling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14