Poll: Does official forum access affect your membership decision?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Does official forum access affect your membership decision?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Matabele link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=183429.msg264637#msg264637 date=1275274099]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183429.msg264618#msg264618 date=1275272265]
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=183429.msg264606#msg264606 date=1275270474]
I have packed the membership packages as a volunteer for years. All ticketed memberships include the full membership entitlements of cap, lanyard etc. Part of the cost of ticketed membership includes being a full member with all the rights and entitlements and this is costed into the package. They are definitely contributing as part of their overall package, even though you don't want to believe it.
  Actually, I'm entirely open to it being demonstrated.  So you're saying the $70-120 has been dumped on top of the normal season ticket package?  I've been vaguely aware of bleating over price rises, maybe the impost of the cap and lanyard charge wasn't adeuately conveyed? 
[/quote]
THe bird of Prey membership is a good example. It gives membership PLUS 2 home games and an away function for $135. The games and function are valued about $85 (games x 2 @ $20 + $45 function) so the membership is about $49. Maroon is $69 for one game ticket (say $20) so membership is $49. It looks reasonably consistent across the board depending on how you value the admission ticket.
[/quote] Bird of PRey is a recent addission, arguably it came about because of the memberships, and it is for out of twon people.  I want to know if Joe Blow who sits in Jane Try stand, and has done for 30 years, is paying $69 for a cap to be included in "membership" data.  Wheel?
[/quote]

Not the normal errudite post from Mr Matabele (I didn't even need to check with dictionary.com to understand some of the words!) but Mr Blow who pays for his Jane Try season ticket will be included in the membership data as there is no "Pay $69 for hat" membership package - Only supporters who ourchase one of the membership packages are included and all membership packages include at least one game admission (as dictated by NRL rules)

It's unwise to try to reconcile cost of a membership with what you get in an envelope as a result (hat, lanyard stickers etc) as this will always devalue the product and imply that membership doesn't offer value.

All the profits from membership go in to the pot of money that is needed to run and maintain a first grade side in the NRL.

I loved the mindset of one out of town supporter (member) I met on the weekend in Townsville (He was taking his young son who was about 4 to his first game and as a local only gets to one game a year himself normally) in that he saw it as his way of being a "sponsor" of the team and when watching ordinarily on TV loved to say to his son (who was also a member) "Proudly sponsored by.....?" to which his son had learned to say "Us!!!" - great stuff!

this is going nowhere. Think I may close thise.

The club needs 1 membership and one only, season tickets can be another thing altogether. Why make things complicated

Dan link said:

The club needs 1 membership and one only, season tickets can be another thing altogether. Why make things complicated
The NRL says that it has to include at least one game.

What I think is crazy is that I pay to be a Sea Eagles Member and a member of the football club. This crazy arrangement needs to end for the good of the club.

Garts link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183429.msg264452#msg264452 date=1275195530]
There are other reasons I'm considering not renewing for the 1st time in a long while. It's sad, but management have me losing passion for the game (not Manly)...plus, all these players going here there and everywhere....

It's just not as exciting as it used to be.

The club used to make you feel like you were part of a community.
The club now make you feel like your a burden.

There is no loyalty from top to bottom.

You cannot keep them all.  You are such a drama queen.
[/quote]

Better that, than being a boring drone that follows the party line.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183429.msg264774#msg264774 date=1275306407]

I consider my membership as a donation.

Me too.
[/quote]

Same, and couldn't care less about the offical manly forum. Flip put it very well earlier..

Matabele link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=183429.msg264583#msg264583 date=1275265436]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183429.msg264544#msg264544 date=1275219007]
5000-3000 = 2000 then.
I hope you are not Dan's volunteer bookie. :) Jokes aside, it means we have 5000 members, 3000 who also hold ticketed memberships.
[/quote]  Assuming we accept the semantics that season ticket holders are also "members".  I'd suggest they get the value of their seat, but they're not contributing the $70-120 that you'll get from chumps like me who donate the cash for a cap and a lanyard. 
[/quote]

and stickers mata  come on dont forget them lol  im a chump  ;D

Dan link said:

because thats how their administration works ..  they like to jerk you around abit like the rudd government or the warringah council..

Do we have game memberships?

Like, $5 or $10 that non regulars, non members could pay on entering the ground if they choose and get like a disposable banner and access to the post game? A chance to win a spot in the sheds after the game?

Even someone walking around selling these to... drunk patrons on the hill?

jjai link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=183429.msg264773#msg264773 date=1275305873]

because thats how their administration works ..  they like to jerk you around abit like the rudd government or the warringah council..
[/quote]

I think this is an unfair way of looking at it. It has been forced on Manly and all the clubs by the way the NRL is willing to count/classify a membership - it must now include at least one game ticket.

The club could run their own system but it won't appease the NRL or their push for setting their own standards. My understanding is this is an NRL move towards eventually insisting that clubs have so many ticketed memberships to be considered for holding an NRL license.

I agree MB, my understanding is that a membership has to include at least one game, albeit a GA ticket that the person may never use.

I have been quite involved with the Bird of Prey membership these last 2-3 years, by involved I mean consulted with prior to them coming out for the following year...I will be involved again at the end of 2010 having had discussions already with the new membership manager.

A question was asked that instead of two GA tickets to Brookvale being included could we include one GA ticket and an away game ticket (such as Townsville / Titans / Suncorp)...so I will raise that issue at the end of the year although I imagine there's some logistical issue as the membership card you get has a swipe system but that only works at Manly.....maybe the membership includes an away game and function where they have these.

Any ideas you have please post them on the MWTS forum section please

Thanks

Ant80 link said:
It's good to see we have an International fan membership now though

It's only $10 too, with entry to the warriors game in round 24.

From MWSE the current membership numbers are 4738. An 8% increase on last year. Assuming these are ticketed due to the NRL rules.

Also saw that they had a 3 game membership discount at the moment, only $50, not a bad deal. I am presuming you would also get priority to finals tickets.

Yes Tokyo as it's a "ticketed membership"...you'll get the neccesary code in an e-mail to be able to book semi's and finals....so yes it's a good deal.

This whole forum thing (in association with membership) amuses me...no I don't agree with what's happening to the forum over at mwse but to suggest that hundreds will desert the club due to this (and no that's not actually anyones quote just the vibe coming from some of the posters) I think is farcical....people will still want to support their club, still want to go to the games, still fly the flag of support and that's the way it should be, not desert the whole ship over not being able to rant on a forum.

As I have said before there's very few NRL clubs that even maintain a forum, and I can understand why, the fact that MWSE has one is the reason they are the most visted NRL club website but if they didn't have one (forum) would it mean you'd all go and support Parramatta.......obviously the answer is no.

DSM5 link said:
You're no loss Ryan.  And you can take all the other sooks with you.

For the record mate, I have been a season ticket holder for two years, a flexi pass holder for longer, I buy heaps of gear at the shop (love the nice people at the shop too !), provide potential major sponsors to the club, help organise upgrade of Brookie petitions, try and assist originally Banking wise (with the automatic drawings for memberships etc) so on and so forth, so I think my support really wouldn't be a "no loss" situation.

I said the way the club has treated myself, had me questioning my membership, and I have specific reasons for that I'm unwilling to write here, hence to say I have it all in writing etc.

That doesn't mean I'm not renewing. I still hold strong to my adeage that if you get as much enjoyment out of the team as me (and I'm talking TEAM), and you can afford to be a member - you be one. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hopefully that clears this up.

And DSM5 - you are and have been OVER critical of certain people in management and / or players. Just because other people are of OTHER people in management and / or a player that you may not agree with, doesn't give you the right to tell them to **** off. It just makes you look like a twat when you do.

You should be more open minded. You dead set tore shreds off Matai for years, until this year, where your one of his biggest admirers. That's cool, your entitled to change your opinion (I most certainly do quite a lot), but don't tell people to piss off.

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183429.msg265215#msg265215 date=1275560166]
DSM5 - The Kim Beazley of silvertails.  Flip.  Flop.
Maybe he is the Tony Abbott - only pin him down to policy if it is thought through and announced officially.
[/quote]

good point - we better ask DSM5 if these are scripted comments or off the cuff bollocks

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2