[poll] The new whipping boy?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who will be Mata's new whipping boy?

• Anthony Watmough

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clint Halden

• Luke Williamson

• George Rose

• Mark Bryant

• Other

• Total voters
Ryan is a bit disappointed with managements contract negotiations on player retention, so he went out and trumped them, by buying Mateo without telling anyone.

.... mateo?

Yup. He'd be the player I'd target (make sure we get him), and don't worry about anyone else.

Just re-sign the players I have listed above, plus Willow.

Dunley gorn
Bryant (potentially gorn)
Monaghan gorn

means we should have $500k to spend + $100k cap increase = $450k worth of upgrades for Ballin / Burns / G Stewart (already happenned) / Watmough + around $150k for Mateo.

That's a worst case scenario. The fact that we tried to lure Creagh / Simpson and co. for 2007 in my opinion means we have front loaded this year when missing out. Remember we were also after O'Donnell, and one would assume he'd be asking for $250k+ as well.

I'd then assume we'd be looking for another 2nd tier player like Gulovou or something?

I'm with you Ryan.
All we need to do is keep the current squad & get Mateo.
That should see us three or four Winfield cups in a row.

Is Mateo even off-contract ?

Yeah, mateo is off contract.

haha, I just have a running joke with ryan. Everytime he includes a player we haven't signed... :lol:

he cant make 1st grade with souths.

Dont think "Gulovou" will leave there just to add to our PL and Depth.

Matabele settles himself in deep camofluage. sights down the scope and makes slight adjustments for wind, humidity and distance. Takes a deep breath and slowly lets it out, gently squeezing the trigger.

As his heart rate slowly decreses and he readies for the shot, he stares down the scope and readies the cross hairs right on the forehead of ..................

Matthew J Orford.

So all is revealed - I'll give it up if you start a Bring back Monas thread

not bad mata, forgot temperature but that is the smallest factor.

I can just see you in a maroon and white yowie suit

Seeing as the Eagles are going sooooo well and it is a bit of a struggle to find a proper whipping boy why not pick one from each of the other clubsb and hammer them each time we play them.
Parra: Finch
Penrith: Gower
Melbourne:....good luck
St George: Woolford
Warriors: Anderson

there's a start...

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts