Poms stealing our stuff

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If anyone invented BAZBALL its manly
we are podium finishers of bazball year after year

but no doubt it divides its supporters the same way

even started under the greatest baz of all…..trenty

2021 is the year that more comes to mind, but we still had the priority of winning over entertaining.

Comments from the Poms between tests were really interesting. The idea that they prioritise entertaining over winning is a mantra I find totally weird for a professional sport team. Winning isn’t everything, but if I sense my team doesn’t sufficiently prioritise winning, I’m not watching (or supporting).

I think they are forgetting the emotional investment of fans and the return fans want for that investment - that winning feeling. Otherwise, let’s just watch Barbarians Rugby, the Harlem globe trotters and other exhibition matches

2021 is the year that more comes to mind, but we still had the priority of winning over entertaining.

Comments from the Poms between tests were really interesting. The idea that they prioritise entertaining over winning is a mantra I find totally weird for a professional sport team. Winning isn’t everything, but if I sense my team doesn’t sufficiently prioritise winning, I’m not watching (or supporting).

I think they are forgetting the emotional investment of fans and the return fans want for that investment - that winning feeling. Otherwise, let’s just watch Barbarians Rugby, the Harlem globe trotters and other exhibition matches
I see it as they don't want winning to be the focus. Execution of performance is more important. Can't focus on the score, instead focus on the next ball, hit etc.

That aside if they feel like they won the first test they probably feel like they won day one of this test!?!

I see it as they don't want winning to be the focus. Execution of performance is more important. Can't focus on the score, instead focus on the next ball, hit etc.

That aside if they feel like they won the first test they probably feel like they won day one of this test!?!
Winning not the focus?
So if they lose the Ashes at home it'll be okay for the MCC to have a trophy with a little asterisk denoting for generations to come that execution of performance was the winner in 2023.

They can push it all they like but is it any coincidence that after losing the first test on a fast, flat wicket they decide to set up a green top?
If they backed their Bazball mantra, why not trust themselves and bat first?
I'd like to know if they've bowled first after winning the toss before in the Bazball era.
They go on about wanting to shakeup tradition yet the first chance they get, they couldn't do it.
The cheer from the MCC faithful when they won the toss and chose to bowl said it all really.
If we can get 450 then we can let Starc loose and see what they're made of.

Last edited:
Winning not the focus?
So if they lose the Ashes at home it'll be okay for the MCC to have a trophy with a little asterisk denoting for generations to come that execution of performance was the winner in 2023.

They can push it all they like but is it any coincidence that after losing the first test on a fast, flat wicket they decide to set up a green top?
If they backed their Bazball mantra, why not trust themselves and bat first?
They go on about wanting to shakeup tradition yet the first chance they get, they couldn't do it.
The cheer from the MCC faithful when they won the toss and chose to bowl said it all really.
If we can get 450 then we can let Starc loose and see what they're made of.
Yeah, the Pommy fans are all "we love it" but I didn't see too many smiling faces after losing the 1st Test. If we can go on to win the Ashes, I'm thinking it won't be long b4 it's renamed Fadball.

Yeah, the Pommy fans are all "we love it" but I didn't see too many smiling faces after losing the 1st Test. If we can go on to win the Ashes, I'm thinking it won't be long b4 it's renamed Fadball.
I'm taking great delight in the Aussies taking Baz ball down a peg or two.
Could be the last great test series ever though. In the interest of prolonging the life of test cricket we need the poms to show some ticker and keep this series close.

Winning not the focus?
Correct, it's nothing new. DCE talks about it, most good coaches do too.
Do You want to focus on the future result or the task at hand ie; bowling, catching hitting? Focus on your task and do it well and the results take care of itself. If you make a mistake, turn the page and get the next one.
Sit there thinking about the result and mistakes will find you.

That said England / NZ A haven't quit grasped the concept properly yet.

Bazball is quickly turning into Bustedballs. This will be the greatest Ashes victory ever if we win this. Poms are so full of mouth and so far they're choking on those words.

Bemused Ball at it again yesterday.
From a solid 1/180 to trailing by 200 two days to go.

Usman being the run machine he has been for a while now.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8