Ponga asking for a $2 million contract - reports

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Knights this is the reason your in a hole! Signing an unproven rookie who has done nothing in first grade to big money over 5 years!! Silly, silly club.
I thought you were describing Barrett for a moment lol
I think it's a great move by Newcastle. They're just rolling the dice, and from all accounts he's a star. Remember when we all thought the warriors overpaid for rts? Knights need something, this one signing is likely to define the clubs fortunes for the next 5 years. Kind of a make or break signing, and considering how broken they already are, I reckon it's worth the shot.

Thing is....Ponga is no doubt a player who has the agility and speed to break a game open....the problem is Newcastle need a player who can control a game...a general....this young bloke has freakish ability but comes in & out of games....that big money was needed for a general, not a rookie who will do it tough behind a rudderless team...won't get the opportunities like he did in a red hot Cowboys team.

This bloke is my age, earning $3.5M over 5 years and then there's me having sleep for dinner when I'm low on funds.

Seems a bargain compared to some of the roosters U20's players who have never played first grade

Ponga can step though! Hopefully we can see more of that at Knights. Knights just need a good halfback and they can build a club around them.

Thing is....Ponga is no doubt a player who has the agility and speed to break a game open....the problem is Newcastle need a player who can control a game...a general....this young bloke has freakish ability but comes in & out of games....that big money was needed for a general, not a rookie who will do it tough behind a rudderless team...won't get the opportunities like he did in a red hot Cowboys team.
True, but it might help attract the halves they need when they become available.

True, but it might help attract the halves they need when they become available.
I agree that this signing has the potential to add better quality players across the board...fact is - you don't build a team around a rookie with attacking flair....unfortunately the halves will look for a strong forward pack to play behind rather than talented backs that will basically feed off the platform layed up front....its all the wrong way around imo.
Still a fan of this youngsters ability and good on him for landing some massive coin.

Just read on Reading the Play that his Dad is his manager, been shopping him everywhere, AFL, Rugby and just took the highest bidder, which was the Knights.

Deal of the century for the kid!!

And could be a great deal for Drugcastle as well, only time will tell.

Newcastle is the only place in Australia where the name "Kalyn" looks like a normal name.
Huh? Newcastle is one of the most homogenously Anglo cities in the country, I would think (having spent about 10 years there not long ago).
It's all Andrew, Matt, John, Paul and Steve, with a few Lukes Jarreds and Jakes thrown in.
AS for signing Ponga - wow, that is one interesting gamble!

Huh? Newcastle is one of the most homogenously Anglo cities in the country, I would think (having spent about 10 years there not long ago).
It's all Andrew, Matt, John, Paul and Steve, with a few Lukes Jarreds and Jakes thrown in.
AS for signing Ponga - wow, that is one interesting gamble!
Check the birth notices in the Newcastle herald. Ye gods!

Cowboys playing hardball, they'll release him for 2017 if Newcastle release Corbin Sims to them!!

He's about the Knights best so that would be crazy!!

Cowboys playing hardball, they'll release him for 2017 if Newcastle release Corbin Sims to them!!

He's about the Knights best so that would be crazy!!
Korbin is massively overrated. Plays 1 decent game followed by 10 where you would't know he's on the field. As a Knights fan I'd be more than happy to make that swap.

Korbin is massively overrated. Plays 1 decent game followed by 10 where you would't know he's on the field. As a Knights fan I'd be more than happy to make that swap.

If so your star 18 year old will be at Hunter Stadium in 2017.

Just saw the interview with the coach on Brisbane TV!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8