• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Technical Coach said:
@Dan

Just reinstalled Adobe Flash Player(to watch videos from the MWSE site) and this seems either the trigger or part of the problem(flash related on Mozilla) as the pop ups came back the next visit to Silvertails.

Uninstalled and the problem goes away.

While using adwcleaner i don't have the option to tick removal for each extension so i assume it is the default setting so i hit clean but it never cleans the two issues it finds.

Manually i can delete both issues, a rescan shows the issue is gone after deleting manually.

Here are the two issues it finds in Mozilla and they only reappeared after reinstalling Adobe Flash Player.

C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9sto0jkt.default\prefs.js ]

C:\Users\Surfing Account\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\0y34eycj.default-1403254580958\prefs.js ]

"Surfing account" is the guest account and "Me" is administrator---- i do not surf the web using the Admin "Me" account so the entry in this area only occurred after allowing Admin rights while installing Adobe Flash Player.

AFAIK these can still get I'm even with guest account the sneak in somewhat like a cookie gets inserted. The nature of the internet or browsers is that it downloads cookies, images and JS to your computer through natural browsing and this opens a door for these to be inserted.

Although they are going into APPDATA there is going to be another place somewhere on your computer that is holding the payload

@Dan did you make any changes ? because I haven't had this issue now for a couple of weeks. If it was an infection on my computer then it seems strange that it has just "gone away" without any effort from me.

Chip and Chase said:
@Dan did you make any changes ? because I haven't had this issue now for a couple of weeks. If it was an infection on my computer then it seems strange that it has just "gone away" without any effort from me.

Nope no changes at all on my end mate.

Chip and Chase said:

I did a complete reinstall, the only site I had issues with is Silvertails and only with Mozilla, after the reinstall seems to be ok.

Just to be safe I only browse Silvertails in sandbox mode but I doubt the issue is Silvertails related might be a bug with Mozilla itself.

Dan said:
Chip and Chase said:

Nope no changes at all on my end mate.

One of life's little mysteries.

Hi @Dan

Lately I've been getting a "warning: unresponsive script" error message continually pop up on my screen - but only on Silvertails. At the same time as this appears, my movements on the site normally freeze, even after selecting "stop script". Then the error message reappears repeatedly. When I close the tab, or the browser, I can then reenter the thread and move around/post for at least a few minutes before the same problem arises. The problem made the site, in practical terms, almost unworkable.

The workaround I tried today was to install an ad blocker. This seems to have fixed the problem, although it isn't a great solution as it stops you getting your revenue.

I am using a PC, and Firefox 42.0. Any other solutions? And do you need a screenshot? If so, I'll need the suggested email address.

Cheers,

It is either a rogue advert which sometimes come into play and seems to be affecting Firefox but not other browsers.

If you can tell me which adverts are on the page when this happens that would help. I have reported this to our advertisers and they are looking into it

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4