Pope Benedict admits evidence for evolution

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mata, it would be much more helpful/interesting if you didn't resort to a single line question and put forward your thoughts on the subject.

You could consider answering why if a God was to have a special relationship with humans that he/she/it decided to populate a universe with billions and billions of other worlds; and when you go past that why there was an experiment lasting so far 4.5 billion years on Earth so that a relationship was possible over such an infinitesimal small period of time (say 10,000 years or less)!????

Well the defence you guys are putting up relies on there being multiple planets capable of life. So what?

My question to you is, regardless of how many planets there are, what does your cosmology tell you about the starting point?

Well the defence you guys are putting up relies on there being multiple planets capable of life. So what?

My question to you is, regardless of how many planets there are, what does your cosmology tell you about the starting point?

The defense you put forward shows the greater "improbability" you pretty much say life is too complex to be here by chance, though would not a creator have to be even more complex and improbable?

Regardless of how many planets there are, what does your cosmology tell you about the starting point?

It tells us we don't know at best we believe through study that there was a singularity that occurred, and explosion if you will hence why the universe is still expanding and looks like it will continue expanding forever,

Though I will grant you this, because it also does the same amount of damage to your argument as it does mine, though I am willing to concede that science does not yet know all the answers, but we are trying to find out.

If you believe that the big bang singularity is a one of an chance event, is not your "creator of the cosmos" also a singularity and random chance event.

Your answer is yes it is exactly the same.

The difference being science has not put a default answer in place it has put a studied theory in place and continues to test and attempt to understand it further.

It tells us we don't know at best we believe through study that there was a singularity that occurred, and explosion if you will hence why the universe is still expanding and looks like it will continue expanding forever,

So you have just blown your "billions of planets, therefore a 1 in 50 billion chance is possible" argument out of the water.

congratulations.

No not at all. Not even slightly.

We have discussed a completely different thing actually.

I was speakign of the singularity of the big bang. We still have billions of planets that can support life, and your "Chance" argument therefore states that there are up to a billion planets that SHOULD have life on it.

Just because you state something Andrew it does not make it true.

Further more you have blown your "God" argument

Congratulations

No not at all. Not even slightly.

We have discussed a completely different thing actually.

I was speakign of the singularity of the big bang. We still have billions of planets that can support life, and your \"Chance\" argument therefore states that there are up to a billion planets that SHOULD have life on it.

Just because you state something Andrew it does not make it true.

Further more you have blown your \"God\" argument

Congratulations

You've admitted to one event, the planets are interconnected.

Congratulations.

Umm I never disputed that the universe didnt start with a singularity.

That is why the big bang is called a Singularity!

You clearly think you made a point but actually jsut showed how little you understand the topic.

Congratulatins

I fail to see how that is relevant to topic and/or how that will prove any point either way.

Existence can have meaning depending on context, I know better than to give an opening for you to misquote me out of context

I can see clearly where Mata is heading:

1311079153_road-going-nowhere.jpg

you are stuffed. you shot down your own argument.

Not at all I never shot down my own argument in any way shape or form.

You clearly do not understand the subject matter of science.

The big bang is what is called a singularity

Read > http://www.big-bang-theory.com/

essentially all matter and dust and all else cam from this event,, we don't know what was before or even at the time of the event.

There is theory that the universe expands and contracts and repeats eactime condensing then big bang explosion, however currently the evidence is pointing to the fact that the universe is still expanding and will expand forever.

anyways I digress, the big bang singularity is where all matter came from forming the billions and billions and billions of planets, stars, black holes, nebula, and whatever else is out there. However we do not no if there was an event before that and what happened each and every time

Like I said, simply saying an argument is blown out fo the water doesnt make it so. I conceded the point that we dont know and it is a singularity that was the first event in the world. I don't think you understand the implications of that to your argument.

Some times you are so so dense Andrew

Let me say this slowly for MB and Daniel. :stupid: :stupid:

Are you now trying to assert that the Big Bang is the fulfillment of the one in 50 billion chance?

[quote author=Matabele]

Let me say this slowly for MB and Daniel. :stupid: :stupid:

Are you now trying to assert that the Big Bang is the fulfillment of the one in 50 billion chance?

[/quote]

No that is what you are trying to make us say.

No it isn't

It is becoming clearer and clearer you actually know nothing of the topic and dont actually understand anything that is said. i wont waste my breath.

I will wait for posters like narc who actually speak with knowledge and intelligence

No it isn't

It is becoming clearer and clearer you actually know nothing of the topic and dont actually understand anything that is said. i wont waste my breath.

I will wait for posters like narc who actually speak with knowledge and intelligence

I was wondering how long it would take before you lose it and start to get personal.

It is a matter of the fact you have not once debated a topic you have used 1 line answers and shown no understanding of what is being said, just tried to truck on toward a point that only you know no matter the answer placed in front of you.

It is a typical approach most often employed by scientology, one I will waste no further time on

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6