Positions under siege

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
lsz said:
Mark they tip in the money

If they see the need to restructure so the club is all aligned then so be it. Sure there will be some instability but it would be far better in the long term

What are they Goin to do....keep a clearly divided structre (which appears to have been down ownership lines) or set up a system they want to succeed.

Well only time will tell won't it, and clearly anything I say you and Harry disagree with, so maybe the only way to sort it out is "Pistols at 30 paces"

How's that sound ?
If Penns want a clean out, I am happy with that as I have said earlier there are too many hangers on at the club that want everything for free and are costing the club and there are more than one person. I would love to see some fresh blood in there too many old dinosaurs who are set in their ways and won't change for the sake of the club

You make comments like that Harry, you name and shame!!

Come on you haven't been backwards in coming forward and sprouting your views.

So which Dinosaurs are we getting rid of ??

Mark from Brisbane said:
Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
lsz said:

If they see the need to restructure so the club is all aligned then so be it. Sure there will be some instability but it would be far better in the long term

What are they Goin to do....keep a clearly divided structre (which appears to have been down ownership lines) or set up a system they want to succeed.

Well only time will tell won't it, and clearly anything I say you and Harry disagree with, so maybe the only way to sort it out is "Pistols at 30 paces"

How's that sound ?
If Penns want a clean out, I am happy with that as I have said earlier there are too many hangers on at the club that want everything for free and are costing the club and there are more than one person. I would love to see some fresh blood in there too many old dinosaurs who are set in their ways and won't change for the sake of the club

I think we should start with Tyrannosaurus Rex. He's the most dangerous and I heard he lurks about the public toilets on game day.

Seriously , people like Harry come on here and make broad statements so come on Harry name and shame

Which Dino's you sacking!!

Kevinward777 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
lsz said:

How's that sound ?

I think we should start with Tyrannosaurus Rex. He's the most dangerous.

Yeah T Rex has gone

Mark from Brisbane said:
Mavin said:
1 position down Perry sacked who is next?

Acording to Harry the retention committee , so Tooves is next, the Warwick then Gigg.

All dinosaurs apparently !!

Yep if you think the divisions in the club are big now bring in outsiders and it will be all out war. If Toovey get's sacked (unlikely) more likely he get pissed off with the goings on and walks all hell will break loose.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Mavin said:

Acording to Harry the retention committee , so Tooves is next, the Warwick then Gigg.

There are plenty of dinosaurs there Mark a few carnivores and some herbivorous, I saw a few Grace removal trucks there as well

Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Mavin said:

There are plenty of dinosaurs there Mark a few carnivores and some herbivorous, I saw a few Grace removal trucks there as well
Still waiting for names Harry?

Mavin said:
Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Mavin said:

I have given the names to Scott

Harry said:
Mavin said:
Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Mavin said:

Thanks Peter

Harry said:
Mavin said:
Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Mavin said:

I see all talk ok

Cliffy said:
I don't know where the scare mongering stops and legitimate fears about the the Penns being in control starts. But I will say this.

1. I am optimistic at this point in time that it going to bring more dollars and be a good thing.

2. I just want to add one little thing.

If they sacked Toovs or the little bloke isn't happy and walks. Then forget everything else, I reckon you would see one HELL of a revolt. It can happen once a club man being unhappy and walking. But not twice.

Seriously who cares if a couple of past their prime players are upset about Toov's handling of Gift. The only thing that is wrong is that these pretentious spoilt arse sook players, may now actually think their winging and antics has resulted in them having a win.

Their can be only one winner and that is Toovs.

Gifty is old. Old as f*ck. His hand is f*cked. His body can't stay on the field for more then 6 months. There comes a time in every great players career when it is at an end. A board that supports a small group of players over a coach wow. I'd expect it at the tigers and last time I checked that hasn't been working out real flash for them.

Making tough calls is what good coaches do. Toov's would be thinking of the best thing for the team. Not what's best for Gifty and his little click.

When Wayne Bennett told Wally Lewis your not wanted next year your knee's f*cked, the rest of the team didn't cry and carry on like this. From memory with the dead wood gone they won the comp the follow year.

Regardless of who owns the Eagles, the damage by these players has already been done.

The Penns shouldn't kid themselves. Toov's has poll position here. He just needs to demand he gets the team he wants or he's gone. We are Manly. We ain't the tigers. Toov's is the only bloke running the club who has earned he fans respect. Zorba fu*k I am yet to hear one person say a nice thing about him.

They can try and put any type of media spin on it they like. But if Geoff Toovey is not coach. If Geoff Toovey is not 100% happy. If Geoff follows Des be it pushed or walks. Look outtttt. I reckon Geoff ultimately wins.

They can own as much as like in the Sea Eagles licence. But when us fans and other sponsors are no longer joining them for the ride. It won't take long before what they own. Ain't worth sh*t.

Brilliant, rousing post CIG. :)

wombatgc said:
Cliffy said:
I don't know where the scare mongering stops and legitimate fears about the the Penns being in control starts. But I will say this.

1. I am optimistic at this point in time that it going to bring more dollars and be a good thing.

2. I just want to add one little thing.

If they sacked Toovs or the little bloke isn't happy and walks. Then forget everything else, I reckon you would see one HELL of a revolt. It can happen once a club man being unhappy and walking. But not twice.

Seriously who cares if a couple of past their prime players are upset about Toov's handling of Gift. The only thing that is wrong is that these pretentious spoilt arse sook players, may now actually think their winging and antics has resulted in them having a win.

Their can be only one winner and that is Toovs.

Gifty is old. Old as f*ck. His hand is f*cked. His body can't stay on the field for more then 6 months. There comes a time in every great players career when it is at an end. A board that supports a small group of players over a coach wow. I'd expect it at the tigers and last time I checked that hasn't been working out real flash for them.

Making tough calls is what good coaches do. Toov's would be thinking of the best thing for the team. Not what's best for Gifty and his little click.

When Wayne Bennett told Wally Lewis your not wanted next year your knee's f*cked, the rest of the team didn't cry and carry on like this. From memory with the dead wood gone they won the comp the follow year.

Regardless of who owns the Eagles, the damage by these players has already been done.

The Penns shouldn't kid themselves. Toov's has poll position here. He just needs to demand he gets the team he wants or he's gone. We are Manly. We ain't the tigers. Toov's is the only bloke running the club who has earned he fans respect. Zorba fu*k I am yet to hear one person say a nice thing about him.

They can try and put any type of media spin on it they like. But if Geoff Toovey is not coach. If Geoff Toovey is not 100% happy. If Geoff follows Des be it pushed or walks. Look outtttt. I reckon Geoff ultimately wins.

They can own as much as like in the Sea Eagles licence. But when us fans and other sponsors are no longer joining them for the ride. It won't take long before what they own. Ain't worth sh*t.

Brilliant, rousing post CIG. :)

Well written , well thought about, and well it's probably the most sane thing on here tonight.

Masked Eagle said:
I remember him when he debuted a few years ago. My memory was he was a decent size and seemed to have potential. I think some people are getting a little bit to concerned with actual kilo's. Its only one of the factors which makes an effective front rower/metres man. Smarts, speed & agility are more then enough to compensate for a few extra kilo's and its traits I'd prefer to have.

Harry said:
Mavin said:
Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Mavin said:

Those words 'dinosaur', 'hanger ons', is it just me or do those words just conjure an image of Zorba waddling like a penguin to be near some current players.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4