Post Game Interview

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did Toby deserve a written warning??

• Political Correctness gone to far

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • I find this offensive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes he deserves a written warning

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • He should have been suspended

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • We need people with humour in the game

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Could have been handled in another way

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters
Sometimes I can spot an offensive joke or comment but increasingly someone needs to explain to me why and to whom a comment is offensive. I have to admit that the comment by Rudolf would have gone straight through to the catcher with me. I just saw it as a gentle dig at himself and at the public perception of rugby league players.

Offensive humor - humor that plays on racial or sexual stereotypes or that causes serious offence to or degrades individuals or groups - shouldn't be tolerated, but we need to be careful that we don't drive all humor underground where it is likely to fester and morph into something only used to promote hatred and bigotry.

Footy player makes uncouth remark .

Im shocked.
Footy player makes misogynist remark.
I'm shocked.
Footy player arrested for assault on woman.
I'm shocked.
Footy player on trial for sexual assault.
I'm shocked.

Not!
In the current political climate (I know, half the reason we come here is to avoid all that stuff) I'm not surprised he got a letter. On one level its a harmless throwaway line from a happy and exhausted, unsophisticated footy player but, like it or not, words do count. Words express ideas. Women as 'things' is not an idea the NRL wants to be linked with right now, and I can't blame them.

It wont be long before players will present like wayne bennett of old and fair enough.

Never been a fan of interviews while players still on the field. Just asking for trouble.

Just another example of the game letting itself down to please the broadcasters. if the game has a standard it wishes to set it needs to maintain its position through negotiations

Look I'll preface this by saying that I lean very much to the left.

That said this is ridiculous, if you sanitize your product too much you get left with a product nobody wants.

People identify with characters and this is about as harmless a joke as you can find.

I'm glad the RLPA are pushing back on this and as they should

Look I'll preface this by saying that I lean very much to the left.

That said this is ridiculous, if you sanitize your product too much you get left with a product nobody wants.

People identify with characters and this is about as harmless a joke as you can find.

I'm glad the RLPA are pushing back on this and as they should

Not sure what this has to do with the Left other than are you suggesting those on the Right would agree with it ??

I’m on the right ( well maybe Centre but definitely not Left ) and whilst it was just a throw away line after the heat of the battle the players need to be schooled on , “ social media “ and “ media interviews” much like our politicians are.

But let’s face it most young blokes would think like that , I did , you probably did when we were his age.

He never said a thing was female, just said he would pick up anything, could have been a woman, a man, a dog, a cat anything.

Was it offensive? I don' think so, it was just an off the cuff silly statement. Did the NRL overreact? they would never ever ever overreact would they.

The NRL are just so out of touch and tone deaf

I’d get every Manly forward to watch the interview. They could have a good close look at what a hard running gut busting forward looks like.
Was interesting in the call, that sideline eye Matt Russell refered to Rudolph before the game, asking him the difference in their side compared to last year. Rudolph said the change in the. training staff, and this years preseason felt like a 9, compared to previous years, where he called it a six. He also went onto tell Matty Russell, that at one stage he was contemplating throwing it in, and going to work for Maccas, such was the torturous training . I think it was Warren Smith who then chipped in, "until he saw the difference in the hourly rates.
He’s obviously a bloke with a bit of larrikin in him. And you can bet the players love it.

You hear worse in the local mall when buying some bread and milk...I think the worst part is actually this precious society and the media cashing in....
This is what wins ratings and creates the hysteria and damn glad I grew up in a normal world.
Players just need to be on their toes in every interview, which now takes away the ability to have a natural interview and be yourself, as you know there are many out there without lives waiting to jump in and take advantage of any "slip ups", which in Australia used to be water off a ducks back and more known as casual friendly banter.

Was interesting in the call, that sideline eye Matt Russell refered to Rudolph before the game, asking him the difference in their side compared to last year. Rudolph said the change in the. training staff, and this years preseason felt like a 9, compared to previous years, where he called it a six. He also went onto tell Matty Russell, that at one stage he was contemplating throwing it in, and going to work for Maccas, such was the torturous training . I think it was Warren Smith who then chipped in, "until he saw the difference in the hourly rates.
He’s obviously a bloke with a bit of larrikin in him. And you can bet the players love it.

Just in :
Warren Smith to get a stern letter from the NRL and FOX about making fun of lowly paid Macca's workers ;)

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8