Post-match Interview | Manly V Melbourne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

AlxFromNthNarra

Rarely does big posts worth reading....maybe
Blame @Ranga for feeding me wine.

For the real interview, see Storm: Round 12

1716560289330.png

Media: Tough game Craig?

Bellamy: We were poor at the start of the game, our wrestlefk tactic wasn't working, they were controlling posession, but there were good signs when the Ref gave us a penalty for 'holding down' in the last 2-mins of the half and we scored in the lead-up to half time. We hung in there, took the obvious leg-up. Similarly when in the 2nd half when we had them pegged on their line, getting back the 3m each tackle, but the Ref unfairly blows the whistle inside the 10m on the 3rd tackle when we were clearly just being dominant. Really, it was our start to each half where the ref left us playing catch-up, and really let us down.

Media: What about the start of the 2nd half where your players were awarded a dubious penalty on the kick-off for driving Nathan Brown back 15m after being called held? And then getting a marker in his face?

Bellamy: It was obvious we earned that penalty. Brown was out of line. The Ref's call on Held is always viewed as a suggestion, we play to it when it matters, because they are not going to penalise us for trivial infractions like that when they know how crabby I get in post-game interviews. Besides we had such a short 5-day turnaround from our previous game in Brisbane, it was unfair to adjudicate us on the rule-book given the circumstances. We took a Home game to Brisbane for goodness sake!

Media: Against (let me check)... Parramatta. A team Qld generally gets fully behind? Because they hate Melbourne, who have never have Qld representation?

Bellamy: You know it! That fella Papali'i plays for the Eels doesn't he? So many Queenslanders, its just such obvious bias isn't it.

Media: And you said that tonight is the 2nd game you had away in a row?

Bellamy: Yes, completely unfair. In magic round, it was called our 'home game' - can you believe that?

Media: Manly also had a 'home game' in Brisbane. And have taken a home game to Brisbane for 5 years.

Bellamy: Well...that's silly of them isn't it...

Media: Their home game was against last year's Grand Finalists Broncos. In Brisbane. Against the largest crowd for a club game in recorded History. With a partisan crowd seen sacrificing baby Sea-eagle chicks in Caxton St... making Trbojevic voodoo dolls, with Referees who actually wanted to see their children alive after the game.

Bellamy: But... They have the Qld captain in DCE though, they always support him.

Media: But... they hate DCE, don't you remember? You coached the Captain and 3/4 of the Qld spine for years - they disowned DCE after he not only backflipped on Gold Coast - and hence all of Qld - but he also did the high crime of putting a sentence together in a coherent manner, more than once! You know how much Qld hates that don't you?

Harry Grant: Duh....mumble mumble Derp werp twerp...

Bellamy: I got this Harry, quiet now. We had to play Brisbane too. Beat theem too!

Media: Where?

Bellamy: AAMI park...so...?

Media: Did you also play Souths this year?

Bellamy: Yes

Bellamy: ...AAMI park, Melbourne.

Media: Hmm, you don't want to know where Manly had to play them? What about New Zealand?

Bellamy: Yes....we beat them too

Bellamy: .....AAMI Park... now wait... wasn't that a home game for Manly though?

Media: Not this time. But your travel schedule is unfair, right?

Bellamy: Damn right!

Media: Did you have a ....Bye yet?

Bellamy: Yes! It was great, we had a team bonding session playing scrabble, cultivated Bonzai, held knitting classes and....you should have seen Nelson's centrepiece and...... wait.... it was a terrible time for a bye actually, completely unfair. So early in the season.

Media: And your opponents, who have been to Las Vegas, New Zealand, taken a home game to play Grand Finalists - the Broncos - at their home ground, playing another Top-4 Qld team the previous week in Brisbane and spending the week there mingling with sub-human Queenslanders.... not having returned home for a fortnight, on top of 2 international trips... Who haven't had a bye....?

Bellamy: Well they have one after tonight don't they? What are they whinging about?

Media: And so do you. Your 2nd bye.

Bellamy: We so deserve it, it's been such an unfair draw on the scheduling don't you think...?

Media: Obviously Craig. You have it so hard. Who you up against next?

Bellamy: Knights.

Bellamy: ....AAMI Park.....now wait

Media: And your opposition tonight?

Bellamy: I don't care...

Media: For the record......Penrith.....Away.

Bellamy: We are still the most shafted team with this draw and you know it.

Media: Of course you are Craig.

Bellamy: Are we done?

Harry Grant: Fk yeah! I don't have to say anything, mumble mumble Derp werp twerp...Queenslander!!

Last edited:

Nordburg

First Grader
You left out
Media:your tactic of moving off the mark at most play the balls,thus taking the marker out of play,worked again tonight on many occasions,but none more so than the one where BenT was disadvantaged and Harry Grant took full toll with a scoot up the middle,which eventually led to points for your team.
Bellamy:yes we work hard on that and hard work should be rewarded,and if the refs and the morons running the game aren’t going to clamp down on it,we’ll keep doing it

AlxFromNthNarra

You left out
Media:your tactic of moving off the mark at most play the balls,thus taking the marker out of play,worked again tonight on many occasions,but none more so than the one where BenT was disadvantaged and Harry Grant took full toll with a scoot up the middle,which eventually led to points for your team.
Bellamy:yes we work hard on that and hard work should be rewarded,and if the refs and the morons running the game aren’t going to clamp down on it,we’ll keep doing it
100% this, yes. Great addition :)

Also we were the only team who took a home game to BOTH USA and Brisbane for magic round. And Melbourne have had 7 home games this season - more than any other team in the 8. Don't really get what he was moaning about to be honest.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
100% this, yes. Great addition :)

Also we were the only team who took a home game to BOTH USA and Brisbane for magic round. And Melbourne have had 7 home games this season - more than any other team in the 8. Don't really get what he was moaning about to be honest.
Funny you brought it up ( brilliant translation). I don’t usually watch the pressers, but I watched Siebolds and then it rolled into Bellamys. FMD, It was a coin toss on what he repeatedly repeated. Either,"At the end of the day" or " if it’s a 5 day turnaround, one of those games should be a home game". No wonder Harry didn’t get a chance to say anything. At least it reminded me why I don’t watch pressers ( ok, Rickys if he feel his teams being rorted. And you can’t pass up on Desmond at his best).

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

View attachment 27140

Bellamy: We were poor at the start of the game, our wrestlefk tactic wasn't working, they were controlling posession, but there were good signs when the Ref gave us a penalty for 'holding down' in the last 2-mins of the half and we scored in the lead-up to half time. We hung in there, took the obvious leg-up. Similarly when in the 2nd half when we had them pegged on their line, getting back the 3m each tackle, but the Ref unfairly blows the whistle inside the 10m on the 3rd tackle when we were clearly just being dominant. Really, it was our start to each half where the ref left us playing catch-up, and really let us down.

Media: What about the start of the 2nd half where your players were awarded a dubious penalty on the kick-off for driving Nathan Brown back 15m after being called held? And then getting a marker in his face?

Bellamy: It was obvious we earned that penalty. Brown was out of line. The Ref's call on Held is always viewed as a suggestion, we play to it when it matters, because they are not going to penalise us for trivial infractions like that when they know how crabby I get in post-game interviews. Besides we had such a short 5-day turnaround from our previous game in Brisbane, it was unfair to adjudicate us on the rule-book given the circumstances. We took a Home game to Brisbane for goodness sake!

Media: Against (let me check)... Parramatta. A team Qld generally gets fully behind? Because they hate Melbourne, who have never have Qld representation?

Bellamy: You know it! That fella Papali'i plays for the Eels doesn't he? So many Queenslanders, its just such obvious bias isn't it.

Bellamy: Yes, completely unfair. In magic round, it was called our 'home game' - can you believe that?

Media: Manly also had a 'home game' in Brisbane. And have taken a home game to Brisbane for 5 years.

Media: Their home game was against last year's Grand Finalists Broncos. In Brisbane. Against the largest crowd for a club game in recorded History. With a partisan crowd seen sacrificing baby Sea-eagle chicks in Caxton St... making Trbojevic voodoo dolls, with Referees who actually wanted to see their children alive after the game.

Bellamy: But... They have the Qld captain in DCE though, they always support him.

Media: But... they hate DCE, don't you remember? You coached the Captain and 3/4 of the Qld spine for years - they disowned DCE after he not only backflipped on Gold Coast - and hence all of Qld - but he also did the high crime of putting a sentence together in a coherent manner, more than once! You know how much Qld hates that don't you?

Bellamy: I got this Harry, quiet now. We had to play Brisbane too. Beat theem too!

Media: Hmm, you don't want to know where Manly had to play them? What about New Zealand?

Bellamy: .....AAMI Park... now wait... wasn't that a home game for Manly though?

Bellamy: Yes! It was great, we had a team bonding session playing scrabble, cultivated Bonzai, held knitting classes and....you should have seen Nelson's centrepiece and...... wait.... it was a terrible time for a bye actually, completely unfair. So early in the season.

Media: And your opponents, who have been to Las Vegas, New Zealand, taken a home game to play Grand Finalists - the Broncos - at their home ground, playing another Top-4 Qld team the previous week in Brisbane and spending the week there mingling with sub-human Queenslanders.... not having returned home for a fortnight, on top of 2 international trips... Who haven't had a bye....?

Bellamy: Well they have one after tonight don't they? What are they whinging about?

Bellamy: We so deserve it, it's been such an unfair draw on the scheduling don't you think...?

Harry Grant: Fk yeah! I don't have to say anything, mumble mumble Derp werp twerp...Queenslander!!

lol, awesome

thanks to you and @Ranga apparently.

Eagle 1

First Grader

View attachment 27140

Beautifully worded, sums up the cheats in a nutshell.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Don’t underestimate my contribution!!!

AlxFromSingapore is soon to return to his native habitat, so it was good to catch up for a great Manly win in before he does. I’m not sure what some of the locals were thinking of us yelling at an iPad in the restaurant though lol
Worry not, we have all been there. My I pad is a real wanker in public

AlxFromNthNarra

Don’t underestimate my contribution!!!

AlxFromSingapore is soon to return to his native habitat, so it was good to catch up for a great Manly win in before he does. I’m not sure what some of the locals were thinking of us yelling at an iPad in the restaurant though lol
Glad the iPad was an option, thankyou @Ranga!!

You folks can probably guess at how many venues in Singpore blast out NRL on a regular basis! It ain't many, they have a business to run - not helped by tipsy Aussies yelling at an iPad... This isn't Bali :D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16