power balance wrist bands

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
clontaago link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=183511.msg307055#msg307055 date=1290464958]
creditibility ???

At least God can spell I'd hazard a guess :)

It's the ability to give credit
[/quote] I thought it referred to the Big 4 banks who, after all, are God.  (In their own minds at least).

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=183511.msg307055#msg307055 date=1290464958]
creditibility ???

At least God can spell I'd hazard a guess :)

It's the ability to give credit
[/quote]

Would that be creditAbility

Power Balance wristband exposed as a sham

Tom Smithies From: The Daily Telegraph December 23, 2010

332232-power-band.jpg

Taken for a ride ... Benji Marshall (right) Cristiano Ronaldo (top) and Shaquille O'Neal. Source: The Sunday Telegraph

THAT crashing noise you can hear is probably the sound of dozens of NRL and AFL players all over the country falling like dominoes, now that their precious life force has been taken away from them.

Sportsmen the world over who fervently believed in the performance-enhancing value of the Power Balance wristbands have been left feeling like children discovering that Santa isn't real.

The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission last night forced the makers of the ubiquitous wristbands to admit there is no evidence that they actually work, and to offer refunds to anyone who feels they have been misled. The queue of disgruntled consumers would include some very famous faces - from Benji Marshall and Cristiano Ronaldo to Brendan Fevola and Shaquille O'Neal, though some of them may simply be too embarrassed to seek the return of their $60.

Andrew Strauss could be first in line to ask for a refund given the England captain's recent troubles in the Ashes.

The ACCC's judgment was damning, and forced the company to publish advertising correcting its "misleading" claims, change its packaging and remove the words "performance technology" from the bands themselves.

"Consumers should be wary of other similar products on the market that make unsubstantiated claims, when they may be no more beneficial than a rubber band," ACCC head Graeme Samuel said yesterday.

The makers claimed the wristbands improved balance, strength and flexibility using so-called "holographic technology" to send energy flowing through the body.

Almost more remarkable than the claims made on the band's behalf was the way their popularity spread through world sport, from the Wallabies to champion surfers.

Australian footballers are believed to have been in the vanguard of the converted - Timana Tahu and Eric Grothe, St George's Matt Cooper and Bulldog Brett Kimmorley are among dozens who may now be looking for alternative wristwear.

Even Russell Crowe wore one when visiting bushfire-ravaged towns earlier this year.

Perhaps the only verified effect the bands had was to channel hundreds of thousands of dollars towards the company's balance sheet, though much of that was diverted to a number of celebrities paid to endorse the bands, including Fevola.

Marshall's agent did not return calls last night, but a clue to the band's efficacy might have come when the NSW Origin side requested a box of 40 before one of the games against Queensland this year, and promptly lost 34-6.

Well done BE. I saw that this morning as well. Right up there with Firepower's fuel pill. But it is only the opinion of the ACCC :)

i wont be
who cares if its only the pacebo effect (sorry fro if i spelt that wrong)
I feel its worked for me so i'll be keeping mine.

Cambo link said:
i wont be
lol Cambo.....he who has been scammed in his own country and shortly to be heading to the Kingdom of scams (Thailand). Good luck mate :)

Cambo link said:
i wont be

It depends what you pride yourself on. If being non-gullible isn't high on your list then I guess it doesn't matter.

The second letter of placebo would have to be an L, no matter how you spell it.

He keeps worrying about me nailing his spelling, but he is one I don't need to worry about, theres plenty of willing volunteers to stick the knife in to Cliffy :)

lol at anyone who believed they actually work...
the people who made them marketed them well though, all you need is a couple of high profile athletes to wear them and the gullible fool all over the world will part with their hard earned!
i reckon some of the athletes who wore them were in on the scam?

brookie it makes me sleep like a baby.. i didnt get it for no energy boost  or  performance.. it works  for sleep .. thats all that matters..  but i havent got 1 any more  i broke it 4th one.. now my sleeping patterns are distrupted  use to take me within 5minutes i`d be asleep. now i dnt wear one gradually im finding it takes longer each night.. pretty soon i will be back to my usual.. 1& half hours after laying in bed i will be asleep finally & then its only light so any noise outside just wakes me up..

lol at you ppl bagging it out , but you all probably have your own things like eg  lucky shorts,, socks,  lucky cricket bat  & other shIIt  ::)  its the same type of crap ..

Duff link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=183511.msg310239#msg310239 date=1293054266]
i wont be

It depends what you pride yourself on. If being non-gullible isn't high on your list then I guess it doesn't matter.

The second letter of placebo would have to be an L, no matter how you spell it.
[/quote]why don't you grab your photos of gillard and go pleasure your self Duffy you left wing hack :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8