PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Bulldogs [Round 8, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MATCH OFFICIALS:

Henry Perenara
Referee

Jon Stone
Referee

Michael Wise
Touch Judge

Liam Nicholls
Touch Judge

Ben Lowe
Video Referee

Ashley Klein
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry Perenara !!!

We're screwed.
We'll lay back and enjoy it - for Manly :makeup:

images

Ran into Henry in a bar in Sydney years ago on a grand final trip just after he retired. Ended up chatting to him for a couple of hours. Real nice guy but I was struck by how insecure and nervous he seemed given he was a young fit footballer.Was very shy and seemed to have little confidence.

That’s how he refs. He always looks nervous and not confident of his call. A lot of his matches are chaotic because he doesn’t take control and seems easily seduced by Scam and co.

Worst referee in the league.Not in the cheating sense. Just incompetent.

Ran into Henry in a bar in Sydney years ago on a grand final trip just after he retired. Ended up chatting to him for a couple of hours. Real nice guy but I was struck by how insecure and nervous he seemed given he was a young fit footballer.Was very shy and seemed to have little confidence.

That’s how he refs. He always looks nervous and not confident of his call. A lot of his matches are chaotic because he doesn’t take control and seems easily seduced by Scam and co.

Worst referee in the league.Not in the cheating sense. Just incompetent.
That's strange because the overwhelming impression I get from Hairy Perineum as a referee is one of arrogance and ego - maybe that is how he masks his lack of confidence. You are right about him being incompetent though - I'm constantly surprised how little "feel" for the game he has given he is an ex player

That's strange because the overwhelming impression I get from Hairy Perineum as a referee is one of arrogance and ego - maybe that is how he masks his lack of confidence. You are right about him being incompetent though - I'm constantly surprised how little "feel" for the game he has given he is an ex player

To be fair, he didn't have much feel for the game as a player either in my opinion.

4411637F-5920-4D2D-B5BB-D1791DBFF7B6.jpeg
What does the surgery involve? Anyone know?
The surgery would be one or two screws above his ankle joint to bring the tibia and fibula together, to stabilise his ankle while the torn ligament heals.
The “syndesmosis” is just the name of any fibrous joint - in this case the tibio- fibular ligament, which binds the two bones above your ankle (tibia is the big shin bone and fibula the thinner lateral bone) together to make a hinge at the ankle. It is a tight ligament with very little mobility. All the pundits use the word as though it is the injury! The “syndesmosis injury” aka high ankle sprain is when this ligament is torn. Daly said he felt something go, which would have been this ligament. It’s different to your usual ankle sprain where the medial (inner) or lateral ligaments between either tibia or fibula and the foot bones are stretched or torn.
Not really my part of the body but hope this helps!

View attachment 11317
The surgery would be one or two screws above his ankle joint to bring the tibia and fibula together, to stabilise his ankle while the torn ligament heals.
The “syndesmosis” is just the name of any fibrous joint - in this case the tibio- fibular ligament, which binds the two bones above your ankle (tibia is the big shin bone and fibula the thinner lateral bone) together to make a hinge at the ankle. It is a tight ligament with very little mobility. All the pundits use the word as though it is the injury! The “syndesmosis injury” aka high ankle sprain is when this ligament is torn. Daly said he felt something go, which would have been this ligament. It’s different to your usual ankle sprain where the medial (inner) or lateral ligaments between either tibia or fibula and the foot bones are stretched or torn.
Not really my part of the body but hope this helps!

Is that you, Dr Nick?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8