PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Rabbits [Round 2, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Conquest.jpg

Last edited:
Remember we used to hate the rain because we could hardly ever win. Now we preying for torrential rain just in the hope to keep the loss respectable. My god I feel so.........parra.
and the **** crowd that we were going to get won't look as bad .....

yes if their halves have their occasional off games Latrell does a hammy in the first 10mins, closely followed by Johnson, Cam Murray & Cook both get knocked out when they have a head clash in the first tackle .... easy

Last edited:
Does anyone think we can pull off an almighty upset?
If we are competitive and have a dig that will be enough.
show some pride for the jersey

look of course we can win , funnier things have happened in sport, say they lost cook in the match to injury it could even things out.

most of us can see 20+ defeat probably on the cards but you never never know.

it would be the biggest upset so far this season, but we haven’t had one this year so far why not us.

Last edited:
Does anyone think we can pull off an almighty upset?
I do but I confess I'm starting to doubt my ability to objectively assess our team. Come to think of it, I've never been able to be objective, and the fact we've had so many wins over so many years just allowed me to always expect the best.
Can I put it this way - I believe we can pull off the upset, but I admit this may not be a rational belief!

Hey! On the credit side, every NRL club has a bunch of pretty capable players. Sure, the depth of quality to get enough wins to finish top 4 and win a comp is limited to a handful or less, but all NRL clubs have solid players and a few very good players. So upsets can and do happen.
I'm sure some keen punter has checked the number of upsets that happen year to year, would be interesting to know if that number has increased or decreased in the salary cap era.

how about a back to basics approach this weekend, DEFENCE, DEFENCE AND MORE DEFENCE, just Defend and play what you see in front of you, maybe the mad professors game plans are to confusing for the players, defence is not confusing.
the game plan should be watch a rerun of the 2019 semi to see it can be done, we all know only the dogey sin bin cost us that day, , (tell JetSki, that’s how he should play every week and he might be of some value) hopefully it will bring back some self belief, then a rerun of last years match 56 to something (16?) to say make up for that and don’t let it happen again, maybe restress (if that’s a word) how embarrassing it was and hope it stirs some desire to make amends, we hate south’s, they hate us, so go and smash the running out them with solid defence, bring back the hate and the stir up the will to win.

Hey! On the credit side, every NRL club has a bunch of pretty capable players. Sure, the depth of quality to get enough wins to finish top 4 and win a comp is limited to a handful or less, but all NRL clubs have solid players and a few very good players. So upsets can and do happen.
I'm sure some keen punter has checked the number of upsets that happen year to year, would be interesting to know if that number has increased or decreased in the salary cap era.
I'm upset, there's one at least

I hate watching our boys behind the try line when the opposition scores, which we all know is to often, the body language needs addressing, it straight up sends **** signals to the opposition, for gods sake stand up, harden up and support each other regardless of who’s on the field, or who messed up, our captain must take a look at this and own it, it’s embarrassing, you never saw Cam Smith dummy spit or hang his head, he’d rally the boys and they would respond, maybe our captain should stand down voluntarily if he can’t rally the boys and install some on field belief and or show some better leadership qualitie.

Couple of changes, Boyle a sacrificial lamb. Funa last week was included to give Cust time he didn't really need to recover - and boy was it good to see Cust make a statement that he was ready after all.

Can't fault Funa - but this is what I like to see - players stepping up to show their hunger for 1st grade - well done to Cade, hope the kid kills it this week and becomes our 1st-choice in subsequent weeks (and hopefully an 80-min player too so we don't need to carry Croker indefinitely on the bench, making Schuster a no-brainer in the 14)

Cust coming off bench is fine by me - he'll be a much better impact player than Croker would be, and he may actually run the ball and create something. Better instincts imo.

Schuster being left out is a shame, but I can understand it. As some have already said, he isn't going to come on and win us the game single-handedly, and nor should he have to - especially against 2 of the most stacked rosters in the game. If managed right he should be a mainstay in future so now is about grooming him the right way - although I have no idea what that right way is in truth.

And hoping for rain is a weird one - I would have thought with our completions in the 60's (%) last week, last thing we need is a slippery ball - ie more errors.

If we can hold on to the ball first and foremost we can compete, rain is not going to help that. If we're coughing up cheap ball and sliding around in the mud we're going to slow down a hell of a lot quicker than bunnies will. And we seem to be a slower unit to begin with. Wonder how Brookie will cope with the damp?

Good to see Davey 'rewarded' - if you can call it that. We definitely need his energy to set the tempo and keep chins up early. A nice early barge-over by him - and maybe headbutt another great out of the bunnies lineup whilst he's at it (jokes..) - might set the tone for the game and keep it close(r).

A few of these players simply must be playing for their positions, so I hope they play like their careers depend on it - if it were up to me many of them would be on their last chance(s), especially with some of the Workers players sticking up their hand with solid performances.

Surely, Last chance: Croker, Garrick - chased/replaced by Harper & Funa.
Close to the edge: Parker, Siro, Gojetski - chased/replaced by Harper/Funa/Guac/Sipley/Saddler

On a bright note, I feel like Suli improved his defence a lot from that Tigers trial - where he was pretty bad to be honest. Then again, the Rooters peppered the Manly left-side a lot more than the tigers - and with 7 tries to show for it who can blame them. Suli just needs to involve himself more in attack as I still think he doesn't go hunting for the pill enough in offence.

Good luck to them, sure they will put on a better showing.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10