Pre-Game discussion: Manly v Souths [Finals week 2, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
A good point Roger makes, I’d be getting a few of the young guns to bait big Sam, he’s a firecracker waiting to go off and is likely to do something really stupid and get sent off.

Although send offs seem to be a thing of the past these days it’s all “ on report and 10 in the bin”.

A good point Roger makes, I’d be getting a few of the young guns to bait big Sam, he’s a firecracker waiting to go off and is likely to do something really stupid and get sent off.

Although send offs seem to be a thing of the past these days it’s all “ on report and 10 in the bin”.
Manly don't need to bait Sambo.
Just put on 18 quick points and he'll hog the ball like Gal and stifle their attack >:)

Danger is if he realizes that they'll lose, Sambo will start fighting and Manly lose a player to suspension :tmi:

Des has to drill into Manly that being able to play next week is as important as beating Souths :nerd:

Manly don't need to bait Sambo.
Just put on 18 quick points and he'll hog the ball like Gal and stifle their attack >:)

Danger is if he realizes that they'll lose, Sambo will start fighting and Manly lose a player to suspension :tmi:

Des has to drill into Manly that being able to play next week is as important as beating Souths :nerd:

Yes can’t afford to lose a valuable player at this end of the season.

Burgearse has only played limited games lately and you can tell he's not match fit. That's what I saw when the chooks played them on the final round. We only scored 2 tries in 1 half but could have had another 3 and all that defence they had to do was just gassing him out. And yes Robbo puts a player on the wing that is not only playing well for the Bears but also a player that Sam doesn't like due to the Facetime issues last year...A little bait, and he is silly enough to take it and the rest of the team goes down too.

Hasn "t been much separating the sides on their last two season encounters and do not expect that much different this Friday . Result could be determined as to which set of halfs has the better night . A repeat of D C E and Walker "s efforts against the Sharks will go a long way to getting Manly home . So many good things happen for Manly when D C E is on and combined with another very committed display by the other Eagles , another win definitely in the offering . Still have to tidy up some of the outside reads . Souths can exploit this also . Discipline and guts can get the job done again . Go Manly , you are good enough to keep your season alive against the Rabbits . .

Hasn "t been much separating the sides on their last two season encounters and do not expect that much different this Friday . Result could be determined as to which set of halfs has the better night . A repeat of D C E and Walker "s efforts against the Sharks will go a long way to getting Manly home . So many good things happen for Manly when D C E is on and combined with another very committed display by the other Eagles , another win definitely in the offering . Still have to tidy up some of the outside reads . Souths can exploit this also . Discipline and guts can get the job done again . Go Manly , you are good enough to keep your season alive against the Rabbits . .
Fair and balanced ad always.

Wow funny you should say that @Mark from Brisbane. I woke up this morning with this thought that idiot is going to get sent off. Let's hope great minds think alike hey.

Wow funny you should say that @Mark from Brisbane. I woke up this morning with this thought that idiot is going to get sent off. Let's hope great minds think alike hey.

It has to be coming, they can’t just keep sending to the judiciary , nothing would change his ways more than Bri g sent off in a final and costing his team the match BUT do they have the balks to do it??

Somehow I doubt it.

Trouble with Souths is:
A. When the refs are in the mood to give penalties, Souths players fake being held down.
B. When the refs keep the whistle in the pocket, Souths tacklers hold their opposition down.

Option B applies in the finals, so Souths will be modeled on the Warriors game vs Manly from a few weeks back.

Plus if Manly does manage to get a roll on, Souths players will stay down for fake injuries.

That's what Manly will have to overcome.

Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles
Friday 20 September, 7:50pm
ANZ Stadium

HEAD REFEREE: Gerard Sutton
ASSIST REFEREE: Adam Gee
TOUCH JUDGES: Nick Beashel, Belinda Sharpe
REVIEW OFFICIAL: Bryan Norrie
SENIOR REVIEW OFFICIAL: Steve Chiddy

Trouble with Souths is:
A. When the refs are in the mood to give penalties, Souths players fake being held down.
B. When the refs keep the whistle in the pocket, Souths tacklers hold their opposition down.

Option B applies in the finals, so Souths will be modeled on the Warriors game vs Manly from a few weeks back.

Plus if Manly does manage to get a roll on, Souths players will stay down for fake injuries.

Two can play at that game as well.

I think they’ll have to have multiple game plans depending on the circumstances.

All the talk is about Cook , Burgess , Reynolds , Walker etc

The guy that gets them rolling is Cam Murray. He has the best play the ball in the game and so much of their good stuff comes off the back of him landing on his front and getting a super quick ruck.
Stop him and we go along way towards winning.
Maybe that’s a job for Mad Jack. Bash Murray all night.

@The Wheel please ask the Club to take a copy of Eagle Rock to blast out at ANZ/GIO

Nothing better to hear than our song at the end of a game :inlove:
NRL runs all the entertainment at finals series - they had a copy to play on Saturday night and should have the same for Friday.

If not BYO ghetto blaster and Daddy Cool CD and let loose

Trouble with Souths is:

Geez the Raiders were impressive nullifying the Storm holding down tactics. It was quite the Masterclass.

All the talk is about Cook , Burgess , Reynolds , Walker etc

The guy that gets them rolling is Cam Murray. He has the best play the ball in the game and so much of their good stuff comes off the back of him landing on his front and getting a super quick ruck.
Stop him and we go along way towards winning.
Maybe that’s a job for Mad Jack. Bash Murray all night.
He was contained by Cordner so Corey and Keppie have the script :nerd:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8