Pre-Game discussion: Manly v Souths [Finals week 2, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
All the talk is about Cook , Burgess , Reynolds , Walker etc

The guy that gets them rolling is Cam Murray. He has the best play the ball in the game and so much of their good stuff comes off the back of him landing on his front and getting a super quick ruck.
Stop him and we go along way towards winning.
Maybe that’s a job for Mad Jack. Bash Murray all night.

Totally agree, if Cam Murray is ineffective their momentum goes down rapidly. Another issue that I noticed against sharks was the chip and chase. Jorge and Suli struggle with speed off the mark to turn and chase, will not be surprised that they use those tactics if they struggle for attacking creativity. I am sure Des will have a game plan to not be caught out.

Just thought I would try pick our team list Tuesday and see how well I go :p

1. Elliott
2. Taufua
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Walker
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Fonua-Blake
9. Koroisau
10. Taupau
11. Waddell
12. Gosiewski
13. Trbojevic

14. Fainu
15. Olakau'atu
16. Keppie
17. Sipley

18. Perrett
19. Cust/Croker
20. Boyle
21. Williams/Thompson

Yep, I threw Thommo in there because he is due back next week. And Des is king of mind games so could do an old Tony Williams trick this week again ;)

Last edited:

1. Elliott
2. Taufua
3. Walker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Walker
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Fonua-Blake
9. Koroisau
10. Taupau
11. Waddell
12. Gosiewski
13. Trbojevic

14. Fainu
15. Olakau'atu
16. Keppie
17. Sipley

18. Perrett
19. Cust/Croker
20. Boyle
21. Williams/Thompson

Yep, I threw Thommo in there because he is due back next week. And Des is king of mind games so could do an old Tony Williams trick this week again ;)

Team selected soon. I assume the only change to our 21 is Marty in, T Rex out , with Haumole to drop out of the 17 but remaining in the squad?

Totally agree, if Cam Murray is ineffective their momentum goes down rapidly. Another issue that I noticed against sharks was the chip and chase. Jorge and Suli struggle with speed off the mark to turn and chase, will not be surprised that they use those tactics if they struggle for attacking creativity. I am sure Des will have a game plan to not be caught out.
Im sure Jake Destrbojevic will take care of him.. he knows cams game from origin he knows how to take him down. It will be a good battle

We've got this - Manly enforcers at HT:rock:

AFB_Jakey.jpg

All the talk is about Cook , Burgess , Reynolds , Walker etc

The guy that gets them rolling is Cam Murray. He has the best play the ball in the game and so much of their good stuff comes off the back of him landing on his front and getting a super quick ruck.
Stop him and we go along way towards winning.
Maybe that’s a job for Mad Jack. Bash Murray all night.
We owe him one for the shot he put on Cade Cust (no penalty, cited afterwards but didn't miss a week with the early plea) last time we played.

We've got this - Manly enforcers at HT:rock:

View attachment 12723

I absolutely loved seeing this at halftime, matched by the pregame shed huddle and each and every time they g'd each other up on the field.
They are playing for each other, revving each other up, something that had been missing last few years.

You can have all the talent in the world, the latest and brightest coach, but if you are not going to play for each other, and take the attitude on the field, well you end up like Bronco's.

Team list;
Marty back that would is all!

1 Brendan Elliot

2 Jorge Taufua

3 Brad Parker

4 Moses Suli

5 Reuben Garrick

6 Dylan Walker

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

8 Addin Fonua-Blake

9 Apisai Koroisau

10 Martin Taupau

11 Corey Waddell

12 Jack Gosiewski

13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

14 Manase Fainu

15 Haumole Olakau'atu

16 Sean Keppie

17 Lloyd Perrett

18 Lachlan Croker

19 Tevita Funa

20 Toafofoa Sipley

21 Tony Williams

1. Elliott
2. Taufua
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Walker
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Fonua-Blake
9. Koroisau
10. Taupau
11. Waddell
12. Gosiewski
13. Trbojevic

14. Fainu
15. Olakau'atu
16. Keppie
17. Sipley

18. Perrett
19. Cust/Croker
20. Boyle
21. Williams/Thompson

So close!

Any of you ba hum bugs think that we can't win this with that squad then that'll do me!
Go Manly!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8