Pre-Game discussion: Manly v Souths [Finals week 2, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just thought I would try pick our team list Tuesday and see how well I go :p

1. Elliott
2. Taufua
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Walker
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Fonua-Blake
9. Koroisau
10. Taupau
11. Waddell
12. Gosiewski
13. Trbojevic

14. Fainu
15. Olakau'atu
16. Keppie
17. Sipley

18. Perrett
19. Cust/Croker
20. Boyle
21. Williams/Thompson

Yep, I threw Thommo in there because he is due back next week. And Des is king of mind games so could do an old Tony Williams trick this week again ;)
Apart from sipley your right oh and the 2 walkers ;)

Here we go
Screenshot_20190917-163340_League Live.jpg
fainu
Ola
Keppie
Perrett

The team has been named.....

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2019/09/17/sea-eagles-team-to-play-rabbitohs-in-semi-final/

FB - Brendan Elliot
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Moses Suli
CE - Brad Parker
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Dylan Walker
HB - Dale Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
HK - Api Koroisau
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Corey Waddell
SR - Jack Gosiewski
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

BE - Manase Fainu
BE - Haumole Olakau'atu
BE - Sean Keppie
BE - Lloyd Perrett

18 - Lachlan Croker
19 - Tevita Funa
20 - Toafofoa Sipley
21 - Tony Williams

Feels so good to have a bench of big forwards along with the best young hooker in the game

Great responsibility for AFB and Marty to lay a good platform this week and I think they will love tearing in
Starting with AFB and Marty only to have Keppie come on. If Keppie shows the same intensity he had last Saturday then we won't be losing too much with Marty/AFB coming off.

Starting with AFB and Marty only to have Keppie come on. If Keppie shows the same intensity he had last Saturday then we won't be losing too much with Marty/AFB coming off.

Agree, think the kid will be up for it but he will be up against another level of players than the Gummies marshmallows.

Souths have three Burgii in their team & are at full strength except for Braidon Burns

A statistic to be change: Sea Eagles have lost their last 9 games at ANZ

All of these have been without Desus (except against Souths which was only one point in it)! At the start of the 2013 Prelim v Souths highlights reel it said we had won 8 out of our last 10 at ANZ at that time @:cool:

52f9a3c1-62b2-4e46-aca8-ab7192fe2819-original.jpg

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Gerard Sutton
Referee

Adam Gee
Referee

Nick Beashel
Touch Judge

Belinda Sharpe
Touch Judge

Bryan Norrie
Video Referee

Steve Chiddy
Senior Review Official

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sutton is another one that likes to screw us over with penalties when he Referees our games.

The last time he was one of the Referees in one of our games was Round 25 against the Eels.

Penalty tally was Manly 9, Eels 5 (with the bulk of theirs coming around and after the 63rd minute mark).

Here is the run of Penalties last game Sutton was the Referee for our game aganst the Eels:

04:10 - Penalty - Offside inside 10m - Addin Fonua-Blake - Sea Eagles

14:18 - Penalty - Slow Peel - Daniel Alvaro - Eels

19:07 - Penalty - Offside inside 10m - Jake Trbojevic - Sea Eagles

20:13 - Penalty - Slow Peel - Apisai Koroisau - Sea Eagles

25:43 - Penalty - Slow Peel - Curtis Sironen - Sea Eagles

40:00 - Penalty - Offside General - Tepai Moeroa - Eels

42:19 - Penalty - Dangerous Tackle - Manase Fainu - Sea Eagles

44:25 - Penalty - Offside inside 10m - Jake Trbojevic - Sea Eagles

45:04 - Penalty - Dangerous Tackle - Martin Taupau - Sea Eagles

51:11 - Penalty - Early Tackle - Daly Cherry-Evans - Sea Eagles

62:48 - Penalty - Ball Strip - Junior Paulo - Eels

64:02 - Penalty - Marker Not Square - Brad Takairangi - Eels

67:38 - Penalty - Dangerous Tackle - Kane Evans - Eels

70:29 - Penalties - Other - Martin Taupau - Sea Eagles

Maybe sips is still ginger from the surgery and needs time.

Perrett has been playing every week so has some match fitness
Toff looked fitter than Perrett in body shape
But Perrett has had more minutes on the field
Des will make the call in the next few days between the 2 I reckon

Having just watched the replay I can't get my head around how good and involved Keppie was :nod:

I saw him in BWSE and said that he looked like he didn't belong but never expected him to fit right in NRL in a finals match against a pack of rep forwards :clap:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8