PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Penrith v Manly [Round 8, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The Broncos are crap yet they managed to keep the result within 8 points a couple of weeks ago. Their win against the Knights wasn't all that convincing either.

They are beatable. We had no hope against them earlier in the year the way we were playing, but we have an excellent chance now.

Luai is a f***ing twat. Can't stand the arrogant prick. Wouldn't pick him anyway too stupid and immature for origin. He won't destroy s**t.
He is a great player one of the best up and comers.. dce ron Jeremy and saab will need to be at their best. Turbo out the back helps so much he also defends in the line.. stopping them will be hard i think we can get them. Manly by 4

We have had some poor starts this year but we haven't been hammered early by the ref to the point we are gassed and can't hang on. This my be that game. I hope not.

If it is a level-ish playing field we are a good chance at knocking them over.

I said it elsewhere, if Manly show up today and flog the tigers, I think we will give Penrith a real run for their money next week..
They are so caught up in looking pretty... Every single set against the knights (and the Broncos last week) involved some sort of flick pass, early kick, just flashy bulls$&t while not bothering to do the hard work..
Broncos and knights arnt good enough to make them pay for the constant mistakes that come with trying to bypass hard work with flashy crap, but Tommy turbo is .. if they play like they have the last 2 weeks and we show up like we did last week we will give them their first loss..
(If Tom gets hurt today , penny will out 40 on us again ahhahaha)
I dunno mate they're a pretty handy footy side with a team spirit not unlike ours. They have strike power right across the field and are brimming with confidence. Don't get too cocky as this will be our litmus test.

Against the panthers we need to hold the ball for a high completion rate, 14 errors we had against the tigers, panthers wont be as forgiving. We need to have an old fashioned grinding win. Defensively we have been good the last couple weeks although Harper needs to stop rushing out and keep the line in tact.

I think panthers this week is the perfect game for us. It will truly tell us a lot about our season to come and whether we have improved or not from a few weeks back playing them.

they are where they are , the panthers for a reason, they are one tough football team and have strike power all over the park , specially with api returning.

I just hope we compete on Saturday afternoon in Bathurst, I think it’s going to be a the match of the round I think.

Last edited:
penrith havent looked all that convincing last two weeks, tom trbojevic and the whole team in general hasn't looked better in a long time, if we can defend well and not make any errors I think we win this one, this whole season scenario reminds me of in 2015 when we played Melbourne twice in the first eight rounds, we beat them twice and lost every other game, manly by 7, uptheeagles

I dunno mate they're a pretty handy footy side with a team spirit not unlike ours. They have strike power right across the field and are brimming with confidence. Don't get too cocky as this will be our litmus test.
I think we will give them a real test .. but I honestly believe it will come down to penriths mindset..
They are way more dangerous than we are across the park...
BUT... They havnt been respecting the ball the last few weeks...
Showed up both games expecting to just win.. the bottom feeding Broncos almost beat them because of it, and the knights were in it upto their eyeballs Until the penny class showed up..
IF they play the way they did when the Broncos almost beat them, Manly will put 30 on easily... IF penny respect the ball and show up expecting a tough contest, I think they win 1-12

There are 4 on the bench and 8 interchanges (plus HIA and 18th man) ...use them all for at least 30 minutes each FFS. If there are injuries we have the cattle to shuffle successfully...waste a bencher and an interchange waiting in case of injury.

We will need EVERYTHING we've got and more this weekend.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10