Private talk clears way for title push

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

effnic

Reserve Grader
Private talk between Geoff Toovey and Kieran Foran clears way for Manly title push

MANLY star Kieran Foran has revealed he called a clear-the-air meeting with coach Geoff Toovey to discuss his "feelings and frustrations" at the club's off-field dramas.

Read More

RE: Private talk between Geoff Toovey and Kieran Foran clears way for Manly title push

Hey mate rather than use the news prefix, can you please use the submit news option at the top, it just allows us to cross post it on the site and you still get the thread credited

MANLY star Kieran Foran has revealed he called a clear-the-air meeting with coach Geoff Toovey to discuss his "feelings and frustrations" at the club's off-field dramas.

Read More

And Foran claime
043083-19ae46de-e246-11e3-8ae0-51e0ec14d6b81.jpg
d on Wednesday he doesn't regret a well-publicised press conference last month where he became the first Manly player to admit there were internal "issues'' at Brookvale.

Foran's comments attracted back page headlines, the Kiwi champion admitted the issues hadn't "gone away" although players had now poured their entire focus into winning a premiership.

The issues Foran refer to include Manly's decision not to re-sign Glenn Stewart, the decision to deny Steve Matai a release to join New Zealand and requests from Brett Stewart and Anthony Watmough to be released.

Asked about his July 24 interview, Foran said: "I was frustrated that day. I think I made it well clear that I had some stuff in my head. I love my mates and I aired what I thought it.

"I have moved on from that now. We are just concentrating on playing good footy week in, week out, and building some momentum going into the finals."

Asked did he regret his comments, Foran said: "No, no I don't regret any of it. I love all the boys here and I didn't mean to put the club under any pressure.

"Obviously I had a bit going on in my head at the time. I spoke how I was feeling. I think they (Manly) understood where I was coming from. They could tell I was frustrated.

"I ended up having a chat with 'Tooves' about it later that day, clearing a bit of the air. He was good about it. The club left me alone.

"I wanted to have a yarn to him and express my feelings and frustrations on things. It was a nice, private chat, it was good."

Despite the drama, Manly remain two points clear at the top of the NRL table. And Foran has been in absolutely stellar form.

Asked had the "issues" he discussed vanished, Foran said: "No, I'm not going to lie, I don't think they've gone away. But we're not focusing on it as much. There are three weeks until the finals and we have to focus on footy."

The playing group somehow has shoved the drama to one side.

"We are pretty good like that here. We see stuff in the papers and we just leave it alone," said Foran, preparing for Friday night's game against Parramatta at Pirtek Stadium.

"The boys all realised I had expressed my feelings and just put it to bed. We just left it at that."

Foran said the club was happier than a month ago and were only looking ahead.

"It's always hard with things that are going on. I don't think we have hidden from that, it's a difficult period," he said.

"We've got a talented team, it gets to that difficult period where contract negotiations come up. The thing that has impressed me is that we're professional enough to just do what we need to do on the field when we cross the line for 80 minutes.

"That is what we pride ourselves on and that's what we are looking at the moment. We're not focusing on any of the off-field stuff, we have just put that to the side and put our heads down and build something."
Dean Ritchie
The Daily Telegraph

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/private-talk-between-geoff-toovey-and-kieran-foran-clears-way-for-manly-title-push/story-e6frf3ru-1227031138448

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4