Queensland leaves the planet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think coaching would be the problem.
Bennett, surely.

Okay because I'm procrastinating and not wanting to get out of bed to start my WFH day.

Here is an example of a squad put together for next year comprising off contract, out of favour, looking for a opportunity, esl and union players.

1.Dufty
2.Oates
3.Billy Smith
4.Tesi Nui
5.Vunivalu
6.Widdop
7.Cust
8.Walmsly
9.D Clark
10.Ryan James
11.Sirronen
12.Fitzgibbon
13.Finucane (c)

14.J Reynolds
15.Woods
16.Napa
17.Gosiewski

18.Chee-Kam
19.A Hopoate
20.Packer
21.Croft

Etc etc etc

Now obviously that is just a made up team on the spot. The new expansion club would definitely net a few marquee players......likewise the above team probably wouldn't make the 8.

But the point is a team could be put together with minimal impact on the league

It’s a laughable proposition to say Brisbane can’t support a 2nd team! When they’re talking themselves up as the new heartland of league they say absolutely everyone in Qld is mad for the game but now the clubs are against expansion they are scrambling for fans, sponsors etc?? Which is it? Typical BS

Supporters of a second Brisbane club in the NRL have released figures of their own which blow away claims that expansion will hurt the league.

(lol)

And V’landys’ plan to grow the code has received a massive boost with an independent report estimating a second Brisbane team would be worth $25 million to the NRL in 2023.

Applying that figure to a five-year term, the length of the NRL‘s last TV rights deal, a fourth Queensland team can be valued at a staggering $125 million — scuppering fears a 17th club would be a financial burden on the code.

Will the QLD govt build them a new stadium?
Anyone wanna guess how many it will seat?
30,40,50,60 thousand?

Sydney clubs like Manly should in imo be pushing for all away teams to be given a % of money from away games ticket sales. Say 30% for example.

Look at last week on the Gold Coast. All of those Manly fans came to see Manly play, but Manly get none of the day's money.

It would also encourage the away team to help promote the game and ticket sales.

Thought that one of the early considerations of having a 2 nd Brisbane based side was to enable a game at Suncorp most weeks or a home game for a Brisbane based team virtually every week . Might be a different situation if the Redcliffe Dolphins get the gig however , would think that their home ground if it was then utilized would need some major upgrades , The club should be able to accommodate a reasonable portion of that with their apparent strong financial standing .

Sydney clubs like Manly should in imo be pushing for all away teams to be given a % of money from away games ticket sales. Say 30% for example.

Look at last week on the Gold Coast. All of those Manly fans came to see Manly play, but Manly get none of the day's money.

It would also encourage the away team to help promote the game and ticket sales.
Fair point, there are generally Sweet FA away fans at 4 pines

Thought that one of the early considerations of having a 2 nd Brisbane based side was to enable a game at Suncorp most weeks or a home game for a Brisbane based team virtually every week . Might be a different situation if the Redcliffe Dolphins get the gig however , would think that their home ground if it was then utilized would need some major upgrades , The club should be able to accommodate a reasonable portion of that with their apparent strong financial standing .
I think Suncorp has an annual cap on how many event days they can have?

It’s a laughable proposition to say Brisbane can’t support a 2nd team! When they’re talking themselves up as the new heartland of league they say absolutely everyone in Qld is mad for the game but now the clubs are against expansion they are scrambling for fans, sponsors etc?? Which is it? Typical BS
The northern beaches can support the sea eagles, and 2 competitive first grade rugby union teams. And a few years ago we had a competitive Sydney shield league team that ruled that comp.

While Brisbane dithers and wrings it’s hands, the northern beaches should make a bold bid for a second NRL Team!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8