Quick fixes for Brooky

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Freagle

Bencher
ive often thought that a quick and relatively cheap way of doing something for Brookvale Oval would be to make terraces on the Western side under the grandstand...instead of a gently sloping layer of asphalt that only works if you're over 6'2"... Some of the hill could be given the same treatment maybe. OK the hill is fun, but the wedgie isn't comfortable, and the the stepping on fifty people every time you get up to go to the bar isn't great either... Some wide steps on the Western side though would let heaps more people see the game in relative comfort, for a few tens of thousand $$.

Any more quick fixes we can dream up?

Dirt and lots of it

extend the hill 10m further, a couple of concrete paths and steps

Done
I'm sure the Hill was reduced in size, and slope, due to 'safety' reasons. To extend it, safely, would seem a simple way to increase capacity. But all criticism of Brookie is about the lack of undercover seating.
I just wish they'd spend the $10-Million gifted by the Federal Government - or is it $20-Million?
As they say in yawnion: "use it or lose it".

I'm sure the Hill was reduced in size, and slope, due to 'safety' reasons. To extend it, safely, would seem a simple way to increase capacity. But all criticism of Brookie is about the lack of undercover seating.
I just wish they'd spend the $10-Million gifted by the Federal Government - or is it $20-Million?
As they say in yawnion: "use it or lose it".
The biggest problem here is going to be finding someone to do $10 million worth of work for $10 million..........because A LOT could be done for $10 mil

A quick fix is not the best result for Brookvale.

If there is to be a rebuild of the place it is going to take the best part of 1 or 2 years to do it and the team will have to play elsewhere.

The NRL now insist on having corporate facilities and seating for each ground and I think we need to put in more seating at the ground.

An idea might me to seat the northern end of the ground and leave the hill intact until a decision is made about the stadium. We need more undercover seating as well, Thats a big problem at Brooky.

How about a corporate hill

Have tents with tables and chairs like at the horsies up the top behind the hill.

A quick fix is clearly NOT what's needed for Brookvale. Any money spent on quick fixes is simply wasted and merely a continuation on what has been happening ever since I can remember.

What are the Penn's doing? They've sacked Toovey so there should be absolutely no impediment to them fixing Brookvale. Surely the playing group approves.

Is it too early to blame Barrett?

Is it possible for Penn to sack him before he even starts?

The NRL now insist on having corporate facilities and seating for each ground and I think we need to put in more seating at the ground.
Why do the NRL have a right to stipulate corporate facilities and seating? Surely this is a matter for individual clubs. Are they telling the Sharks the same thing?
Most clubs are lucky to half fill their grounds. When they play at ANZ and Alliance it's rarely more than 20% full.

Why do the NRL have a right to stipulate corporate facilities and seating? Surely this is a matter for individual clubs. Are they telling the Sharks the same thing?
Most clubs are lucky to half fill their grounds. When they play at ANZ and Alliance it's rarely more than 20% full.
As much as I hates it. Without corporate facilities the club will struggle to continue to survive. I want us to stay at Brookvale but we have to be real about this.

I agree that good corporate facilities seems to be a requirement nowadays but the question for me is, even if we had great corporate facilities, would these be used? Have we got a waiting list of corporates who can't get in to the existing facilities or who don't want to use them cause they are not up to scratch?

As much as I hates it. Without corporate facilities the club will struggle to continue to survive. I want us to stay at Brookvale but we have to be real about this.
And sadly this is the unfortunate reality of our future.

The quick fix for the Owners would be to move to Gosford, sux but getting Brookie up to scratch to what the NRL want won't happen. If the Penns were honest enough (insert sarcasm) they should actually come up with a plan and get formal support from Council, State or whoever then start doing artist impressions and selling it to the public.

Have the feeling it will be "we tried and got knocked back so we have no choice but to move bla blah blah"

Have the feeling it will be "we tried and got knocked back so we have no choice but to move bla blah blah"
If Manly is moved from Brookie I, for one, will go from being a dedicated member who attends all home matches to an interested but detached supporter who may attend a match if the team makes the final; the type of supporter people on here label as 'bandwaggon fans'.
I can only see a move from Brookie being financially harmless to the owners.

If Manly is moved from Brookie I, for one, will go from being a dedicated member who attends all home matches to an interested but detached supporter who may attend a match if the team makes the final; the type of supporter people on here label as 'bandwaggon fans'.
I can only see a move from Brookie being financially harmless to the owners.

I think most ppl feel the same way (including myself). But the inactivity over the last few years given that other stadiums i.e Jubilee, Belmore, Redfern, WIN etc have had significant assistance from Gov't and the clubs that call them home play their games elsewhere. Brookie would be one ground if upgraded would be the most used of the lot. Just disappointing...

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6