Quote of the Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
what about 'i didn't do it, it was my room mate'(or words to that effect).
greg bird after glassing his girlfriend.
same quote could have applied to half the cronulla team regarding the group sex scandal

Masked Eagle said:
An oldie but one I've always liked is from Amos Roberts. He scored something like 26 points in his first grade debut and when interviewed after the game he was told he was only 2 points off the record for a player in his first game, his answer was "oh? Maybe next time"

I remember when Lachlan Coote was interviewed on TV, after his first grade debut for Penrith. He had a baby face (only looked about 14 ) and was obviously really nervous. He said "I'd like to thank all my fans " lol

Also, Josh Perry to the referee after he was penalised: "you have got to be serious".
To which the referee replied: "yes Josh, I am".

globaleagle said:
damn, I've just run out of ice!

- barman on the titanic.

(sorry)

I'm just going outside to chillout for a while
- Lawrence Oates

2001 was a great year for quotes...
ABC compere:"How do you explain to your kids that a player's favourite tactic is the insertion of a finger in the opponent's rectum.

That is the question that families who follow rugby league are struggling with today.

First to rugby league, where the Wests Tigers have had another week they'd rather forget...."

Terry Lamb:"You know I have not had a finger up the backside but I have had me, me family jewels grabbed a few times, and I know what hurts most."

Cowboys player Peter Jones:"It wasn't a wedgie. That's when your pants are pulled up your arse. I think I know the difference between a wedgie and someone sticking their finger up my bum, said Jones, admitting that while both acts caused discomfort, they caused different sensations and he could differentiate between the two."

Warren Ryan: "He's been plunged into some sort of immortality for that kind of behaviour, because I've no, no recollection of anybody else doing that."

Dan said:
As I sit here at a camp site in slagharen netherlands, I'm sure the dude in the next tent had a pearled of a quote, everyone laughed, but its all Dutch to me
This quote is from Bill Bryson's 'Neither here Nor there' in which he records a Dutch conversation as it sounded to him, as it were in English.
Quote:
I asked the kind-faced proprietor if he had a single room.
'Oh, I don't believe so,' he said, 'but let me check with my wife.'
He thrust his head through a doorway of beaded curtains and called,
'Marta, what stirs in your leggings? Are you most moist?'
From the back a voice bellowed, 'No, but I tingle when I squirt.'
'Are you of assorted odours?' 'Yes, of beans and sputum.'
'And what of your pits - do they exude sweetness?' 'Truly.'
'Shall I suckle them at eventide?' 'Most heartily!'
He returned to me wearing a sad look. 'I'm sorry, I thought there might have been a cancellation, but unfortunately not.'
'A smell of petroleum prevails throughout,' I said by way of thanks and departed.

Dan said:
As I sit here at a camp site in slagharen netherlands, I'm sure the dude in the next tent had a pearled of a quote, everyone laughed, but its all Dutch to me

Might've been greek!

globaleagle said:
Dan said:

Might've been greek!

No, I heard a goed so in there

Dan said:
globaleagle said:
Dan said:

Might've been greek!

Sheesh, way to stuff up a perfectly good "it's all greek to me" joke.

Dan said:

Dan said:

That's better. Now it's double Dutch..

Michael Jennings talking about Melbourne "yeah...aaahhh...They're an 80 minute team who just ahhh plays for 80 minutes"

There's a good one from Jamie Buhrer in this weeks Manly Daily. Talking about only getting 10-15 minutes some weeks, he said:

"I'd much rather be doing that than playing with a team that is competing for the wooden spoon every week and getting 80 minutes."

We must re-sign him with an attitude like that.

globaleagle said:
Dan said:
globaleagle said:
Dan said:

Might've been greek!

Joke theft is frowned upon, I wasn't going to let you rode off my coat tails....the steaks are too high......

Any QLD'er will support this as quote of the year if uttered in this weeks team announcement
"At number 7, from the Sydney Roosters - Mitchell Pearce"

Dan said:
globaleagle said:
Dan said:
globaleagle said:
Dan said:

Might've been greek!

Joke theft is frowned upon, I wasn't going to let you rode off my coat tails....the steaks are too high......

Damn impressive!

HappilyManly said:
Club above calf :angel:
I nominate this quote by HM, of course refers to DCE playing on with a leg injury, but could easily be adopted by the players in future as a general battle cry. (Especially against the Cows)

;) :D

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4