R18 MANLY NSW CUP V WENTY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep we've got to go out and sign up some 15 and 16 yr old talent. Only Chee-Kam, Trbojevic, Gutherson will go on to play decent first grade, Zach Nicholls maybe but not with us if we keep DCE and Foz. A lot is riding on Lawrence,Sao,Hasson and Trbojevic for our prop rotation.

Fairy Bower said:
NSW Cup preview from http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=79063&title=vb-nsw-cup-previews---round-eighteen

Prediction: Going with the home side but it won’t be all one way traffic. Magpies by 10.

Fair dinkum FB.........you're a deadset genius.

Because he can cut and paste from the nswrl site???

edit: better add an lol, a :p, and a ;) in case...well you know.

oh and :angel:

I think there is too much pressure on Chisholm at the moment. Not only does he have to lead the team around the paddock but he has to baby sit his halves partner Nicholls. Meanwhile Jason Seage, a player we bought on good money, sits on the sidelines. His only crime was to get injured but he has been passed fit to play. Before that he scored 5 trys from 8 games and add to that various try assists. We are seriously lacking his ability to create and his combination with Chisholm.

globaleagle said:
Because he can cut and paste from the nswrl site???

Haha GE, despite posting the links people stil think its my opinion. Sometimes I look good other times ordinary. Lol

edit: better add an lol, a :p, and a ;) in case...well you know.

oh and :angel:

FB, is there something going on in the background with Seage? Is he a poor trainer or something?

Have heard he is a good trainer but has had a leg problem and is fully fit now. Perhaps the club know he has signed elsewhere in 2014?

Commentators are funny people.
The players, who I want to know who they are, are never called.
Trbojevic, who was running around in Jersey No.18, never got called by his name.
He stood out in my book for great one-on-one tackles and he had a go!

The commentators kept raving about Gutherson, the speedy 19 year old - young bloke who plays well in a much older-players competition.
They never said anything about Zac Nicholls, having his first game as a 17 year old. That was left to Lara Pitt as an end-game interview.

As a co-commentator, Gasnier did a pretty good job at explaining why attempts at field play weren't working but were a good thought.

Our NSW Cup side need a few training sessions with Brad Arthur to learn about defence. While they're there, call Gaz in to explain field tactics - obvious that Cougar's explanations aren't working.

I feel sorry for Chisholm. IMO he has probably been our best player this season. He didn't have the best of games today but during the year he has looked to attack via a good running & kicking game. He defends well most of the time but does have lapses and perhaps this is why 2V doesn't give him a shot.

If there was ever a time Chisholm was going to get a shot it was this week - with DCE out. Instead they went for Hiku for one of the halves and he is a player who doesn't like sharing the football. I hope I'm wrong but I would much prefer Chisholm to Hiku.

Wasn't there talk a couple of weeks ago about Seage being chased by Michael O'Connor for the Rugby 7's or something? And i think there was a mention of the dogs trying to sign him.

Any more news on that front?

I thought Jake had a strong game. As for Chee Kam hel be a star. Playing in first grade and running off Foz and DCE his talent will shine a lot more than playing in the reggies. Only his second or third game back from injury and needs some more game time.

manlywarringah said:
Wasn't there talk a couple of weeks ago about Seage being chased by Michael O'Connor for the Rugby 7's or something? And i think there was a mention of the dogs trying to sign him.

I don't have anymore news. Apparently the Dogs tried to sign him before June 30 but Manly wouldn't release him. He was spotted in a long discussion with Michael O'Connor at our Narrabeen base about 3 weeks ago as the Oz 7's were training there at the same time. Seage used to be coached by Snoz when he was in the Oz 7's.

Another player I heard that will not be with us next season is outstanding junior James Cunningham. He wants out.

Simply outmuscled by a physical, aggressive Wenty foward pack.
Wenty started with great go foward & quick play the balls making 60 metres in the 1st set.
The Seaeagles showed good resolve to get into the arm wrestle & scored the 1st try off a scrum to Farrar who only had to run 10 metres but a nice evasive inside step to beat a defender & score near the right corner.
The 1st half defence improved & Wenty only scored late in the half against the run of play after Manly had just shaded them in a grinding display.
At 6-4 Manly looked like they could go on with it in the 2nd half & for mine that was the dissappointing part. With the game in the balance coming into the last 20 minutes the team with the most desire on the day would win this tussle - unfortunately that was Wenty.
Young Jake Trobovic again stood up to the plate & was impressive against an experienced tough pack & showed he not too far off the top grade.
Chee Kam had some good moments running strongly with the ball though he looks almost casual at times - quality that needs more intensity.
The halves were decent behind a beaten foward pack, this effected their kicking games due to time on the ball & also seemed to create some poor options. Chisolm again good on his feet & creative at times & young Nicholls at just 17 got sorted out with some late (but fair) challenges but stayed in the game.
Gower was consistent, Gutherson had limited opportunities but tried hard & Higgins again reliable. There was not any terrible performances but noone who stood out in a physical encounter.
Overall the Seaeagles did not lift when the game was on the line. Its fair to say Manly got the rough end of the pineapple with some tough calls but the opposition wanted it more when it came to the crunch, with the score a fair indication.

Thanks for the report MKE. Wenty were mean and nasty yesterday and they fielded a big pack of forwards that we couldn't contain.

Young Jake Trbojevic came of age yesterday when he took everything that the big Wenty forwards gave him and was coming back for more. It will be interesting to see how long they keep him in this grade. I know other clubs play their 20's in short bursts, say 4-5 weeks in NSW Cup and then send them back to 20's so they don't get burnt out.

I thought our best were Chee-Kam, Gower, Higgins, Sene-Lefao and winger Jackson Williams were our best.

I would like to see James Cunningham selected for our next game. Can't believe we have allowed a talent like that to be wasted on the sideline. Same goes for Dean McGlinchey.

I was disappointed to see the coaching & medical staff leave young half Zac Nicholls out on the field while he was clearly distressed with a sternum injury after copping a late shot. To his credit he played on but we should be taking steps to protect the young fellas - not throw them to the lions.

Fairy Bower said:
manlywarringah said:

Another player I heard that will not be with us next season is outstanding junior James Cunningham. He wants out.

Cunningham hasn't kicked on like he should have. Seems a bit soft in the games that I have watched and doesn't appear tough enough to make the grade.

Masked Eagle said:
So was there any late withdrawals from the team named who might have traveled to North QLD as cover for Gift or George?

Nick Skinner will play in place of Rose I'd say

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4