Rabbits

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Let me just say i love Ray Warren...but it is time to move him out of the commentary box.
Listening to Vossy was a pleasure yesterday (not that other f@#ktard with him though!:mad:).
Yesterday we dodged memory lane, only to go down the path of who squizzy whatevers real name was for the new underbelly movie last night, damn them roosters making a break and interrupting that.
There was a cpl more like that, but the highlight (lowlight) was when he mentioned Zorro...and then started making the swooshing noises of a sword..gould covered for him, but FMD, how long are they going to leave him there blithering on.

He's a dithering old man who should have retired 5 years ago.

I'm embarrassed for him.

wombatgc said:
Let me just say i love Ray Warren...but it is time to move him out of the commentary box.
Listening to Vossy was a pleasure yesterday (not that other f@#ktard with him though!:mad:).
Yesterday we dodged memory lane, only to go down the path of who squizzy whatevers real name was for the new underbelly movie last night, damn them roosters making a break and interrupting that.
There was a cpl more like that, but the highlight (lowlight) was when he mentioned Zorro...and then started making the swooshing noises of a sword..gould covered for him, but FMD, how long are they going to leave him there blithering on.
True. Then we spoke at length on the height of Buderus. "Ah turn it up" said Rabs, " he wouldn't be 5'11" in stilettos!"

To be fair I imagine Ch9 tell him to promote their other programs during the telecast but I agree he's had his day. What he says in his commentary does'nt necessarily reflect what is happening on the field these days....just so long as they don't replace him with bloody Ray Hadley.

He also mentioned the warriors/storm result.

I swear both ch9 and fox commentators are killing international viewers who don't get the games in nice neat order of played when they keep 'rabbiting on' about other games results.

Annoying, but not gunna change.

Damn this being a minority!

edit: the banter about bagpipes between him and gus was kinda funny.

Love the Rabs Gus Show. What, you need a blow by blow from the field because you can't figure out what's happening for yourselves? Give yourselves an uppercut!

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Love the Rabs Gus Show. What, you need a blow by blow from the field because you can't figure out what's happening for yourselves? Give yourselves an uppercut!
Gus is wasted on a commentary team. He's the bloke I'd like to see running the NRL (after he quit Penrith of course).
He loves the game and there'd be none of this bull**** about abandoning the suburban grounds.

I also think his time is gone. I can't stand listening to him & gould rabble on about crap during a game.

When theyre not crapping on, they spend 2 sets of six bagging out a stripping decision or a rule they don't like.

No other professional sporting organisation has a commentary team that continually bag & bring the game down like they do. The afl talk each & every game up they have matter if its a 100 point margin or a crap game.

I never thought that much of Andrew Voss before but the difference in commentating was clear. Warriors & Melbourne was an enjoyable game & his commentary added to it. It didn't detract like channel 9's does.

Channel 9 have the worst commentators by far. I agree with others though, hadley is much worse. I get angry during warren & gould's commentary but cringe during hadley's. Throw in tim gilbert & you have your trifecta. Did anyone hear bris v cows when brisbane were attacking & hodges threw a cut-out ball to oates to score & gilbert screamed down the mic "thurston to oates" then realised & stumbled his way back through it? Very embarassing.

Fox are clear winnings in coverage of league. Matt Russell & Warren Smith are all over what channel 9 offer.

For the last couple of years I've enjoyed Fox Commentary a lot more than Ch. 9. And the one person I did like on Ch.9 was Andrew Voss.

Some of the hyperbole from Rabs is just pathetic, the fawning over players like Barba, Hayne, Slater etc, gets very tiresome.

And as for Gus, he has a great football brain, but he is too busy pushing his own barrow, and although David Gallop was an A grade knob, all Gus used to do was bag him because it was personal.

Ray Hadley? Dear god (and no Ray I am not referring to you!) he is the mother of all tools.

Tim Gilbert.....why is this guy on the footy? And why is he hosting the roast? The Roast about 3 years ago with Voss, Gus, MG and TK was actually my favourite show. MG would say some outrageous stuff, but it was funny, then they'd get into TK (which was hilarious), and Voss could keep Gus on the straight and narrow....bring that back!!

There are dozens of things wrong with rugby league at the moment. Rabbits' commentary would have to be the least important. While I do think he goes overboard about certain players ie. SBW, Barba and Slater, I don;t have a problem with his 'banter'.
Let's address the important issues affecting our game.

Old Rabbits only sees football through blue and gold eyes, the only time I enjoy his commentary is when his worms are getting pumped, which happens most weeks, then the excuses start blah blah blah. I remember him when they were a good team, his bias was shocking, at least old Rex never hid who his team was.

Time to go Rabbits!!

It's funny how some nicknames suit a person through various evolutions.

I like my commentators to come across as knowledgeable, not about what happened in the 60s, but the current players in the code.

Watching an AFL match, it's extraordinary the level of information that comes from the likes of McAveney and Commetti, and adds a lot to the telecast.

Rabs constantly making mistakes when calling players; a basic requirement of your callers, is embarrassing. That he recently noted that the only games he watches are those he calls, is indicative of his lack of passion for the code today. If he cared for what his listeners make of the game, he'd be capable of sharing a lot more, but instead he gets the lead and we rarely get to hear the insight of blokes with real passion, like Gus.

I think those think Rabs has only just lost it in recent times, are being far too kind. He's been rambling for over a decade and probably should've been put out to pasture last century.

The Who said:
There are dozens of things wrong with rugby league at the moment. Rabbits' commentary would have to be the least important. While I do think he goes overboard about certain players ie. SBW, Barba and Slater, I don;t have a problem with his 'banter'.

Rabs is an advertisement for the game. If the NRL/ARLC fail in this area, we rightly condemn it. Rabs' call goes out to millions of people across many markets, and to dismiss the influence of the standard of his calls, doesn't make sense.

Hamster Huey said:
I like my commentators to come across as knowledgeable, not about what happened in the 60s, but the current players in the code.

Watching an AFL match, it's extraordinary the level of information that comes from the likes of McAveney and Commetti, and adds a lot to the telecast.

Rabs constantly making mistakes when calling players; a basic requirement of your callers, is embarrassing. That he recently noted that the only games he watches are those he calls, is indicative of his lack of passion for the code today. If he cared for what his listeners make of the game, he'd be capable of sharing a lot more, but instead he gets the lead and we rarely get to hear the insight of blokes with real passion, like Gus.

I think those think Rabs has only just lost it in recent times, are being far too kind. He's been rambling for over a decade and probably should've been put out to pasture last century.

The Who said:

Rabs is an advertisement for the game. If the NRL/ARLC fail in this area, we rightly condemn it. Rabs' call goes out to millions of people across many markets, and to dismiss the influence of the standard of his calls, doesn't make sense.

What irks me is, his complete lack of understanding of rules and how he gets in a running discussion regarding those rules and how he interprets them. Gus then sits around making snide comments that he believes are funny but just aren't even close to being amusing. I mean I love telling a dad joke and anti-joke but his don't even broach those levels of humour. In fact the most humorous thing on him, is his upper arm bone......see now that's a Dad joke right there.

What is often annoying about his lack of understanding of rules is that he reads the rule as it is written which makes perfect sense yet still gets it wrong. The most notable recent example was his "rabbiting" on about a try should have been awarded because the defensive player was stripped of the ball which he went on to tell us "The player can be stripped in the process of making a try", he even mentioned the word attacking player, but still failed to put two and two together to say "oh wait, that only means the attacking player can be stripped"

I understand people's frustration with Rabs but I don't mind him that much. He's not biased like Warren "the tosser" Smith on Fox. Eight forearm jolts to the head would do wonders for that idiot.

As for the shameless promotion of Ch 9 content, I'm sure that's not his call. He probably couldn't give a bugger about The Block.

As for Hadley, too many years in radio. He calls every play like we can't see what's going on. He's the most disingenuous mongrel you're ever likely to meet and a real dillhole if you're audacious enough to disagree with him. Haven't listened to the Continuous Bore team in ages which is a shame because I enjoy listening to Bozo.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
The Who said:

The biggest question to Ch 9 is 'Who is your audience?'
If it's the general population who has a fave team but doesn't really care how they're going except for a passing line at work on Monday, then Rabs & he co-funny partner, Gould, are a fine combination of commentators.

If you're a more serious RL fan, then these two idiots are a total waste of space!
Rabs should join ABC Radio commentary. He's in the same age of Warren Ryan & David Morrow (both being boring idiots). Then the three of them could fu*k up any decent calling of the game, using their own bias at all points, especially Ryan's anti-Manly flavour.

That would leave Gus with Sterlo and some other anchor. Personally, I like Vossy & Tim Gilbert. Ray Hadley should go back to Radio ... in Qld preferably.

IMO, these are the big issues of the RL game. These issues are the ones that effect me.

And he dwells. Something could be 5-10 mins ago but still he talks about it. Again, I refer to the AFL commentary that rarely sees anything but the more controversial matters re-raised during the course of a match.

The final nail in the coffin for me was when he used a telecast of us vs Souths to further spout the rubbish we 'bought half the Souths side' back in the 70s.

Rabbit should run. away.

He has a strong, persistent, anti-Manly bias. He makes no attempt to hide it. It comes out especially when MWSE are playing Parra, Storm, Broncos, Roosters.

Its just tasteless rubbish, and i'm sick of listening to it. Its about time they replaced him with someone younger. Much Younger.

Where's Vossy these days, still in NZ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8