Re energise game day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Narrabeen Laker

Reserve Grader
Now we got Des back I think we need to re-energise the game day experience at our beloved Brooky .

First of all let’s give every player a mini manly footy when they run out and let em kick em into the crowd .
Buy one of those T shirt bazookas and send a few flying around the ground at half time like they do in the NBA .
If the yanks where people will sue you for anything do it I can’t see why it would be an insurance problem .

Bring back Goldman if his health permits to get on the mic and rev up the crowd . If he’s not available get a suitable deep voiced jock to do it not some high pitched millenial .
Who could ever forget when he used to call out BEAVER when he made a great hit , lets replace it with JAKEY.

Purchase some high quality banners to place on the hill that represent the players we have .

Engage the kids more and update IGOR the eagle and make him the coolest mascot in town !

Now we got Des back I think we need to re-energise the game day experience at our beloved Brooky .

First of all let’s give every player a mini manly footy when they run out and let em kick em into the crowd .
Buy one of those T shirt bazookas and send a few flying around the ground at half time like they do in the NBA .
If the yanks where people will sue you for anything do it I can’t see why it would be an insurance problem .

Bring back Goldman if his health permits to get on the mic and rev up the crowd . If he’s not available get a suitable deep voiced jock to do it not some high pitched millenial .
Who could ever forget when he used to call out BEAVER when he made a great hit , lets replace it with JAKEY.

Purchase some high quality banners to place on the hill that represent the players we have .

Engage the kids more and update IGOR the eagle and make him the coolest mascot in town !
Send this to Gorman

Engage the kids more and update IGOR the eagle and make him the coolest mascot in town ![/QUOTE
Send this to Gorman
First priority is to get rid of the stupid music that is now being played throughout the game. It is completely irritating and nothing to do with football. Very down market!

First priority for me is to get rid of the very silly and crass music that is being played during the games. Very irritating and down market.
Second priority is to restrict the input from the ground announcer. His continual and usually ignorant raving is a real off putter for me.
Third priority is to restrict the recorded advertisements that blare out every 90 seconds during the early games. Makes it virtually impossible to concentrate on the football.

People are the energisers ..... how about discount tickets for people who enter the ground before the start of the early games .....

Oh .... and a boomerang thrower .....

Oh ... and don't let anyone near a microphone .....

Thanks all for the feedback about game day experience- keep the ideas coming and I will raise it via the Members Council.

Also think about food/drink options, entertainment, etc

Thanks all for the feedback about game day experience- keep the ideas coming and I will raise it via the Members Council.

That endless and blaring music is really irritating.:mad:

Have Eagle Rock/Simply the Best for each Manly Try but can the music for scrums, penalty goals and opposition tries - the Fortress is ours :rock:

Can Manly publish what food and drinks are permitted to be brought in?
I've seen a few occasions of Security throwing out packaged goods that some poor family or senior had in their bags.
It is horrible for them and the Concession Stand Holders hardly miss out on thousands in lost revenue IMO @:cool:

Bring back the BROOKIE FOREVER campaign, but this time with t shirts that don't warp horribly first wash...

Igor is gone.

Okay ... you asked for it ... old codger rant .... I don't need some millenial numb-nut telling me when to cheer .... anything artificially created is not sustainable and just annoying ...

Back in the day when men were men and selfie takers were an embarrassment ...... the lack of dribblers with a sound system meant we had to do our own cheering ....... and the ground reverbarated with the mournful Mmmmaaaaannnnllllyyyyy or the Manly clap clap clap ..... we made our own noise and plenty of it ..... didn't have to worry about visiting supporters making noise .... a few blues usualy sorted that ...

Half-time a few junior races and a wet t-shirt comp .... done and dusted .....

PSS I actually think all that intervention by the announcer has actually been a factor in the reduced crowd chanting

Last edited:
Okay ... you asked for it ... old codger rant .... I don't need some millenial numb-nut telling me when to cheer .... anything artificially created is not sustainable and just annoying ...

Back in the day when men were men and selfie takers were an embarrassment ...... the lack of dribblers with a sound system meant we had to do our own cheering ....... and the ground reverbarated with the mournful Mmmmaaaaannnnllllyyyyy or the Manly clap clap clap ..... we made our own noise and plenty of it ..... didn't have to worry about visiting supporters making noise .... a few blues usualy sorted that ...

Half-time a few junior races and a wet t-shirt comp .... done and dusted .....

PSS I actually think all that intervention by the announcer has actually been a factor in the reduced crowd chanting
So no cheer leaders Woodsie??

Just on the banners like the ‘push it up manly’ and the flags of old let’s get some new ones .
I’m thinking a huge “ TURBO Charged “ would go well on the hill .
Could be used when The brothers do something good .
Any aspiring sign writers can have that one for free

So no cheer leaders Woodsie??

I thought they were a given ....... but you raise one of the few disappointing memories of my days at Brookie ..... old timers will remember that in the mid 70's the manly "cheerleaders" were a troupe of delightful girls aged between about 6 to 12 year old .....

Probably just as well really .... I didn't need any other ways to get into trouble .......the modern lot of cheerleaders would have me on disciplinary charges every week ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8