RECLAIM MANLY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The forum for members of the football club will be the AGM in December, I for one will be attending this meeting and listening to all the views of the members about the direction the club is taking, this is a critical time for the club to have a plan moving forward and the first thing that MUST change is how the club communicates with its members and fans because that has been totally offset by the continuing leaks to the media by parties inside the club.

The issue is that the Football Club themselves are out of the loop.

The Manly Sea Eagles Franchise do not have to report to their minority shareholder, our Football Club. There are limited to zero Board meetings of the MSE Franchise now.

I'll definitely try to get to that AGM in December.

Of course I doubt the Penn's or Kelly will be there as they couldn't give a rats what the fans want. I'd love one or both to be there to really hear what we think.

I don't think they'll like it!

Was talking today about how all this looks like the rabble that was Newcastle and Parramatta. How did this type of crap work out for them. I am thinking that when the renewal notice comes this year I might show the same loyalty that Tooves and Ballin are apparently about to get.
Spot on,I'll join you in the boycott.When I got the renewal phone call this yr they fed me the usual BS that the the trouble at the club was a media beat up

You do need to be careful if you have used a credit card they will just auto renew UNLESS you say no!!

I'm not suggesting we boycott the joint BUT if you are planning on a protest vote then be aware!!

Once the "official Toovey" announcement comes down I will be on the phone. I was at Albury and listen first hand to Joe Kelly. Toovey would have been chopped prior to that had the DCE and Foran debarcle not blown up. Kelly denied this at the time.

As for my membership I will think long and hard. I love to support my team but for 2 years now it doesn't feel like my team any more.

Once the "official Toovey" announcement comes down I will be on the phone. I was at Albury and listen first hand to Joe Kelly. Toovey would have been chopped prior to that had the DCE and Foran debarcle not blown up. Kelly denied this at the time.

As for my membership I will think long and hard. I love to support my team but for 2 years now it doesn't feel like my team any more.

Exactly how I feel.

I have never felt so detached from my club than I do now.

I've been a supporter since around 1974 (when I was 10) and started going to Brookie every game since 1980. I became a season ticket holder in the Jane Try somewhere around 1994 and have been there since.

I am a Football Club Member and support the sponsors who help fund my team and also joined the Leagues Club in the 1990's even though I don't live in the area.

What is happening to my club and the loyal people in it, disgusts me.

From the first day I saw Scott Penn in that news conference airing our dirty laundry to the media that Delmege hadn't paid his bills, i can't trust him.

I was hoping he would bring me around especially when they took over from Quantum.

They have let me and the club down BADLY and turned us into a laughing stock and shows what a basket case we have become.

I don't want to turn my back on the great players who bleed for my club like Matai, Lyon, Brett Stewart, Matty Ballin etc...or the great kids coming through like the Trbojevics and Guthersons but i am very seriously considering NOT renewing for the first time in 35 years.

The only way i can make my stance is a financial one. How can i give Penn my money with what he is doing to my club?

There's no other way to get to them as they won't take calls, others have tried to email without response and i can bet i would be cut off and talked over if i was to ring 2GB.

What can we do?

Penn couldn't bring this club down more if he tried......maybe he is? Maybe he really wants out of Brookie after all? Fans don't turn up, see....we have to move!.......If he isn't trying any of this then he has NFI on how to run an NRL team and should p*ss off now! @:mad:

Plus i would like someone to look into the way he was able to buy the Leagues Club and surrounding land and then sell it again in a short space of time for such a huge profit.

That stinks to high heaven how he was able to acquire the Club and land so cheaply, escpecially with his uncle on the Leagues Club Board! @:mad:

Actually, with all the journo's out there looking for stories, i wonder why a Kate McClymont or someone like her doesn't look into it.

I'm sure there would be some dodgy dealings that would show up a family deal.

It's not surprising zorba's telecrap mates let it slide. No way would they bite the hand that feeds them!

Anyone have Kate's email address handy?

Don't bother, I can find it. You've given me an idea. The shady dealings re: the leagues club would be a great place to start. Are you reading this ZtH?

Good point Mark, ring the Membership department or better still email them so you have a record [email protected]

Also consider joining the manlyfootballclub.com.au for $25 as they hold the Preference Share in the Manly Sea Eagles Franchise, which dictates Brookie, Marroon&White and the Sea Eagle Logo

I'm a member of the football club . However with the current shareholding structure it seems a fairly impotent organisation. Apart from keeping our colours and Brookvale as our home wtf else can it achieve? In the end the Penns will do what the Penns will do.

I'm a member of the football club . However with the current shareholding structure it seems a fairly impotent organisation. Apart from keeping our colours and Brookvale as our home wtf else can it achieve? In the end the Penns will do what the Penns will do.
But the items you described are the only assets.
The Franchise owns nothing,that is why they want the numbers in the FC Club as they can not do what they want to do - move to a more lucrative market.

If you looked at it like a commercial enterprise, the FC Club has the Intellectual Property and the Franchise merely licences it.

For the Franchise Owners to sell their shares, should they want to, the only tangible asset is the FC Preference Share.

On the operational level, the majority vote does give them the power to hire and fire at will.

Anyone have Kate's email address handy?

Don't bother, I can find it. You've given me an idea. The shady dealings re: the leagues club would be a great place to start. Are you reading this ZtH?
Well that will certainly inspire some Pararmatta-style publicity for the club.
Doesn't appear to have any relation to the Sea Eagles football operation though, apart from defaming persons associated with the club.

But the items you described are the only assets.
The Franchise owns nothing,that is why they want the numbers in the FC Club as they can not do what they want to do - move to a more lucrative market.

If you looked at it like a commercial enterprise, the FC Club has the Intellectual Property and the Franchise merely licences it.

For the Franchise Owners to sell their shares, should they want to, the only tangible asset is the FC Preference Share.

On the operational level, the majority vote does give them the power to hire and fire at will.
You misunderstood me. My point was that it is highly unlikely that they'll get support to change anything regarding our assets. The frustrations being expressed in this thread are directed at the way they run the club. The last line of your response says it all. Previous inferences seem to suggest that membership of the FC will change all that. Obviously not so.

Agree, the majority votes in the Franchise, at Board level, controls the daily operations. This year is the third version of the Franchise.

But the membership of the Football Club enables us to protect the Manly Identity , irrespective of the FC having their minimum 2 seats or all 7 as they hold that crucial Preference Share - that is why its important to join up.

I am thinking that when the renewal notice comes this year I might show the same loyalty that Tooves and Ballin are apparently about to get.

As for my membership I will think long and hard..

Exactly how I feel. The only way i can make my stance is a financial one.

Might I suggest when/if you do, not only make sure to advise them in writing but also state a crystal clear, single sentence reason as to why. No point in protesting if they dont understand why.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6