Recruitment, good , bad and downright ugly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Be nice to have a name of the person who "manages" our cap, I really hope it is not a hot potato or managed by a group of front office people who see m to be a revolving door judging the last few years of front office musical chair.

Also what would be affecting our recruitment is the new club coming into the comp next year.

Be nice to have a name of the person who "manages" our cap, I really hope it is not a hot potato or managed by a group of front office people who see m to be a revolving door judging the last few years of front office musical chair.

Also what would be affecting our recruitment is the new club coming into the comp next year.

Why hasn't it affected the Bulldogs? ****, even the Tigers have landed Sione Fainu, Apisai Koroisou, Isaiah Papali'i & Brent Naden.

Why hasn't it affected the Bulldogs? ****, even the Tigers have landed Sione Fainu, Apisai Koroisou, Isaiah Papali'i & Brent Naden.

Another we shouldnt have let go was Sione Fainu. Our forward strength is too bare to be allowing potentially good forwards to slip through out fingers

A big issue we have had over the past few years is we never seem to have a balanced squad. A few years ago we had a couple of the best forwards (Marty and AFB) but then nobody to partner DCE. Or the halves and forwards were okay but our outside backs were lacking. You can't win a premiership without having that balance (including decent backups for the inevitable injuries). If manly are willing to sink so much of our salary cap into the big three our recruitment team has to be much smarter with their selections for the remaining spots in the 30.

Let's be honest, you can manage the cap better than the other 15 teams but it will always be cheaper to retain a local junior than import a player of any standard.

There's quite a few of our locals, if not junior system representatives excelling at other NRL clubs which obviously indicates a talent identification and retention system issue, who manages that?

Season 8 Clown GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I dont have the name for you @Nappy but I believe this is our latest cap manager.

Daejarn Asi leaving the Warriors....ready to get shouted down here but on a min deal as some halves depth....

Let's be honest, you can manage the cap better than the other 15 teams but it will always be cheaper to retain a local junior than import a player of any standard.

No, it would be a lot cheaper to have no juniors .. and just buy imports ...

How much less are we paying DCE, Jake and Tom for coming through our juniors ??

remember we are paying Latu Fainu $1.3 mil and he is still a junior ...

Sione Fainu was on the bench on the weekend for Tigers Jersey Flegg. Maybe, just maybe the hype wasn't valid and Manly realised this and let him go.
Sione really seemed to plateau.....combination of injuries snd covid shutdowns perhaps

Well its been another tough year for the team and supporters 😔 I can't see next year getting any worse than this year was ( knock on wood ).
I believe as I've said it for years now we need to base our game on a strong defence first and foremost then attack, without a strong 💪 defence with that old Manly mongrel Terry Randall attitude back in the day we won't get the results we need whether we need to get another forward or with that attitude I don't know but we need to instill it into our pack.
We also need to sort out our pathways from a young age maybe try and claim a region in the state that no one else has but I'm not sure if we are doing that or not.
Let's hope we have a better year next year and let's hope we're all here to see it happy and healthy 👍

Last edited:
Well looking at foxsports and seeing other teams have signed this and that makes you frustrated with our recruitment and retention. The club has issues and needs a good 9 and some decent props that go forward. Will we see that?

Sione really seemed to plateau.....combination of injuries snd covid shutdowns perhaps
Obviously too early to speak on S. Fainu but it really is strange how some players tear up in juniors and then bubble away

What causes this?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8