Recruitment (there is method)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Given the disappointment some have expressed regarding our recruitment, I suggest the following possible explanation. As Stated in the Sunday rag, the clubs and players assoc. are at war with the NRL for not releasing the amount of club grants and the size of the salary cap for 2018. As a result some 250 players are off contract at the end of 2017 and NOT signing until they know.

This will be the biggest horse trading and gold rush in the history of the game with the possible exception of super league.

It just also coincides with the definite ending of both Snake and Skivvy's contracts. We will have some cash to make a splash.

I believe it is for this reason we have not gone too hard to get any of the many players we have been alledgedly interested in. some have been good players but None of them have been world beating must haves. It is also the reason I believe we have been happy to pick up a few key bargains with potential.

There is a game afoot .... and I think Bozo is in it up to his armpits.

It is funny how from the moment our season ended up until very recently, Bozo was viewed as past it/****/too busy with nepotism/ etc. and our team was "spoon material" and now with no real recruits to mention a lot of people have come back around and are liking how we look.

As one of the few who preached patience I find this very amusing and slightly strange but also totally normal now.

Given the disappointment some have expressed regarding our recruitment, I suggest the following possible explanation. As Stated in the Sunday rag, the clubs and players assoc. are at war with the NRL for not releasing the amount of club grants and the size of the salary cap for 2018. As a result some 250 players are off contract at the end of 2017 and NOT signing until they know.

This will be the biggest horse trading and gold rush in the history of the game with the possible exception of super league.

It just also coincides with the definite ending of both Snake and Skivvy's contracts. We will have some cash to make a splash.

I believe it is for this reason we have not gone too hard to get any of the many players we have been alledgedly interested in. some have been good players but None of them have been world beating must haves. It is also the reason I believe we have been happy to pick up a few key bargains with potential.

There is a game afoot .... and I think Bozo is in it up to his armpits.

Now that @Woodsie is taking " thinking" to the next level.

I much prefer TRUMPS BS FREE ANALYSIS any day, heaps more fun!

I hate it when people put a bit of thought into their posts.

It is funny how from the moment our season ended up until very recently, Bozo was viewed as past it/****/too busy with nepotism/ etc. and our team was "spoon material" and now with no real recruits to mention a lot of people have come back around and are liking how we look.

As one of the few who preached patience I find this very amusing and slightly strange but also totally normal now.
I don't think thats entirely correct, I'd imagine many people still aren't completely happy with everything that's gone down it's just that we love the club and want it to be successful.

Now that @Woodsie is taking " thinking" to the next level.

I much prefer TRUMPS BS FREE ANALYSIS any day, heaps more fun!

hate it when people put a bit of thought into their posts
Congrats Mark, I believe you are first ever recipient of my dummy spit*.

*on Silvertails that is, I've been know to throw a wobbly on the odd occasion in person

We needed a 5/8. Got a seasoned professional with both Grandfinal experience in NRl and super League without breaking the bank.

Needed depth in the forwards got Lane and Sironen without breaking the bank.

Needed depth in the backs, got Kelly, Uate, Omar and another Wright without breaking the bank. Gave a genuine star in Locke a lifeline at little cost.

All in all, some astute budget recruitment.

The Money and cap space is being saved for a splurge next year, when a lot of genuine stars come on the market.

We needed a 5/8. Got a seasoned professional with both Grandfinal experience in NRl and super League without breaking the bank.

Needed depth in the forwards got Lane and Sironen without breaking the bank.

Needed depth in the backs, got Kelly, Uate, Omar and another Wright without breaking the bank. Gave a genuine star in Locke a lifeline at little cost.

All in all, some astute budget recruitment.

The Money and cap space is being saved for a splurge next year, when a lot of genuine stars come on the market.
Agree with all of that but can't understand the Jono wright signing.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10