Recruitment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

reyam

Reserve Grader
What a joke our recruiting has become,we have the best 20's side in the comp and have lost one star and maybe more to come.Yet last year we wasted money on rubbish like T.Williams ,C.Bailey and S.Rodney.Now this year we are going to sign J.Galuvauo and D.Whare.I ask were is the vision in signing these players Joe is a struggling first grader at a woeful eels side are Whare is a u20's player.Maybe if we had concentrated on retaining our own players before buying others cast offs we would not be having salary cap issues.It is interesting to note the same people who spruiked Williams signing as the biggest and greatest signing ever are now telling us that Whare is a superstar.Should we not be working with young hoppa and other players in our own 20s rather then signing these at best run of the mill players 

Rumours are around that Kite is being offloaded to St helens at the end of the year as well. 

I suppose the problem is that most players don't seem to really crack first grade till 23-24, its only the stars that seem to make it earlier. So not all the under 20's will be right to go in.

Though some of our recruitment lately seems a bit silly. I'm still unconvinced by Tony Williams and by Bailey.

WOW, where did this come from? Rodney has been good for us all year, to call him rubbish shows you either have not been watching or just don't know what you're talking about.

Hoppa is a fullback, Whare is a centre, So because we have a good young player in one position we should not look at suring up other positions?

Our recruitment over the last few years has been second to none, I don't see any reason to panic now about it.

Yeah Rodney has been fine. I wouldn't call him brilliant, but you don't need 5 brilliant backrowers, we've got two brilliant ones (Choc, Stewart) and a few hardworkers like Rodney that defend well and attack hard. A good mix.

But I agree with being very unhappy so far with Tony Williams and being stilll unconvinced with Bailey. Both may still change my opinions of them though.

I read a rumor that Lestrange will be off to Bradford. Although nearly every manly players been linked with their mob since beaver left.

Also another sneaky is that Orford wont in fact be with us next year. The coaching staff are keen on giving Jye Mullane another shot.

Well I think Jye showed real promise with us when he was here. One of the most accurate kicking games in the comp.

Flip link said:
I read a rumor that Lestrange will be off to Bradford. Although nearly every manly players been linked with their mob since beaver left.

That is a certainty - announced officially by the Bulls this week.
http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=33884

There can be no complaint about our recruitment. Full strength, we have one of, if not THE strongest team in the competition.

We swapped Bani for Farrar recently. Was that fair recruitment? That was our last transaction.

I used to complain about recruitment as well, but regardless of which players are let go, and to give you an example of recently:-

Bell
Monaghan
Burns
Hicks
Bani

then quality players that retire, like

Kennedy

we have appeared to not only replace them, but the team as a whole has appeared to have improved.

I have no doubts in the world, that if we were injury free, issue free like at the start of the season, poor referee decision free (Titans), we'd be right up there.

Des is changing up his team now, with Lyon back to 5/8, so things imo will improve there as well.

The prop from the UK reportedly linked to us is a gun as well. If we lose Kite, and gain him, we have upgraded again in my view.

I personally think with Farrar, T-Rex, Bailey and co. we have enough utility players. Le'Strange is a disappointing loss, but not irreplaceable. Next year, something like:-

01. Brett Stewart (instant improvement in team)
02. Michael Robertson (again instant improvement in team)
03. Steve Matai
04. Ben Farrar
05. David Williams
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford
08. Josh Perry
09. Matt Ballin
10. Sam Burgess (Really, probably an upgrade IF it happens)
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney (Love the bloke !)
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Chris Bailey
15. Jason King
16. George Rose
17. Tony Williams (AND, in a position that would suit him better imo)

Really, there's no room for JWH, Hall, Le'Strange etc etc..I also think Foran will be pushing for a spot there somewhere as well.

Maybe at 1/2 back if Ox signs in the UK. Or Hodgkinson. Or Cherry-Evans (least likely).

Reyam, your kidding arn't you?

I think we have recruited well.  Look at our under 20's team. who recuited them????

TRex and Baily have shown some promise but are still young and inexperienced in NRL levels.

Not everything runs perfectly like 2008 did.

Led by Choc, We still have the team to win the comp.

Choc displayed the most professional and dominate origin performace i have seen in 20 years.

reyam link said:
What a joke our recruiting has become...
Rubbish indeed, our whole recruitment team needs a drastic overhaul or we will never get anywhere, we will forever be also-rans when we want and deserve to be successful, in fact we want to be the most successful > > > we want to be premiers darn it and it just aint good enough.

Who are the premiers anyhow, maybe we can headhunt their recruitment team?

Does 40-Nil mean anything ?

Rodney has been a great signing imo i think both T-Rex & Bailey will be better players in their second year at the club.

ads link said:
T-Rex better improve after tonight's performance.....

Agree he needs to improve. But i think his biggest problem is that he seems to do most things on the field in slow mode why i don't know ? I'm sure he will come good though maybe not this year.

eagle_predator link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=181103.msg232538#msg232538 date=1247882333]

The prop from the UK reportedly linked to us is a gun as well. If we lose Kite, and gain him, we have upgraded again in my view.

Ryan do you have a name ? mate
[/quote]

From the "Rumoured signings 2008/2009" thread:

TigerNige link said:
Rumour over here is that we are going to sign Sam Burgess from Bradford Bulls. Anyone heard anything ?.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8