Referee Henry Perenara forced to retire

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Mal Cochrane

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...
Manly fans will be shattered.

A heart condition has forced former player and long-time NRL referee Henry Perenara into retirement.
Perenara has been diagnosed with supraventricular tachycardia, an abnormally fast heartbeat that causes shortness of breath, dizziness sweating or fainting.

The referee had an episode at training a week ago when he almost collapsed.

“I nearly blacked out,” he said.

“I don’t remember much of it but that’s when I had to make the decision to give it away.

“You certainly don’t want to risk it happening in a game.”

Perenara, 40, played 72 NRL games and refereed over 200 matches.

In a stunning admission, Perenara admitted he had secretly battled the disease for almost 15 years. At times it struck him during games but he battled on.

I can empathise with Henry......experienced the same thing 3 years ago & believe me it was frightening. Worst part was going in to hospital for an Ablation to try & find the cause. Scariest thing I’ve experienced. Thank God hasn’t happened again. Good luck Henry & wish you a full recovery!

In a stunning admission, Perenara admitted he had secretly battled the disease for almost 15 years. At times it struck him during games but he battled on.
Having a heart condition AND being a NRL referee.... be is a braver man than me! I cannot think of a more stressful job! They get criticised for everything and congratulated for nothing!

hope Perenara’s health improves!

I dearly wished his reffing career would be retired...

but I don't wish him to retire from 'life'.

so thank goodness he is gone and I wish him a speedy recovery.

....supraventricular tachycardia - "an abnormally fast heartbeat that causes shortness of breath, dizziness sweating or fainting."

- I call that trying to do a sit-up

Henry “ pair of arseholes “ was never kind to us , NEVER.

Pleased he’s gone but do wish him the best in recovering from his health issues.

He did have the best "Try" signal when referring a try to the bunker. You could just tell he practised it in front of the mirror!

I didn't like it when he refereed us (one game at Penrith comes to mind), but over the last few years thought that he was relatively OK. Certainly much better that some of the others running around. Give me Perenara over the Sutton Cartel any day of the week!

Most of all I wish him well and hope he stays healthy.

I think another reason he retired though is that he got bored not hearing Todd Greenberg in his ear any more.

NYEagle

Former Kiwi test player, and credit to him for staying in the game after retiring as a player. Also played for 5 NRL clubs (but it was always pretty obvious Manly wasn't one of them!)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8