Referees are now a protected species it seems!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
It seems that Referees are now going to be a protected species.

His majesty Greenturd says that no coach will be allowed to discuss referees after a game at a press conference, so does that mean that journos wont ask the bleeding obvious question when a ref stuffs up as happens every week in some game.

This is just another attempt to erode transparency in the game and this Greenturd is so dodgy and referees will be protected even when they really stuff up!

There needs to be an investigation into this! lol

Maybe if there wore furry outfits instead of pink ones it may be more acceptable

This NRL commission seem to want to put the microscope over everything. What the hell do we need such ridiculous scrutiny for??? to justify their bloated incomes. They are a joke!!!
For Christ sake get someone in there who doesn't have an agenda....Smith is a Neville

Get your refs to perform better and there would be no need for them to be blasted. No problem with the occasional mistake, but the last couple of years have been terrible.

What do you mean "are now"? Referees have been a protected species for years. Us fans and the media can criticise them until the cows come home, but players, coaches and clubs can't do that for fear of hefty fines.

Are they afraid of someone's feelings being hurt? Are they afraid that people might actually find out the truth, that refs are actually human and from time to time they stuff things up?

I see they won't be wearing pink this year. Refs reckon they get no respect in pink.

The senior referee in each game this season will have a soccer-style armband to signify he is the man in charge, but the days of NRL match officials wearing pink jerseys have gone as it is believed the uniform made it more difficult for the officials to be taken seriously.

In a bid to make referees more accountable, one will be appointed as the leader of the team officiating at a match and he will wear an armband to make him easily identifiable.

Fairfax Media was told that some NRL officials believed the authority of a referee could be undermined if he was wearing a pink jersey.

Instead the uniforms worn by referees this season will be blue or red - colours that the National Centre for Australian Studies lecturer Dr Tom Heenan said were more likely to encourage discipline.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...fs-no-longer-in-the-pink-20150303-13u1p5.html.

I see they won't be wearing pink this year. Refs reckon they get no respect in pink.

The senior referee in each game this season will have a soccer-style armband to signify he is the man in charge, but the days of NRL match officials wearing pink jerseys have gone as it is believed the uniform made it more difficult for the officials to be taken seriously.

In a bid to make referees more accountable, one will be appointed as the leader of the team officiating at a match and he will wear an armband to make him easily identifiable.

Fairfax Media was told that some NRL officials believed the authority of a referee could be undermined if he was wearing a pink jersey.

Instead the uniforms worn by referees this season will be blue or red - colours that the National Centre for Australian Studies lecturer Dr Tom Heenan said were more likely to encourage discipline.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...fs-no-longer-in-the-pink-20150303-13u1p5.html.
So when the Dragons play the Dogs what colour will the referees wear? I guess one team must be forced to wear it's away strip that has minimum red/blue on it.

Well the pinks gone, here's the new uniform
2831796899_4127ecebd4.jpg

I thought the referees had finally agreed this year to wear Green and Red so as to make it clear that they always support the wabbits.

Good! Enough complaining about the refs from coaches!

But the ref's and the nrl have to do their part.

The refs need to lift their game minimising stupid stuff ups but also enforce the rules. Last year a new rule was brought in when you were allowed to approach the ref, but as we saw, sometimes the refs allowed certain captains to talk to them whenever!

The nrl should do their bit by allowing a captains challenge and sorting out the 2 ref debacle.

Plus captain after captain says they often do it to allow their team a breather and or get the defensive line set.

The media (ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha) should be the ones getting onto the refs incompetence and also there's enough footy type shows to do this as well. Unfortunately they all want to see who can be the biggest goose rather than talking about the actual footy.

Time for me to mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove on (still haven't forgiven Dan for pointing this out to me!!!)

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4