Refs' managing games:

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Have I missed something?

Have the NRL stated they do this? Or are we getting fired up at the perception this is happening?

Have I missed something?

Have the NRL stated they do this? Or are we getting fired up at the perception this is happening?
Siebold: After we got to 14-0 ahead (in the doomed Parra game) he said: "the management of the game changed". In other words the ref took over "managing the game". It's pretty obvious it happens.

Siebold: After we got to 14-0 ahead (in the doomed Parra game) he said: "the management of the game changed". In other words the ref took over "managing the game". It's pretty obvious it happens.
For me what Seibold said hid what the real reason was for losing that game, unforced errors, indiscipline and giving up 6 agains and penalties led to a glut of possession and our defence could not cope. We had a chance to manage that game and we made it nigh impossible to do so through our own mistakes!

NRL is the worst and most blatant sport at managing games. Too many subjective rule interpretations that allow refs to control a games tempo. Just put the damn whistle away, keep the bunker clowns out of up field decisions.
I cannot think of another logical reason for 6-agains… a penalty can be challenged as it is a stop in play but the 6-agains are totally at the refs discretion and cannot be challenged… they can be, and are imo, used to ensure that a “contest” is presented for the audience…

Yes it happens all the time which is why I'm always nervous when we shoot out to an early lead. We should have run away with the Parramatta game but the ref let them back into it. We did ourselves no favours but if they weren't given piggy back penalties and allowed to hold down for an eternity we would have won comfortably.

I tracked the penalties / 6 agains & the time & place they occurred for every game for a month back in 2022.

It’s important to track the time & place because you can’t purely look at numbers , for example a referee might be told at half time that the 6 agains are 8-1 in favour of one side , simply , at the end of the game they give 3 or 4 back to back & then a penalty.

So , just look at the stats they look equal, but they are not because the ones given to Team A were late in the set and often meant they scored as a result.

When the games gone giving 4 or 5 back to back six agains means the team well begins gets a consolation try so everyone is a winner.

The game is about “ entertainment “ & I don’t believe the refs are gambling on games but they certainly “ manage “ the games to ensure one side doesn’t get away too far.

I tracked the penalties / 6 agains & the time & place they occurred for every game for a month back in 2022.

It’s important to track the time & place because you can’t purely look at numbers , for example a referee might be told at half time that the 6 agains are 8-1 in favour of one side , simply , at the end of the game they give 3 or 4 back to back & then a penalty.

So , just look at the stats they look equal, but they are not because the ones given to Team A were late in the set and often meant they scored as a result.

When the games gone giving 4 or 5 back to back six agains means the team well begins gets a consolation try so everyone is a winner.

The game is about “ entertainment “ & I don’t believe the refs are gambling on games but they certainly “ manage “ the games to ensure one side doesn’t get away too far.
Which goes against the rule of fair play in sport. Refs need to rule on what's in front of them not to manage some crap bull**** sense of what's concocted as "entertainment". Because if that's all high intensity sport has become: "entertainment" and not a fair tough hard fought contest then we have all lost the plot.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8