Religion. is there a God?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mozgrame said:
Fit for life is an awesome book, and the information inside it is a wealth of knowledge. It has been rehashed so many times, under so many different names incorrectly as a "diet". I think one of the latest spin offs is the "live food diet".

It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle change, and it's a very simple one. It makes a lot of sense and you see and feel the difference within the first week.

Track it down at all costs @RiverEagle You won't regret it!

Do you mean moz, it's literally just a diet-book (Paleolithic/Caveman-diet), or lifestyle and philosophy as well ?

(And who's the author?)

RiverEagle said:
mozgrame said:
Fit for life is an awesome book, and the information inside it is a wealth of knowledge. It has been rehashed so many times, under so many different names incorrectly as a "diet". I think one of the latest spin offs is the "live food diet".

It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle change, and it's a very simple one. It makes a lot of sense and you see and feel the difference within the first week.

Track it down at all costs @RiverEagle You won't regret it!

Do you mean moz, it's literally just a diet-book (Paleolithic/Caveman-diet), or lifestyle and philosophy as well ?

(And who's the author?)

Definitely NOT a diet book. It doesn't tell you to eat this and don't eat that. It tells you that you CAN eat whatever you want!

It's a 2 part book.

1. Diets Don't Work
2. Natural Hygiene
3. The Natural Body Cycles
4. The Theory of Metabolic Imbalance
5. The Principle of High-Water-Content Food
6. The Principle of Proper Food Combining
7. The Principle of Proper Fruit Consumption
8. The Theory of Detoxification
9. Protein
10. Dairy Products
11. Exercise
12. You Are What You Think You Are
13. FAQ

FIT FOR LIFE - Harvey and Marilyn Diamond

Here's a link to some honest feed back from different people.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/821093.Fit_for_Life

I can only speak for myself, but I find that following the suggestions in this book, I keep my weight constant. I love a beer. I'm quite fond of Whiskey and all the junk food that goes with them :)

WITHOUT dieting, and WITH eating everything from curries to rump steak and chips, my weight always hovers around the 80kgs. No big guts. Energy to burn. By the way, muscle does weigh more than fat :p

Anyway, it's NOT Vegan. It's NOT a "raw food diet" It's common sense and combining food properly.

I should get a kickback for that plug hey?? :)

Lol, absolutely for that ad @mozgrame

I'm definitely following up on it. For a combination of personal reasons I've gone from around 76kgs to 96kgs in the last 2 years. (And my cholesterol and blood-glucose are just a tad high).

I'm about 6 foot-tall with boots on so I don't look excessively "fat". I just don't feel great quite often (physically) want to drop some weight (as does my doc) and when I was younger and playing footy etc., I was very health-conscious.

So all of the above whilst having spurious connection to religion, lol, fascinates me. I will read the feedback and track the book down mate.

EDIT: Correction...Mid 2012 I weighed 79 kgs; on Friday I'm now 103 ffs!

I know it's partly an underactive thyroid (which is common in my family, especially once we're over 40) and partly mental-health medication I take (a lot of those cause weight-gain). And I concede, largely my diet and lifestyle going too far in the wrong direction.

So apart from getting over this sinus-infection as a priority, I'm chasing up that book @mozgrame ASAP. *Things have got to not just a mere "crossroad" for my life, but an outright precipice mate.

The "power of our minds", self-discipline, and even a level of faith (even if that's intangible) are all called into play at times like this!

My amazing sister recovered (and damn-well beat down bowel-cancer) and she's relatively well again and back nursing (her profession).

And despite all that (and the difficult childhoods we had) she's just about the most positive-thinking person you could meet!

Obviously we talk about all this (including over this weekend) but it's time I really took action again! *Fit For Life* here's lookin' for you soon!

Not sure who has seen it, but I always liked this scene from Devil's Advocate. For those that haven't seen the movie, Al Pacino is the Devil in human form, that owns a multi billion dollar law firm. Keanau Reeves, a small town, but successful lawyer has been brought to the firm to work and has just found out that he is his Son.

The Devil wants Reeves to have a baby with his Sister, (He only just found that out that he has a Sister too. That's her in the background) to produce the Anti Christ.

All nonsense of course, but Al Pacino plays the part very well! In this scene, he is trying to convince Kevin (Reeves), who was raised by a single, very Churchy Mother, to forsake God, and why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGR4SFOimlk

Hmmmm. So, not too many people believe in God, yet even fewer are willing to comment or like an actor's interpretation of the Devil. Interesting.

mozgrame said:
Hmmmm. So, not too many people believe in God, yet even fewer are willing to comment or like an actor's interpretation of the Devil. Interesting.

Don't get your fish-nets in a twist, old mate!

You've only posted your clip pretty recently.

And in the end, surely you're used to these General Forums being consistently "under the radar"!

I don't know why that is, to be honest.

But I like Pacino (and this clip).

I simply haven't seen the movie mate.

RiverEagle said:
mozgrame said:

Don't get your fish-nets in a twist, old mate!

You've only posted your clip pretty recently.

And in the end, surely you're used to these General Forums being consistently "under the radar"!

I don't know why that is, to be honest.

But I like Pacino (and this clip).

I simply haven't seen the movie mate.

Not buying it! Your reply sounds like a dickenspitchtokidus!! You may if fact be an undercover God squad member. :dodgy:

I shall keep a close eye on you.

:p

I'm not an undercover God-squader, guarenteed @mozgrame

Now, Bless you my son...

And go very far forth and multiply!

You KNOW what I mean there I've NO doubt. LOL.

My angle tonight is not so much answering if there's a "God" or not, but closer to the question of fate, destiny, or perhaps if there is a "grander plan" (you know, when we all say, "That was meant to be", quite often amazed, as I was yesterday).

I'm on antibiotics, and pretty heavy pain-relief if required; and got told to stay in bed for the weekend (by my GP, we all have heard that). Well I couldn't and went for a gentle walk along "my river" which always helps, more or less. It was only meant to be brief as I'm trying to follow doc's orders.

Anyway down near an Information Centre where travellers or tourists use like everywhere else I saw a bloke sitting down near an amazing Harley-Davidson (I love bikes) and stopped to have a closer look. Well I got a closer look alright. And the guy having his pit-stop (and ciggie) I suddenly recognized. (We were occasional drinking buddies back when I drank very heavily). I hadn't seen him for six years at least. (He left town and I also heard went to prison for awhile, which he confirmed whilst we talked).

I recognized him more readily than he did me, because of my beard and longer-hair now, but you click with some people so well it's like it was six months not six years since sighting each other. He knows me and I reckon I know him pretty equally so we can be straight up with no grey areas.

So naturally I'd had a shockin' week and told him so. But I added, "Still not as bad as 2 years in the big-house for U, I know mate". His answer really floored me and I still feel very moved by it.

To paraphrase as succinctly as I can he said, "Mick we're all in prisons one way or another". (Meaning slaves to our jobs or lack thereof, responsibilities, financial restraints, physical or mental challenges, relationships and loyalties to friends, partners, family that confine or define our lives and can change rapidly (quite often out of our control etc.) You know what I mean.

But he added the simplest and most obvious "prison' we all share.

Our mortality. (Sooner or later we'll all be gone and that is something none of us can escape). It was delivered without bitterness or sorrow; just in the tone to suggest, make the best of it, don't sweat the small stuff, get your priorities clear and be true to yourself as much as possible (U then stand a better chance of being truer to everyone; and simplifying your life, at least a little).

Yes. It was a long conversation in the end, lol.

I know he's a very different man to the one I knew 10 years ago, last seeing about six years ago, as said. Obviously literally being in prison is a powerful challenge, but rather than breaking him, or his spirit, it clearly helped him become a better man. And whilst we all know it's usually the beginning of the end for many (prison) and a continuation of a downward-spiral, some manage to come out unscathed and reignite their lives in a better direction.

He's clearly doing that, physically as well as mentally (or spiritually however best defines it for you). He's travelling widely (making amends for those that understand 12-step programs). And I am so damn grateful I ran into him today, believe me!

Apart from the fact we'd not seen or spoken in 6 yrs. He was only in town for an hour's pit-stop, refuel, feed etc. And I could've chosen to go for my walk anytime today, or not at all, as advised by my GP, (which I hope you see how "unlikely" the chances were of even meeting up like that, it's the subsequent conversation on top, occuring as well, that still has me shaking my head. (Grateful but dumb-founded to be precise).

From my other posts on "a God" I'm not really any closer to resolving that Q in my mind. It's that Q of are all things random, or actually following some far greater pattern or rhythm beyond an average person's comprehension?

*I watched Manly tonight of course, am disappointed but most of us know I hope with 4 or 5 of our starting 13 out, it was always going to be a long-shot up there in the end*

The game-talk is for elsewhere except to say, talking to my old mate yesterday helped me get footy into perspective a bit better (and we're still alive and had another great season whatever happens now).

My bottom-line (apart from REALLY needing a talk like that from anyone) is "Was it meant-to-be, destiny, fate, or possibly a legitimate or logical cosmic-plan after all? Because yes, basically I'm no closer to being convinced there's an actual, official grand "GOD" responsible for all things.

Anyway I wanted to share something positive (after venting in Soapbox).

Got some pics (and contact details of course). He was sweet with me sharing this if I chose to, just not post his name or number-plate.

(He's not on-the-run! Please don't entertain that thought for a second...lol).

His wheels:

And my "heaven-sent" river, very near to where we talked.

Even a cynical, sometimes jaded bloke like myself can still be amazed by life; and perhaps slightly more open to the suggestion of a God...

Then I watched Manly with our troops dropping all over-the-place (at the worst possible time, a week from the Finals) and was soon irrationally cursing "Him" or whomsoever is "Up There" and running the show for being so damned unfair!

We're complex beasts, or I am, speaking for myself; but old mate free and on -the-road, making the most of the cards he's been dealt, sure helped.

I'm going to try and remember that as much as I can.

There are nearly 5000 gods worshipped in the world currently and that does not include ppl who think they are god.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4