Remembering 40 Nil

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Given its 12 years to the day of the Storm massacre, I thought it would be good to share your memories of that great day. Here is mine I dug up from an old Manly Daily story written by a former ST poster Joe Barton.

View attachment 15672
I was there with my daughter and we loved every minute....still have my T shirt, a very special possession. The joy of the crowds travelling back home was magical.

My unique experience was that on the Friday I got a call from a very desperate West Australian member who’d missed out on tickets but discovered the MWTS connection and begged me to get him two tickets.

Of course I had none left but he was distraught on the phone so I said “ yeah why not take my two and I’ll get in somehow “.

By Sunday morning I was desperate so contacted the Manly membership manager ( of the day ) and he said “ maaaaaate you are putting the pressure on me now but leave it with me “ . Two hours later I had tickets to the exclusive pre game gathering for the sponsors and he said I’ll have some seats for you .

Turned out they were the clubs seats for the players families , bang on halfway and behind the Manly bench , I spent the game with the Orford family , Mum and Dad to the left and his brother on my right.

For those unlucky and not getting in to the club I got snuck in at the sponsors entrance ( side door) , you had to have a wrist band but a football club staff member got me one.

It enabled me to be inside the club when the team arrived ( absolute pandemonium) and witness the Wolfie crowd surfing and the arrival of the trophy , through the crowd and up to the ( then ) large function room.

My wrist band also got me into the huge function that was held , players , families , sponsors and lots of hangers on.

The moment when the players got on stage and lifted the trophy was incredible , the Manly Manly Manly chant was deafening!

We had a room at the Travelodge , my wife left about 2.00am and said “ don’t stay much longer “ , I didn’t , only another 3 1/2 hours !!

You must have missed these

images

images

eaa50942b7cf3f58d159dd1e9f58d48e
That's gold

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10