Rest in Peace thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is for my good friend Trent. I’m not sure if this is the appropriate thread to put it in.
He was my mate for over 30 years. And the song below is very much how it went. We had both purchased our first homes. Then I found out he played acoustic guitar. And I’d grill the poor bloke Friday afternoons with, "I’ll supply the booze, you supply the tunes!"
And could he play! But my favourite was always Paul Kellys "to her door". Sadly life followed art in the next 20 years. He took his own life yesterday. He is not the first mate that has in my life. All I can come up with atm, is communication, communication, communication. RIP Trent.....this is for you my brother......:h::h::h::h::h:

Sorry to hear that mate, also more sorry to hear he's not the first. It's a terrible thing to go through and send you best wishes. Great song choice by the way, brings back some memories for me of a different nature. Envious of Trent if he could pull off a good Paul Kelly cover. Take care

Chuck Yeager, 'Right Stuff' test pilot who broke sound barrier, dead at 97

Chuck Yeager, the steely "Right Stuff" test pilot who took aviation to the doorstep of space by becoming the first person to break the sound barrier more than 70 years ago, died on Monday at the age of 97.

Chuck Yeager, 'Right Stuff' test pilot who broke sound barrier, dead at 97

Chuck Yeager, the steely "Right Stuff" test pilot who took aviation to the doorstep of space by becoming the first person to break the sound barrier more than 70 years ago, died on Monday at the age of 97.
Wow, would have picked him to have already gone into orbit. Fair innings

Thankyou to all who responded. I know it’s not easy to come up with the words. There really is nothing that will heal the pain except time.

Thankyou for acknowledging Trents loss.
Here are some telling numbers pertaining to suicide. The LBGTI one is a big kick up the arse for me.And the fact on average 135 people are impacted by just one suicide.

Suicide Statistics​

• Eight Australians die every day by suicide. That’s more than double the road toll.
  • 75% of those who take their own life are male.
  • Over 65,000 Australians make a suicide attempt each year.
  • In 2018, 3,046 Australians took their own life.
  • Suicide is the leading cause of death for Australians between the ages of 15 and 44.
  • The suicide rate in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples is twice that of their non-Indigenous counterparts.
  • People in rural populations are 2 times more likely to die by suicide.
  • LGBTI+ community members experience significantly higher rates of suicide than the rest of the population.
  • For each life lost to suicide, the impacts are felt by up to 135 people, including family members, work colleagues, friends, first responders at the time of death.
  • Males aged 85 and older experience the highest age-specific rate of suicide.
  • Same-gender attracted Australians are estimated to experience up to 14 times higher rates of attempted suicide than their heterosexual peers.
  • 1 in 4 Australians are lonely and have no-one to speak to. Lifeline is here to listen.

Star Wars actor who played Boba Fett dead at 75

Jeremy Bulloch had little screen time in the original trilogy, but his character became a cult favourite

As the Mandalorian bounty hunter Boba Fett, Bulloch made off with a frozen-in-carbonite Han Solo in 1980's The Empire Strikes Back, then zoomed around the desert of Tatooine in a jet pack in 1983's Return of the Jedi.

"Today we lost the best bounty hunter in the galaxy," Billy Dee Williams, whose Lando Calrissian appeared in key scenes with Bulloch in the films, said on Twitter.

Mark Hamill tweeted that Bulloch was "the quintessential English gentleman."

The 'Gilligan’s Island' star - who played Mary Ann Summers in the 1960s sitcom - passed away in Los Angeles on Wednesday morning (30.12.20) due to complications related to coronavirus,

iu

Masada Iosefa - played NSW cup for us back in 2014 or so. Died in a quad bike accident

33 is too young

Bunny Wailer, the legendary Jamaican reggae singer who founded the Wailers with Bob Marley and Peter Tosh and was the last surviving founding member, has died in hospital after suffering a stroke. He was 73

Remember Doug well. Used to go and see him and the Leon Berger Band at the surrey Hills Muso's club in Sydney back in 82 and remember speaking with him once Backstage one night about playing music. Very demanding performer with a strong voice and one of Australia's great singers. Wow great days.
He was an old Collaroy boy and member of the boadriders club. Local legend.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8