Resting Players Works

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Harper didn’t start the season so has played less than 25 games. He just had an off night second time around with Olam. If you look at the Storm defensive pattern they either bunched up on Garrick’s side which stop Turbo in his tracks, or had Munster and Olam on the other side which stopped DCE to Harper/Saab. We did not run through the middle enough, and when we did we made some gains. Storm knew we would attack on our sides rather than go up the middle and we didn’t have a plan B and this is where the game was lost.

I suspect in the second half when the gal became 30-6 some players preserved themselves for week 2 rather than go all out and either get injured or suspended. Roosters have a sore body and now their Hooker will be missing, we need to start the match targeting the middle then go wide after winning the battle upfront.

can’t wait for Friday 7.50 pm to come quick enough.

If it was in my contract to get a bonus for reaching a target I'd try and get the bonus too, this is his job, not a hobby..this is all speculation of course.

Harper didn’t start the season so has played less than 25 games.
Harper looked shot for weeks. About four weeks ago I mentioned that he looked injured or off and needed a break. I think it showed under the pressure of semi final football. Resting him would not have changed the result in terms of win/loss but it may have reduced the thumping and preserved his confidence.

It was such a shame that we couldn't win one more game in the regular season. Some of the boys definitely looked a little jaded out there on Friday. The excellent news - Roosters appeared to be blowing hard last night. If we beat them, it won't be hard getting them up for a prelim; I don't imagine. Fingers crossed that Croker will be back.
If Croker is not back we will struggle badly again , our team dynamics looked so shot on Friday night and everyone was getting annoyed about it.

Croker can't believe how underrated he has become with us. He may not be the most flashy dummy half out there but he is the link that opens up Turbo DCE and Jake.

We may not win on Friday night but I can bet you Croker will at least once set up turbo for a major line break leading to a try.. they just work so well together

Last edited:
What did everyone think about Parra's performance having rested most of their team last week?

They got the win but don't think it was down to resting their players.
Their forwards came out and hammered the Knights all game,their pack haven't done that for a while now,don't know I would say that it was the reason they won the game.
However...if ours had come out and played like that,maybe we would have won?

Pretty sure if Harper was carrying any serious injury that Des would have rested him in the final fixture games . Very similar occurrence last season when his end of season form dropped off quite a bit and with no final "s pressure then and no significant injuries . Not sure what sort of injury niggles some Manly players may have had towards the regular season "s end but apparently not serious enough to require resting ,. In any case showed against the bottom ranked Dogs and Cows that it needed essentially a full strength side to win and make the top 4 . Needed to go to another level against the Storm and fell well short , just have to lift all round or quite a few individual players to stay alive this Friday .

What did everyone think about Parra's performance having rested most of their team last week?

I think they rested the ref last weekend

Happy to put the fox in the chicken coop......Did Des have more interest in getting his bonus for finishing in the top 4 instead of doing what was best for the side and resting some guys leading into the finals?
Or did he just not see that some guys were getting jaded and needed a rest....?
We had enough troops back from injury to give a few of them a run even if they may have been underdone and we lost a match.
I don't think Des has ever been a big fan of resting players

Newcastle rested their entire starting forward pack in the last round. Why do you think the Broncos thumped them.

Or did you miss that rather important point?

That negated any advantage Parra had resting players.

I

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11