Retention committee

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I repeat my last post. If Manly won ALL the time, I'd have exactly the same amount of posts. As they lose more than win, I naturally look like I post more often when they lose, as that is what they do more often.

I understood Ryan, just stirring you up. And this season we are 50/50 arnt we?

I know mate. I generally just quick reply rather than quoting, so don't get a chance to ;) , or :D etc etc...

LAST 12 months (from June last year through to now). :yeah:

[quote author=Stevie]
as usual when we are winning you dont hear Boo From Ryan & Mata but as soon as we have a few Losses , They are off Posting there Little Hearts out , If you Honestly Believe that the Retention commitee is meeting for the first time Tomorrow you are Either Incredible Naive or Incredibly Stupid

Stevie, I know you struggle with comprehension (and possibly maths), but I post at all times (as does Mata). How else would you come up with your usual bleat that I am so up and down throughout a season? Debate the issue, not the man...
[/quote]

Garbage your best Call since you said Nate Myles was crap
I know you post often but the Posts are Cranked up after a loss
and Im not the First to point this out (read above)
should we have a Poll ?

Mata I may have a lot less Posts , But 50% of them arent Drivel
I can Hardly wait till you Give us another "Hoppa The Hyena" Stories
my sides are still hurting from that one ..... Idiot

ok I lied i only read half , cos i didnt want to waste 30 secs of my life

I've said it before. 40 year old single virgin, living with Mom spring to mind.

Sorry Hannibal...had to say it. :D

One of the first things i noted about this site when i first found out about it was a comment which read something along the lines of :
"we like to make informed opinions here" Not certain but I believe it was attributable to Mata.
Another true comment was "constructive criticism is helpful'

This was all done at a time of responding to MSE posters who suggested ST people were not true supporters or some such rubbish.

In response to this weeks loss its my opinion that there has been a complete overreaction with an outpouring of whinging bitching and moaning rather than constructive criticism.

"Mass sackings" "coach given the sack" "the year is gone" are all far from constructive criticisms. Just whinging. It doesnt do this site justice to what im sure were its foundation objectives.

Jatz, I think a lot of it stems from what happened to us last year (or the back end of last year). People are concerned that we are re-visiting that time. To be honest, I don't think our attitude has been right for 5 weeks.

Are you not concerned that our bundle may have been dropped so to speak?

Additionally, it may be whinging, but I personally do it because I want something better for and from this club we support. It's called venting.

One of the first things i noted about this site when i first found out about it was a comment which read something along the lines of :
\"we like to make informed opinions here\" Not certain but I believe it was attributable to Mata.
Another true comment was \"constructive criticism is helpful'

This was all done at a time of responding to MSE posters who suggested ST people were not true supporters or some such rubbish.

In response to this weeks loss its my opinion that there has been a complete overreaction with an outpouring of whinging bitching and moaning rather than constructive criticism.

\"Mass sackings\" \"coach given the sack\" \"the year is gone\" are all far from constructive criticisms. Just whinging. It doesnt do this site justice to what im sure were its foundation objectives.
well said mate

i would never doubt the loyalitys of the blokes on here (eg mata and ryan) however i do think they seem to be in their element when we struggle and they can point the finger of blame at everyone within the club.

I have not said the season is over etc. I have a realistic expectation that we can still make the 8.

However, we are carrying too many passengers.

A dropping or two would soon send a strong message to the other 3-4 shirkers in the side.

The reason this site thrives in troubled times is the problems on field are so ****en obviouse that someone has to say it.

Des won't.

Jatz, I think a lot of it stems from what happened to us last year (or the back end of last year). People are concerned that we are re-visiting that time. To be honest, I don't think our attitude has been right for 5 weeks.
Yes. I dont disagree with that

Thats my whole point. I think you guys are dropping your bundle more than the team is. There is concern with the team, yes. Should changes be forthcoming, yes. But whats goin on here & on MSE is a massive overreaction and makes me think im hanging out with people who are losing/lost the plot.

Additionally, it may be whinging, but I personally do it because I want something better for and from this club we support. It's called venting.
Well, I could accept that but what ive seen is a continual outpouring of, almost, panicked negativity. To be honest I would like to hang out with people of substance & not whingers who fall apart at he first sign of adversity. Thats just me tho.

[quote author=Jatz Crackers]
\"we like to make informed opinions here\" Not certain but I believe it was attributable to Mata.
Another true comment was \"constructive criticism is helpful'

\"Mass sackings\" \"coach given the sack\" \"the year is gone\" are all far from constructive criticisms. Just whinging. It doesnt do this site justice to what im sure were its foundation objectives.
well said mate

i would never doubt the loyalitys of the blokes on here (eg mata and ryan) however i do think they seem to be in their element when we struggle and they can point the finger of blame at everyone within the club.

[/quote]

I appreciate where your coming from Cliffy, but in my defence, I do come on and pour compliment out when the team ARE performing.

I have not said the season is over etc. I have a realistic expectation that we can still make the 8.

However, we are carrying too many passengers.

A dropping or two would soon send a strong message to the other 3-4 shirkers in the side.
Fully agree with that. And its constructive.

[quote author=Ryan]

Thats my whole point. I think you guys are dropping your bundle more than the team is. There is concern with the team, yes. Should changes be forthcoming, yes. But whats goin on here & on MSE is a massive overreaction and makes me think im hanging out with people who are losing/lost the plot.

Well, I could accept that but what ive seen is a continual outpouring of, almost, panicked negativity. To be honest I would like to hang out with people of substance & not whingers who fall apart at he first sign of adversity. Thats just me tho.

[/quote]

But that's just it mate. This isn't the FIRST sign of adversity. We faced it in 05. If we came back and showed an ounce of spine last year, I'd have more confidence this time round.

Look - if we can string together a few wins (I'm a little concerned about a wounded Rooster for starters) my attitude will change.

To this date - a Des Hasler lead (who is a coach adverse to changing the formula he comes up with) team hasn't done really well, and when we DID manage to limp into the finals last year, and were summarily thrashed, he publicly said we over achieved !!! Now Byso, who I believe to be one of the most positive, supportive people of this club couldn't believe that comment, and that says a lot to me.

According to the papers the Manly retention committee will meet tomorrow morning to \"discuss recruitment strategy for after the anti-tampering period\".

Surely that can't be right? 3 days after the deadline and we finally get together to work out what we're gonna do?

Haven't read today's papers but surely the meeting was held in response to the dumping of the June 30 deadline, which was only announced 10 days or so ago.

Mata, obviously the club has met to discuss signing tactics before now. However, the goal posts have now been moved and the club needs to adjust its' procedures as a consequence. While no one in their right mind would doubt that the rules have been bent in the past, this announcement will change the way the club's executives go about their business for this and future financial years. So, it's hardly surprising to me that a meeting has been called to assess how the club moves forward under the new rules (as well as the upgraded $4M salary cap).

[quote author=Jatz Crackers]
[quote author=Ryan]

[/quote]

But that's just it mate. This isn't the FIRST sign of adversity. We faced it in 05. If we came back and showed an ounce of spine last year, I'd have more confidence this time round.

Look - if we can string together a few wins (I'm a little concerned about a wounded Rooster for starters) my attitude will change.

To this date - a Des Hasler lead (who is a coach adverse to changing the formula he comes up with) team hasn't done really well, and when we DID manage to limp into the finals last year, and were summarily thrashed, he publicly said we over achieved !!! Now Byso, who I believe to be one of the most positive, supportive people of this club couldn't believe that comment, and that says a lot to me.

[/quote]
Yes, all fair statements Ryan. But there has been much success since the limping to the finals last year (post monasgate) to this last 3 weeks of loss, but we are not the rabbitohs & so i just dont see why people are so readily accepting of the dropping the bundle now. So because that causes me to be a cranky mutha just expect from me, more of what i gave that Bones nitwit on MSE, if people continue to exhibit "lost bundalitis" syndrome. I just wont stand for it. :cop:

Looks to me like Dessie has an issue with keeping the players motivated for a full season.

We know they can play well, just to consistently atm.

But I can't understand why posters are debating that Ryan and Mata are more active when Manly are losing. :bdh:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6