Return of the T Rex!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We are certainly not getting value for money from T-Rex this season. I'm not blaming him, just bad luck. What has he played, 3 games?
I know when the finals come around every team will be wary of us if we can get close to our best players on the field. T-Rex is, of course, one of them.

mmmdl said:
silvertail said:
I will be furious if we lose him.

There are no limits to the number of third party arrangements that any one club can have. Kepping him has nothing to do with the salary cap. We can keep him if our football club and his manager pull their finger out and find a third party deal.

Our football club needs to be at arms length and cannot use a current sponsor ... understand all that. But we can get an indicative figure from his manager and a third party sponsor could be sourced to match any rival offer.

If he is out for 6 weeks to sort out this mess and his injury then so be it. But don't tell me we have to give up so easily and just accept that we will lose him.

Do you realise the calibre of players we have re-signed recently? I would say any possible 3rd party deals have been used to make sure we kept those guys.

As far as his manager getting him deals - how would that help us keep him if other clubs are going to pay more than we can? He would just take those deals with him.

It was inevitable that we were going to lose someone. Right now, out of the players that haven't re-signed, he is the one I could handle losing.........I can see him missing a LOT of games through suspension because of his size and strength due to slightly mistimed tackles.

And Manly will do what they always do and bring someone else through to take his place, and continue to be the best club in all of league.

We could pay him 200K and with a 300K third party deal, he would probably stay.

silvertail said:
There are no limits to the number of third party arrangements that any one club can have. Kepping him has nothing to do with the salary cap. We can keep him if our football club and his manager pull their finger out and find a third party deal.

Pretty sure there is mate..

In 2006, the NRL also introduced an allowance for players who enter into Third Party Agreements with club sponsors. In 2011, the top 25 players are allowed to earn up to a maximum $300,000 from sponsorship leveraging but the total payments under these sponsorship leveraging agreements must not exceed $300,000 per club.

http://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/salarycap/tabid/10434/default.aspx

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7