Return to the Howard days

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just mho. So far so bad for the Lib's leading duo. I would probably be right in saying the one issue that killed their electoral hopes last time was Workchoices - and here they go again on the first day of a new start mentioning individual contracts and Wwwworksomethingorother that can't be mentioned. They will pick up the vote from the corner shop crowd but they never lost that. They won't pick up the distrusting worker heartland where they need the numbers. Secondly, despite the doubts put forward about the fairness and effectivity of an ETS most Australians want something done. Abbott has ruled out any form of ETS and you get the feeling for now the Libs will placate the Nationals and do nothing for as long as possible. And lastly to prove that he is middle of the road Abbott is calling for less abortions. Is that three stikes? One thing that is good for Oz is that there will be a tough opposition to deal with. The bad thing is that the new look is proving to be very close to the old one and back where few want to go to. <packs up soapbox>

Gronk is spot one when he suggests Abbot is a fearless advocate of many things where the Australian public is dead against him.  He may play well with the uber right but he will terrify swingers.

It really has been a week of long knives. How closely does Kristina Keneally look and feel to Tony Abbott? Planning Minister is a very tough gig but there hasn't been a good smell from that department for a long time.

Gee this is a throwback on the political radar. Must be a very slow night for me. Did I actually see that Nate would vote for Gillard before Abbott - oh yes I did! :)

The Mad Monk has managed to keep a steady ship but Fanta Pants (thanks Byso) is cleaning up all the the touchie areas before an August election.

the scary thing is that i was right in saying that Gillard would be contesting the next election  as head of the labour party.  :eek: :eek:

Dammit. I guess i better stick by my guns. Wait i will take the labour approach and backflip.

I always thought it would be difficult for the liberal party to return to the howard days as there arent many assets left to sell off.

Though they are doing the best to revive the glory days proposing selling off medibank private. Always looking out for the little guys.

This is truly going to be one of those elections where neither party deserve to win.

The Rudd government has lost the charisma they rode in on, and I wouldnt trust Abbott in charge of a Bingo poll....look to the independents i think

The ALP were so dumb as to realise Abbot is still political poison - and when it comes to casting a vote the westies would not give it to such a zealot.  They jumped at tabloid hysteria, not sane political analysis.

Matabele link said:
The ALP were so dumb as to realise Abbot is still political poison - and when it comes to casting a vote the westies would not give it to such a zealot.  They jumped at tabloid hysteria, not sane political analysis.

true, but IMO Gillard >>>> Rudd, so I cant complain

Choosing Gillard might well be an election winner, but long term I think that it will hurt the ALP. Rudd tried to walk the line in pleasing nearly everyone and came across as weak and controlling. Abbott still has a lot of work to do to convince that he is the real deal. The Greens are still looking good to get a swing - though the marginals are going to be very interesting in the election.

Gillards leadership credentials were summed up today when probably the most competant politician on either side when John Faulkner annouced that he is resigning as defence minister. 

Sums it up that even her own party can't stand her.

Yeah well when they got into government he said he would do three years in the ministry and then go to the back bench but lets not let that get in the way of a good yarn. 

He lied then because he said yesterday that he wanted to get out of parliament all together but that it was Gillard convinced him to stay on the back bench.

Anyway she is going well copying John howards pacific solution for the aslyum seekers. 

tookey link said:
He lied then because he said yesterday that he wanted to get out of parliament all together but that it was Gillard convinced him to stay on the back bench.

Anyway she is going well copying John howards pacific solution for the aslyum seekers. 

Haha because what he does when not in the ministry is likely to end our country as we know it. 

I do like the concept of Gillard being hated by her party when they just made an unprecedented move to punt a PM and put her in unopposed. 

Almost as good as Abbott's great big new tax on business so he can convince people he doesn't hate women by having a rolls royce maternity leave after opposing it for the whole time in govt. 

Gillard is only warming the seat for Combet or Shorten to take over.  he unions want their person in the top job after spending so much money getting labor in power.

And where do you think most of the overcharging on the BER is going?  To the unions as payback. 

tookey link said:
Gillard is only warming the seat for Combet or Shorten to take over.  he unions want their person in the top job after spending so much money getting labor in power.

And where do you think most of the overcharging on the BER is going?  To the unions as payback. 
That is such crap Tookey. It is a combination of companies ripping off the public and state governments being poor at the tendering process. Individual unions don't benefit from public infrastructure building and the idea of Combet or Shorten is ridiculous. As for Faulkner, I have a friend who works in his office and he was always going. This has nothing to do with Gillard. However don't let the truth spoil a good story.

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=182082.msg272504#msg272504 date=1278635406]

That is such crap Tookey. It is a combination of companies ripping off the public and state governments being poor at the tendering process. Individual unions don't benefit from public infrastructure building and the idea of Combet or Shorten is ridiculous. As for Faulkner, I have a friend who works in his office and he was always going. This has nothing to do with Gillard. However don't let the truth spoil a good story.
[/quote]

My info came from a roofer that i know who worked on several schools on the northern beaches.  He said that the builders were channelling funds to unions by way of payments for things such as ensuring that there were no strikes on projects. 

If there was ever a full judicial enquiry then payments like this might come out.  The scheme is so awash with money that is not being propely accounted for no-one could say with an y certainty that there are no secret payments being made to unions or in fact where all of the money is going to. 

$20 says that gillard won't be leader of the labor party in 3 years time.  Perhaps Combet or shorten or Swan but it won't be Gillard because she carries too much baggage from the Rudd era.

Gillard has a faction behind her, Rudd didn't and always had enemies as he disengaged his cabinet and tried to run the country solely from the Prime Minister's department.

Who is Gillard's faction?  The union moveent or the NSW labor mafia?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4