• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
Just throwing my opinion out there on how each player has performed over the course of the year so far. I am sure that many will disagree on some points but hey, that's what this place is for after all. Running through the team list:

1. T. Trbojevic - Tom is brilliant. He didn't have his best game but it seems to be because he was trying to do too much and win the game by himself. He is still very young and has heart in spades. He has been brilliant for us this year

2. J. Taufua - Taufua was his destructive self again on Saturday. If he can stay healthy he will continue to have a good year.

3. B. Kelly - Kelly has shown a lot of promise this year and I would suggest his struggles were similar to Toms. Trying to do too much and the lack of go forward hurt him. Still, shows huge promise and will only get better.

4. D. Walker - Walker was solid but went missing at times. This still happens to often. He is better now that he is in his natural position. When the forwards get moving and he has space he is very destructive.

5. A. Uate - Uate has been very good this year and should walk straight back into the starting team.

6. B. Green - He has been very rocks and diamonds thus far. When the forwards are going he seems to go well but struggles when on the back foot. His defensive effort was definitely lacking on Saturday. Needs to improve soon or I'd give Hastings the job.

7. D. Cherry-Evans - DCE has been much improved on last season. He is attacking a lot better and even when killed in attack has racked up bulk defensive work. He still needs to be more consistent to justify his salary but he has been playing much better footy.

8. B. Lawrence - BJ has been solid all year. BJ is always solid. He is consistent week in week out but isn't going to blow you off the park. He is doing his job which is all you can ask.

9. A. Koroisau - Api is not a good hooker. His service is suspect and he misses a lot of tackles. He also does not have the high work rate that top line hookers have.

10. M. Taupau - Kapow has been good this year. He is a big metre eater and seems to be adjusting well to the front row. I prefer him there as he just has to run hard and straight. Hopefully his rib injury isn't much and he can get back on the field.

11. F. Winterstein - Winterstein had an average game and made some poor defensive reads, including one that lead to a very soft try in the first half. He is not a bad player but also doesn't give us anything that other younger players would.

12. C. Sironen - Sironen is similar to Winterstein but has shown that he has that special x-factor that can break games open. If he can improve his consistency he is well worth a starting spot.

13. J. Trbojevic - Jake is the heart and sole of the team and has been getting better with every game. These two brother are unreal and we need to keep them long term. They are the future of the club.

14. L. Brown - Brown is not a good utility. He is average at best as a hooker, second row and centre. He is not worth a bench spot when there are other ways to fill gaps if they present themselves. A bench utility should have X-factor. He is a non-factor.

15. N. Myles - Myles has improved his effort compared to last year. He still is slow to the line and for some reason turns in the tackle and always ends on his back. Not going to get a lot of quick play the balls from him but he is solid and his defensive effort is there.

16. A. Fonua-Blake - AFB is an impact forward. He struggled at times this year when doing bigger minutes which slows his run speed at the time. If he is able to come on for short sharp bursts he is very destructive. Unlucky to be robbed of a try on Saturday.

17. D. Lussick - Lussick was average in his return. His energy was there but he was rusty. I felt like he was trying to do too much and lost control at times. He will be better for the hit out and should return to form.

18. J. Hastings - Hastings is knocking on the door for a starting position at either 9 or 6. He offers a lot more as a utility off the bench as he is a spark and that added X-factor that Brown doesn't have. I'd love to see him in the 6 or 9 moving forward.

19. C. Cullen - If you were to drop both Api and Green I'd suggest Cullen would make a good Half partner for DCE. With a spine of Tom, DCE, Cullen and Hastings we have a lot of spark and attacking power. Cullen seems to be to light weight to be a hooker for mine.

20. L. Perrett - Haven't seen enough of him to have a true indication of ability. Is a big body that provides good depth

21. S. Lane - Had one very powerful run early in the season. Due to injury has been a bit of a non-factor. Has potential and needs to take opportunity when it is presented.

22. B. Bainbridge - Still super young but in limited opportunity has shown potential. Will get his chance in 2018.

23. J. Kennedy - Is depth and nothing more.

24. M. Wright - Wright, I have to give credit for toughness. The bloke would have been gassed Saturday. Didn't light it up and was targeted. Hard to blame the bloke for his mistakes as he had to back up so soon after playing. Is simply outside back depth at this point.

Coach - Trent has improved the teams defensive effort. At times the team looks a little lost in attack but has shown sparks and improvement. His team selection has baffled me at times and his insistence on playing Brown in particular has been questioning his decision making. He has got the team playing for each other and at this point his job is safe. The performance next weekend against the Storm will be important. He needs to improve the teams performance at home.

Overall, most players are playing well, albeit inconsistent. Api needs to sort out his service from dummy otherwise the club needs to punt him. Brown needs to be better in almost all aspects. At this point Hastings offers much more as a utility. Tom needs to settle and play his role. The team is young and you could tell when they went down 16-0 early on Saturday. Panic set in and players started trying to play for the miracle play rather than grind back the game. I think we will win roughly 50% of our games this year and will be fighting to get into the 8 at the end of the year. Unfortunately we are 1-2 injuries in the backline away from disaster which is not a nice place to be.

Not sold on BJ/Myles and Brown. Hastings in the side will happen sooner or later. BJ too many mistakes for mine and just doesn't make metres. Myles on the bench .. okay, if his role is to tackle and that's about it. BJ should make way for Lane or Perret. Brown make way for Hastings... Someone said they would start BJ and Myles against the storm (assuming Kapow is out).. Wow. Talk about no go forward.

Allot of talk pre-season of Hastings going to hooker, but maybe we should look at putting Green there (could be a Mick Monaghan type influence) and have Hastings play 5/8, put Api to the bench for some impact and drop Brown to reggies.

It doesn't look to me that they were ever seriously looking to put him in as a hooker, just media needing something to talk about.

I love how Api has been one of our Top 3 players every game and has been one of the best hookers this year, makes plenty of tackles, high work rate, passing has improved out of sight yet he's still copping **** and Hastings who played reserve grade all last year and mainly this year and has done nothing is threatening 2 in form players one being a 2016 grand final 6. Lol.

I love how Api has been one of our Top 3 players every game and has been one of the best hookers this year, makes plenty of tackles, high work rate, passing has improved out of sight yet he's still copping **** and Hastings who played reserve grade all last year and mainly this year and has done nothing is threatening 2 in form players one being a 2016 grand final 6. Lol.

Sorry but I strongly disagree. Api has been horrible outside of very good effort. His service is a disaster and killed multiple efforts on Saturday. Even the commentary team made note of it multiple times. Api is no where near our top 3 players. Hastings played reserve grade last year due to attitude problems, not based on ability. When he has played for us this year we have been good. Green has been solid but his defensive effort on Saturday was awful. Being a grand finalist when playing for the Storm does not mean you are a good player.

I thought Lane was outstanding on the weekend, but needs to show evidence he can defend at NRL level
API been good as most 9's in the comp
Agree totally on Green - been reasonable and a better option than 2016 - thing is - Hastings is a long term option and ready Today imo....not to punt Green for being poor, more the opportunity to give a youthful option with obvious talent a chance to show he is that long term 5/8 we need...I also love Hastings competitive nature and think he will add intensity and energy which is in close games...the difference in winning and losing.

One thing about the Storm is Belly Ache has everyone " just doing their job ". Oh sure doesn't work all the time and they can be beaten but their success for well over a decade now is about having those big 3 players doing the work and everyone else just fitting in, Cheyse Blair is the perfect example.

We don't really have a big 3 yet, we have a big 1, and a big 2 in the wings.

I think when our 1/6/7/9 become more settled and used to each other we will get more wins!!

Green has been great bar rd 1 and rd 6. His combination with DCE has developed as has the whole spine thanks to his contribution. Defensively he's usually really solid unless he has an off game, better defensive 5/8 than Mitchell Moses, Milford, Keary, Widdop, Eldgy, Te Maire Matin and more. Kicking game has been poor, however he is great at short grubbers near the line to build pressure. Compare DCE's performances last year with no quality 5/8 beside him to now with Blake Green, a quality 5/8 beside him.

Also guys, Lurker reporting that the chooks also want both Tedesco and Woods. If they really are a combo and sign with the chooks I reckon we try snag either Napa or JWH, who would both want to be starting props.

Just imagine the big hits we'd see...
8. JWH/Napa
10. Martin Taupau
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Addin Fonua-Blake

@Turbo1 mate, we all know you love Api as a player. That much is obvious because you defend him to the hilt in here, not that there is anything wrong with that.

But the reality is he still can't pass from dummy half and that stuffs up our attack from the start. Even when we won 3 in a row, it wasn't great. Improved yes, but still not a standard that a first choice hooker should be at. And on Saturday it was back to its usual woeful self.

I have absolutely no problem with his heart or enthusiasm. His work rate in defense is high, though it would be better if he didn't average 3 or 4 missed tackles a game. But I still have big question marks over his ability as a dummy half.

Just throwing my opinion out there on how each player has performed over the course of the year so far. I am sure that many will disagree on some points but hey, that's what this place is for after all. Running through the team list:

1. T. Trbojevic - Tom is brilliant. He didn't have his best game but it seems to be because he was trying to do too much and win the game by himself. He is still very young and has heart in spades. He has been brilliant for us this year

2. J. Taufua - Taufua was his destructive self again on Saturday. If he can stay healthy he will continue to have a good year.

3. B. Kelly - Kelly has shown a lot of promise this year and I would suggest his struggles were similar to Toms. Trying to do too much and the lack of go forward hurt him. Still, shows huge promise and will only get better.

4. D. Walker - Walker was solid but went missing at times. This still happens to often. He is better now that he is in his natural position. When the forwards get moving and he has space he is very destructive.

5. A. Uate - Uate has been very good this year and should walk straight back into the starting team.

6. B. Green - He has been very rocks and diamonds thus far. When the forwards are going he seems to go well but struggles when on the back foot. His defensive effort was definitely lacking on Saturday. Needs to improve soon or I'd give Hastings the job.

7. D. Cherry-Evans - DCE has been much improved on last season. He is attacking a lot better and even when killed in attack has racked up bulk defensive work. He still needs to be more consistent to justify his salary but he has been playing much better footy.

8. B. Lawrence - BJ has been solid all year. BJ is always solid. He is consistent week in week out but isn't going to blow you off the park. He is doing his job which is all you can ask.

9. A. Koroisau - Api is not a good hooker. His service is suspect and he misses a lot of tackles. He also does not have the high work rate that top line hookers have.

10. M. Taupau - Kapow has been good this year. He is a big metre eater and seems to be adjusting well to the front row. I prefer him there as he just has to run hard and straight. Hopefully his rib injury isn't much and he can get back on the field.

11. F. Winterstein - Winterstein had an average game and made some poor defensive reads, including one that lead to a very soft try in the first half. He is not a bad player but also doesn't give us anything that other younger players would.

12. C. Sironen - Sironen is similar to Winterstein but has shown that he has that special x-factor that can break games open. If he can improve his consistency he is well worth a starting spot.

13. J. Trbojevic - Jake is the heart and sole of the team and has been getting better with every game. These two brother are unreal and we need to keep them long term. They are the future of the club.

14. L. Brown - Brown is not a good utility. He is average at best as a hooker, second row and centre. He is not worth a bench spot when there are other ways to fill gaps if they present themselves. A bench utility should have X-factor. He is a non-factor.

15. N. Myles - Myles has improved his effort compared to last year. He still is slow to the line and for some reason turns in the tackle and always ends on his back. Not going to get a lot of quick play the balls from him but he is solid and his defensive effort is there.

16. A. Fonua-Blake - AFB is an impact forward. He struggled at times this year when doing bigger minutes which slows his run speed at the time. If he is able to come on for short sharp bursts he is very destructive. Unlucky to be robbed of a try on Saturday.

17. D. Lussick - Lussick was average in his return. His energy was there but he was rusty. I felt like he was trying to do too much and lost control at times. He will be better for the hit out and should return to form.

18. J. Hastings - Hastings is knocking on the door for a starting position at either 9 or 6. He offers a lot more as a utility off the bench as he is a spark and that added X-factor that Brown doesn't have. I'd love to see him in the 6 or 9 moving forward.

19. C. Cullen - If you were to drop both Api and Green I'd suggest Cullen would make a good Half partner for DCE. With a spine of Tom, DCE, Cullen and Hastings we have a lot of spark and attacking power. Cullen seems to be to light weight to be a hooker for mine.

20. L. Perrett - Haven't seen enough of him to have a true indication of ability. Is a big body that provides good depth

21. S. Lane - Had one very powerful run early in the season. Due to injury has been a bit of a non-factor. Has potential and needs to take opportunity when it is presented.

22. B. Bainbridge - Still super young but in limited opportunity has shown potential. Will get his chance in 2018.

23. J. Kennedy - Is depth and nothing more.

24. M. Wright - Wright, I have to give credit for toughness. The bloke would have been gassed Saturday. Didn't light it up and was targeted. Hard to blame the bloke for his mistakes as he had to back up so soon after playing. Is simply outside back depth at this point.

Coach - Trent has improved the teams defensive effort. At times the team looks a little lost in attack but has shown sparks and improvement. His team selection has baffled me at times and his insistence on playing Brown in particular has been questioning his decision making. He has got the team playing for each other and at this point his job is safe. The performance next weekend against the Storm will be important. He needs to improve the teams performance at home.

Overall, most players are playing well, albeit inconsistent. Api needs to sort out his service from dummy otherwise the club needs to punt him. Brown needs to be better in almost all aspects. At this point Hastings offers much more as a utility. Tom needs to settle and play his role. The team is young and you could tell when they went down 16-0 early on Saturday. Panic set in and players started trying to play for the miracle play rather than grind back the game. I think we will win roughly 50% of our games this year and will be fighting to get into the 8 at the end of the year. Unfortunately we are 1-2 injuries in the backline away from disaster which is not a nice place to be.
Spot on review. Greens missing Proctor to do the cleaning up in defence. You would be hoping Sirro or Winterstein could fill that role, but they are struggling with their own defence.

Consistency of performance seems an issue for most of the squad at the moment. Saturday was soft, just like the Bunnies game. How we put 3 great games together and bookend them with two crap ones is frustrating.

Lacking a bit of experience and leadership in key positions I feel.

Spot on review. Greens missing Proctor to do the cleaning up in defence. You would be hoping Sirro or Winterstein could fill that role, but they are struggling with their own defence.

That is actually a pretty good point. We need that workhorse second rower on his shoulder to protect him. Someone that plays 80mins and racks up 40+ tackles a game. Not sure who you could get on the market for that. Sirro seems to be more of an attacking player so Winterstein would be the obvious choice. Hopefully he can grow into the roll.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10