• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Again one point at a time

Xenophobia in buying cars isn't a bad thing,it keeps our money on our shores for the most part,i have no interest in giving money to people who LIVE in another country,like i said kids could be putting Camrys together in a sweatshop somewhere in Indonesia,yes proceeds of manufacturing in Australia has a portion of those go to the parent company in the US,nonetheless they keep a roof over the head of many Australian families

Of course they are not charities i'm not saying they are,they are however employers who pay the workers for their time and efforts,something which may or may not happen in Indonesia,i don't want kids working anywhere they should be in school

Holden Commodore vs Taurus/Mondeo? Yeah because one has big engine and refinement to euro levels and the other 2 have piss weak front wheel drive technology and engines that aren't up to scratch and if they were couldn't get the power on the road due to front wheel driving,tow a caravan in the rain up the f3 in a camry and tell me front wheelers are a decent choice in automobile,hell i dare you to just get up the dipper in one from a standing start before the hill

The Australian conditions i speak include terrible roads,like the roads in rural NSW,some roads aren't even sealed for about 50km depending on your choice of interstate road,one certain road from beaudesert to NSW is such a road

Also Dan,i can tell you have zero respect for what you put your family in,i can tell you'd buy whatever looks ok and drives and be damned with safety features that aren't airbags or ANCAP rated,yes ANCAP ratings are an intellegent thing to look up but they aren't the be all and end all of vehicular safety,avoidance systems are an important factor in my deciding on a vehicle

Safety features of my car other than crumple zones and airbags include sports suspension,sports tyres,V8 engine and bigger brakes,the suspension makes my car easier to drive,the tyres mated with that suspension keep me glued to the road,my V8 can scythe away from trouble in an instant and my big brakes mated with sports tyres and suspension make me stop in a smaller distance,ANCAP rating is only about one kind of safety,my car has something ANCAP doesn't rate,which is evasiveness,i'm safer out of an accident than in any accident no matter how low the speed or ANCAP safety rating

To get these ANCAP ratings and avoidance systems post Falcodore outside of BMW/MERC/AUDI/VW/Chrysler/Subaru i cannot see another worthy family vehicle that i can buy in good conscious knowing that my family will be as safe as possible

What year is your XT?

Wow what a dickhead!

To insinuate I dont care for mt family is laughable. Your complete blind love of cars is the most pathetic thing I have heard.

I wont even humour you with acresponse however I would suggest acspeedy retraction of your statement.

You have now over stepoed tge line. Go find a ford forum to go swap dick sizes over a vehicle. Bathurst is boring, being fanatical about cars is a keu indicator of being a bogan.

So retract your very poor ststement or leave the site

Dan, post #11 in this thread has sage advice.

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Trolls--32556?pid=495168#pid495168

P.S. Your spelling gets even worse when you're angry!

A small add on. The famous Aussie jingle; meat pies kangaroos and Holden cars was stolen from an American car company and is not an Aussie song at all.

That's right manlyfan76...

Holden cars – football, meat pies, kangaroos and Holden cars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGW-WX77zjY

Made up by Holden for being australian?

LOL, no.

check out the original GM commercial "Baseball Hotdogs Apple Pie & Chevrolet" ... they just changed the words.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYXfdnhh2Mo

Anyone who thinks GMH is Australian has been... well, I won't say 'fooled', but ... This is American culture, and American company. Ditto Falcon. (ps I have a 2006 XT but that is irrelevant to this discussion, lol)

I don't see any problem with what Cherry Poppins has to say.

Horses for courses, we are all different. He has a passion for cars, good on him. I don't, no big deal.

For all I know he could be a 4th generation Petrol Head.

I have said for 20 years if I could no longer buy a Holden I would happily convert to Ford. I just couldn't go for a, often inferior, foreign car just because it was 3 or 4K cheaper. Looks like my hand may be forced

Dan said:
By the way I hate cars and do not understand motor sport as an attraction

Lord knows I have tried. Same as fishing. I just don't get it. Especially the fishing...bored to death, unless you happen to **** up some poor fishes day accompanied by the obligatory bam-bam flintstones mentality victory photo...........ahhh...I finally said....feels better.:)

:) I don't mind fishing from the perspective of sport, It's more of time to clear my mind, i.e I will walk up and estuary or channel flicking a soft plastic but release anything I catch, I really don't like killing any of the fish.

I go out with mates and they throw out 4 lines each and kill everything they catch, it just feels like raping the oceans to me and enough of that goes on if you ask me.

Motorsport though, I just don't get it, it's not sport, it's transport, and when you make that transport do circles, its just a waste of fossil fuels that are already in decline, what's the point?

sigh...

EIHZWwg.gif

Love Motorsport, but was brought up with it with my cousin building and racing cars

Plenty of skill in a lot of it if you know what you are looking for, and the tactical side of it important too

I've come into this late.

I totally agree with you Cherry. It's a disgrace what has happened.
I've driven nothing but Falcons ever since my second car (my first was a ZX).

People have no sense of place. No pride in their history. It's very much like the Tigers fans who support the merge as the now and see the Magpie & Balmain as something for somebody else in some other time.

It's a damn shame to me that the latest model car I will ever be able to own in my life will be a 2016 model. That will quite old by the time I'm 60.

Little 4 banger shopping trolleys just aren't the way of this country and shouldn't be the way of any. Cars are like sport or like music or like food. They are part of what makes you who you are. Yet another aspect of life has lost it's soul. How bland.

Up here there are lots of people who have Ned Kelly stickers, statues and there is even the ned kelly hotel. What is the link between the two? There is a maryborough in Victoria.

Up here more of us normal forward thinking people, when confronted with one of these ned kelly types take the following advice

Grab your loved ones, and back away slowly

as such.....Leanne....Matilda......Brett Stewart......lets just back away slowly

Dan said:
Up here there are lots of people who have Ned Kelly stickers, statues and there is even the ned kelly hotel. What is the link between the two? There is a maryborough in Victoria.

Up here more of us normal forward thinking people, when confronted with one of these ned kelly types take the following advice

as such.....Leanne....Matilda......Brett Stewart......lets just back away slowly

So you're saying that simply becasue someone has emotional investment in cars that they are a redneck?

You are aware that that is the perception of outsiders on all who have emotional investment in a football club? We know that to be wrong, don't we?

Duff said:
Dan said:

So you're saying that simply becasue someone has emotional investment in cars that they are a redneck?

You are aware that that is the perception of outsiders on all who have emotional investment in a football club? We know that to be wrong, don't we?

Put it this way Duff, do you own any Ned Kelly memoribilia, stickers etc?

Dan said:
Duff said:
Dan said:

Put it this way Duff, do you own any Ned Kelly memoribilia, stickers etc?

Haha, not at all.

You know me. I'm the complete opposite of a bush-bashing, huntin' & killin' yobbo.

I'm as into art and music as I am into footy & Fords.
My politics lean to the green side. I love documentaries and hate action movies. I read encyclopedias rather than novels.
I don't see any of it as a contradiction.

Why can't you accept car culture as being as valid as any other, and V8 Aussie muscle as the pinnacle?
This is a sad time in our history.

Anything that takes vibrance out of the life those interested to replace it with a blandness that is acceptable to the masses is something to mourn.

There used to be this great bit of graffiti written on a wall in King Street Newtown back in the early 90's

"You are not your car"

It's always stuck in my mind.

Manufacturing and labour intensive jobs die replaced with research development and servicing of such goods just a natural progression.

Japan went through the exact same issues from manufacturing cars, electronics etc along with America and Europe.

Love my "Japanese built" current generation Honda Accord Euro and the quality is amazing for the price point. Never understood the fascination with V6's and V8's along with fat arse SUV's(middle to upper class tosser cars)

The company i work for in the last 10yrs does not even purchase Holdens and Fords for fleet cars previously Toyota now the Mazda 6 which tells you something. (Hopefully the Mazda 6 is half as good as my Euro)

All in all the Japanese still design the most reliable cars on the market just hardly ever manufacture them anymore.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6