Ron Massey Cup & Sydney Shield

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stiffi

Reserve Grader
Does anyone know where I can find out about the Ron Massey Cup & Sydney Shield this season. There doesn't appear to be anything on the NSWRL website anymore

Does anyone know where I can find out about the Ron Massey Cup & Sydney Shield this season. There doesn't appear to be anything on the NSWRL website anymore
Both are expected to start April 7/8.
Due to uncertainty of team numbers there is no draw available.
I get my info on these comps from a great monthly mag called rugby league review.
It has write ups on every comp around the world and you'd be amazed where it's played.

Both are expected to start April 7/8.
Due to uncertainty of team numbers there is no draw available.
I get my info on these comps from a great monthly mag called rugby league review.
It has write ups on every comp around the world and you'd be amazed where it's played.
Yep,doesn't start for a few weeks yet.The challenge cup is being played at the moment and Blacktown beat Guilford yesterday 26-18.I think team list was...
1. Jake Pickering
2. Vili Kaveinga
3. John Folau? (not sure..)
4. Leva Li
5. John Tuitahi? (not sure)
6. Veru Mapesone
7. Kamryn Cryer
8. Jacob Loko
9. Joey Tramontona
10.Tekina Vailea
11.Josh Martin
12.Rhys Sciglitano
13.Elia Faatui
14.Dom Murphy
15.Sukamanu Raki
16.Denzal Tonise

Not sure of all players sorry...Not sure if the prop Kalausa Leha(not sure if he is injured or not still there) or wing/centre Jesse Jackson played.

does anyone know our current team lists ... bloody hard to find on the interweb

NSWRL site is where I've found them in the past.
In a roundabout way.
It throws up a lot of old posts but you can find them eventually.
@eagle66 may be able to assist.
He seems to be across it.
I get most of my info from his posts.

Massey Cup, running a clear 8th spot on 16 points. 6 pts clear of 9th spot. This week playing Guildford who are 7th on 18 pts.
Sydney Shield, on 9th spot (due to for/against) with 12 pts. Playing Guildford who are 7th on 15 pts. The battle for the remainder of the season is between us and Belrose who we are equal with at the moment. Interesting last 4 rounds for Blacktown and Belrose. We both play Brothers who have won only 1 game this year and that was against us and we both play Guildford. If we both beat Guildford this week and next we could be in the hunt for 7th or 8th. For Belrose and us, the other 2 matches are against teams higher on the ladder.
Looks like this is the interest for us after the NRL team avoid the wooden spoon.

Having a look at the Flegg games. Manly need to win the remainder of their games and I reckon they will sneak into 8th spot. Just like last year. A couple of tough games ahead but who knows.

Massey Cup lost 12-37. Have to win next week against last placed Penrith Brothers to secure a semi spot. The following two weeks, play 1st and then 2 nd place on the ladder.
Sydney Shield lost 35-48. 34 all, kicked a field goal with 4 minutes to go and Guildford scored a try with two minutes remaining. Equal 8th and looks like we could miss out on for/against unless we utterly trounce Penrith Brothers next week. Of course if we the other games against much stronger opposition we will sneak in above Belrose.
Flegg, trounced 14-48. Have to win last 3 games and the Dragons have to lose last 3 games to make the semis.

Sydney Shield Blacktown 31 Penrith 0. This win sees Blacktown in 8th spot, 2pts clear of Belrose. 2 rounds to go. Blacktown have to Play Wenty followed by Moorebank, 2 tough games where, Belrose have Penrith followed by Wenty. Could end up being decided on for and against and Blacktown are up 40 pts. Belrose could make that up next week.

Massey Cup are safely in at 8th and if a lot of results go their way could climb to 7th.

Massey Cup lost today, 20-36 against Mounties. Down 20-0 after 25 minutes.
Finished 8th and will play against 5th placed Guildford next week.

Sydney Shield won today against more fancied opponents, Moorebank Rams 24-14.
Fortunately, Belrose lost in 23-22 yesterday which left the door open for Blacktown to win and gain 8th spot for the semis next week.

Both games at St Marys on Saturday 1st September.
Massey Cup v Guildford. Previously, Rd 6 lost 12-26 and Rd 17 lost 12-37
Sydney Shield v Asquith. Previously, Rd 10 lost 24-36.
Last weeks Massey Cup looks like they gave a few of the bench players more game time by starting.

Sydney Shield won today against more fancied opponents, Moorebank Rams 24-14.
Fortunately, Belrose lost in 23-22 yesterday which left the door open for Blacktown to win and gain 8th spot for the semis next week.
We should be supporting belrose over blacktown every day of the week.

The junior club of the mighty Shoe1, tooves and Jason king.

Ps those lower grade blacktown teams are not manly reserve grade. So stop supporting them over belrose ok?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8