Roosters emerge as shock contenders for Joseph Suaalii

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In a big way totally agree with Bozo - a fan of the theory from a Manly perspective we need to improve, more so than being concerned by other teams success.
That part I agree with, but how the NRL or any fans can't see Roosters are clearly allowed to rip off and abuse a so called salary cap is ridiculous....in Tooves words -
" There needs to be an investigation"

Not bitter Bozo.
Just can't stand them.
We should have won '13 but we were stitched up against those rorters.
I reserve my respect for when it's deserved not purchased at an unfair advantage.
I understand how you feel but the fact is Since 2013 the Roosters have risen and maintained their success whilst our club has fallen from our high standards
Humility and accountability always rise to the top and this is why we should respect our competitors .

In a big way totally agree with Bozo - a fan of the theory from a Manly perspective we need to improve, more so than being concerned by other teams success.
That part I agree with, but how the NRL or any fans can't see Roosters are clearly allowed to rip off and abuse a so called salary cap is ridiculous....in Tooves words -
" There needs to be an investigation"
There has been an investigation . There is not reason or motive why the NRL would favour the roosters . We have all conspiracy theories and no facts .
Any one with facts on here come on down :)

I understand how you feel but the fact is Since 2013 the Roosters have risen and maintained their success whilst our club has fallen from our high standards
Humility and accountability always rise to the top and this is why we should respect our competitors .
No.
Lol.
Unlimited TPAs don't get my respect.
I respect that you think differently though BOZO.
I agree with you that Manly needs to take some actions to get back to winning ways.
No more roosters talk for me though.

No.
Lol.
Unlimited TPAs don't get my respect.
I respect that you think differently though BOZO.
I agree with you that Manly needs to take some actions to get back to winning ways.
No more roosters talk for me though.
Ok no more roosters talk
Let change the subject to something more meaningful shall we ...
What are you doing next weekend. Are you free ??? :)

I think the club that we all should admire -- at least for this season -- is The 'Riff. They have largely stuck with a policy of promoting from within and it's reaping rewards. Agreed, they have a massive junior league but they also have recruited from country regions.
Most of their squad were unheralded before the season started; now they will have the largest representation in the NSW SOO side.
Unlike Doesn'tmatta, who have a huge talent pool from which to chose, they generally don't buy established players. I think it's a huge indictment on Doesn'tmatta that there are no local products in their top side.

The Chooks could trot out the Kangaroos as their first grade side and the Kiwis as their NSW Cup side ... and they and their fans would still try to say they were under the salary cap.

They could have 10 players with contracts totaling $10m per season and they and their fans would still try to claim the other 21 squad members all fit under the $9.6m salary cap.

And the response would be typical NRL. "Move along, nothing to see here".

But another club is only alleged to not be at arms length with some TPA's and despite almost 12 months worth of investigations where there was nothing more than circumstantial evidence found, gets hit with two years worth of salary cap penalties.

Last edited:
I think the club that we all should admire -- at least for this season -- is The 'Riff. They have largely stuck with a policy of promoting from within and it's reaping rewards. Agreed, they have a massive junior league but they also have recruited from country regions.
Most of their squad were unheralded before the season started; now they will have the largest representation in the NSW SOO side.
Unlike Doesn'tmatta, who have a huge talent pool from which to chose, they generally don't buy established players. I think it's a huge indictment on Doesn'tmatta that there are no local products in their top side.

Phil Gould's 5 year plan is actually starting to pay off for them.

The plan never was about winning a premiership within 5 years. Unfortunately as soon as the plan was made public, that's what all fans who heard it (not just Penrith fans) automatically believed it meant and the fact that Penrith didn't win a premiership in that time was seen as a sign that the plan failed. But in reality, the plan was about working behind the scenes, about strengthening both Penrith's financial position and strengthening their junior pathways that would ensure the club remained a power in years to come.

And right now we're starting to see the fruits of those plans. I'm only guessing but of all the current top 8 teams, and even the top 4 ... Penrith probably have more players in their team who've come through their juniors than any of the other clubs in this years Finals.

Last edited:
There has been an investigation . There is not reason or motive why the NRL would favour the roosters . We have all conspiracy theories and no facts .
Any one with facts on here come on down :)
That would be a close friend of uncle Nick - a very, very poor golfer....but he aint coming down, nor his good mate Ian Shubert who was chief auditor of both the NRL and the Roosters....Could go Much further but will leave it there

That and being smart enough to employ Trent Barrett as asst Coach ...

PSS ... Sorry, couldn't help myself ...

If Souff's who, wanted this kid really really bad and threw a fortune at him ... have now balked at the string of demands his manager is making .... I can't see Roosters, 1) matching the money and 2) Robinson entertaining any Prima Donna demands at a club that seems to have the playing culture down pat with players taking unders to be at a successful club ....

If Souff's who, wanted this kid really really bad and threw a fortune at him ... have now balked at the string of demands his manager is making .... I can't see Roosters, 1) matching the money and 2) Robinson entertaining any Prima Donna demands at a club that seems to have the playing culture down pat with players taking unders to be at a successful club ....

If the media reports are correct, the "Sticking" point seems to be he wants a get out clause in his contract. Not sure why... in case rugby wants to throw even more money at him, or a world cup or ... answers on a post card.

Managers bull**** , and not much more

If the media reports are correct, the "Sticking" point seems to be he wants a get out clause in his contract. Not sure why... in case rugby wants to throw even more money at him, or a world cup or ... answers on a post card.

I think 7's at the Olympics and fighting Gallon was also mentioned ... plus there is his dream of playing Ice Hockey for Canada eating away at his soul ....

All people need to do to obtain proof of the cheating is type in the name of each Roosters player and find the original articles on their signing. Do the same on the upgrades etc... And it becomes abundantly clear that they are over the cap.

Also the NRL posted the TPA's at each club a while back and the Rorters were nowhere near the Storm. The whole players taking unders to go there is a massive red herring also-unless the NRL were lying about market value being enforced to stop clubs signing players unfairly.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8