Roosters Request Salary Cap Relief

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Kevinward777

First Grader
This is beyond unbelievable. The NRL has already bent the rules for these cheating pr1cks with the SBW signing last season, and the Suuali exemption this season. Not to mention the Boyd Cordner situation-but this latest request trumps them all.

The Roosters currently have two able bodied halves in their squad, (one of them Sam bloody Walker.) Lam will be back in 6-8 weeks, and Radley has played their before as well. Now, they want cap relief because Luke Keary got injured during a club game.

Fox are reporting that the poor Roosters had based their entire season on Keary being a dominant half. Politis has said they don't have much wiggle room in their salary cap and they would like to sign an experienced half. The names being thrown around are Maloney, Austin, Widdop, and Hastings. Danny Weidler reported that even though they don't have cap space, they might still be able to pull it off. Says it all really. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?

Meanwhile, we have no backrowers, a centre playing fullback, and two halves sharing the nine duties. If the NRL do this I'm going to be switching off.

Last edited:
We don’t seem to be proactive enough though @Kevinward777, we should have pushed for Saddler to be available for selection when we had backrowers go down.. Look at the 21 this week outside the seventeen 3 backs named.

Could have pushed for another player with Manase stood down.

The old adage you don’t ask you never know.

This is beyond unbelievable. The NRL has already bent the rules for these cheating pr1cks with the SBW signing last season, and the Suuali exemption this season. Not to mention the Boyd Cordner situation-but this latest request trumps them all.

The Roosters currently have two able bodied halves in their squad, (one of them Sam bloody Walker.) Lam will be back in 6-8 weeks, and Radley has played their before as well. Now, they want cap relief because Luke Keary got injured during a club game.

Fox are reporting that the poor Roosters had based their entire season on Keary being a dominant half. Politis has said they don't have much wiggle room in their salary cap and they would like to sign an experienced half. The names being thrown around are Maloney, Austin, Widdop, and Hastings. Danny Weidler reported that even though they don't have cap space, they might still be able to pull it off. Says it all really. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?

Meanwhile, we have no backrowers, a centre playing fullback, and two halves sharing the nine duties. If the NRL do this I'm going to be switching off.
I,ll say it again and again. Its like everytime the roosters get into trouble, and lose players, its makes major headlines and ,We have to make sure the rorters arent handicapped and disadvantaged in any way and any other team that gets into strife it doesnt matter. We have to keep the rorters strong and all coasts. WHAT ABOUT US, oh thats right, we dont matter

They can do it simply because they have spots available in their top 30 ... and if they wait until the new August signing deadline they can sign a new half back then for only a couple of months in this years cap ... so they could sign a $350k Maloney for about $100k ...

Talk of salary cap relief is just horse shiite ...

This story underlines how rich Easts are: "The Sydney Roosters thought so highly of Adam Pompey they flew the-then 16-year-old schoolboy from Auckland each weekend to play and later accommodated him in a house with the likes of Joey Manu and Sitili Tupouniua."
Yep. They paid for this schoolboy's weekly flights and accommodation just to play SG Ball!
Wow.
Is there no salary cap on junior football?
With largess like this it's no wonder Easts lock-up such young talent.

I,ll say it again and again. Its like everytime the roosters get into trouble, and lose players, its makes major headlines and ,We have to make sure the rorters arent handicapped and disadvantaged in any way and any other team that gets into strife it doesnt matter. We have to keep the rorters strong and all coasts. WHAT ABOUT US, oh thats right, we dont matter
To be fair it’s happened to us since like 2015 and over those years we’ve been less far successful than chooks so it kind of just goes as accepted fact

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10