Roosters v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles @Allianz Stadium Sunday game day chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great win considering they often get us at the SFS and they were pushing hard at 14-24. Like everyone else I've been waiting for a big win for a while.
With the bye next week, if the rep players can get thru Origin, then it will be all systems go for the run to the finals.

Is this a co-incidence?

I had to send the wife out to walk the dog in the rain after she got home from work this afternoon.

When she first got home, we were leading 24 nil and within a minute of her walking in the door the Chooks scored and ended up scoring their 14 unanswered points and they looked like making a come back.

After their first try I jokingly said to her that she must be Manly's bad luck and then when they scored again, I again emphasised that she must be their bad luck. I then jokingly asked her if she can go back out until the game was over. She agreed and suggested taking the dog for a walk so I jokingly hurried her out the door.

The funny thing was that within 1 to 2 minutes of her leaving the house to take the dog for it's walk, Manly scored and kept scoring for the rest of the game with the Chooks failing to score another point. :D

Daddycool said:
I follow these games with the app on my phone and going by the stats.... It's saying the possession is in the roosters favor but they're down 8 try's to 3. The penalties are also in their favor. So by the sounds of that it's a good performance.
WHat app buddy

Jethro said:
Is this a co-incidence?

I had to send the wife out to walk the dog in the rain after she got home from work this afternoon.

When she first got home, we were leading 24 nil and within a minute of her walking in the door the Chooks scored and ended up scoring their 14 unanswered points and they looked like making a come back.

After their first try I jokingly said to her that she must be Manly's bad luck and then when they scored again, I again emphasised that she must be their bad luck. I then jokingly asked her if she can go back out until the game was over. She agreed and suggested taking the dog for a walk so I jokingly hurried her out the door.

The funny thing was that within 1 to 2 minutes of her leaving the house to take the dog for it's walk, Manly scored and kept scoring for the rest of the game with the Chooks failing to score another point. :D

I could understand it if we were playing the Dogs. But the Chooks?

Jethro said:
Is this a co-incidence?

Mate - I'm sure we will all chip in for the divorce proceedings :p

My good lady had the same impact in the 90's and early naughties - it was only after I banned her from watching a game or speaking about Manly that we turned things around - our marriage has been happy since..

Jethro said:
Is this a co-incidence?

Cool story.

Manly B2B

Cameron said:
Daddycool said:
I follow these games with the app on my phone and going by the stats.... It's saying the possession is in the roosters favor but they're down 8 try's to 3. The penalties are also in their favor. So by the sounds of that it's a good performance.
WHat app buddy

It's called "NRL Rugby League live" by Sportsmate mobile from the app store in iTunes.

herballlistic said:
excellent game.....and greAt to have trex and matai back!!

Brookie said:
Dan79 said:
Jamie Lyon 24 points for the match not a bad effort.

put's him 2nd on the top point scorer list!

ive got him on top...1 ahead of james maloney?

croker from faiders is on top with 114 points, Jamie on 110.
if Jamie was selfish, he'd have another 5 tries against his name!

Brookie said:
herballlistic said:
excellent game.....and greAt to have trex and matai back!!

Brookie said:
Dan79 said:
Jamie Lyon 24 points for the match not a bad effort.

put's him 2nd on the top point scorer list!

ive got him on top...1 ahead of james maloney?

croker from faiders is on top with 114 points, Jamie on 110.
if Jamie was selfish, he'd have another 5 tries against his name!

TOP 20 POINT SCORERS

J. Croker

J. Lyon

J. Maloney

A. Reynolds

B. Marshall

C. Smith

J. Thurston

B. Anasta

T. Carney

S. Prince

J. Soward

C. Parker

L. Burt

A. Graham

M. Bowen

S. Turner

K. Inu

L. Walsh

J. Morris

P. Wallace

C. Sandow

TOP 20 TACKLES

M. Ballin

E. Taylor

K. Kingston

C. Houston

J. Friend

M. Srama

A. McCullough

D. Johnson

N. Hindmarsh

M. Keating

C. Smith

M. Ennis

L. Fulton

A. Woods

S. Mannering

J. McGuire

J. Graham

A. Watmough

N. Myles

G. Cooper

D. Halatau

Huge stat there for Ballin in defence. Shows he has been a rock for us all year. Croker is the surprise - leading point scorer and with 10 tries in a team that gets spanked is very impressive.

I've woken up on a new week and can't say how happy I am that we have finally put on a decent (if not huge) margin. Well done boys.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2