Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 1 2022, cross-forum chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is becoming too civil here. Everyone is being too nice. Bring back the hate.. Eff the Broncos, Eff the eagles. It is hard to dislike the warriors though.. We should all meet up and bash the crap out of every other teams fans in magic round though..

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
6374.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]rifraff - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 3, 2013

Everyone is becoming too civil here. Everyone is being too nice. Bring back the hate.. Eff the Broncos, Eff the eagles. It is hard to dislike the warriors though.. We should all meet up and bash the crap out of every other teams fans in magic round though..

Eh there’s way too much hate in the world right now, it’s nice to have civil discussions with other fans to be honest.

8770.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Wolfie - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 14, 2015

Storm apparently looking at Tariq Sims to bolster their forwards.

8770.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Wolfie - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 14, 2015

They will get him subsidised as well.

Subsidised? HE's a current State of Origin forward! Jetski was selected ahead of him for round 1 but surely he is a key part of Saints forward plans this year. Even if they wanted to ease him out why would they pay to erode their own depth and make Melbourne stronger?

I don't doubt it will happen, he'd probably go to Storm for a song just to get a shot a finals footy, but the way the salary cap doesn't seem to impede the big guns from bringing in Origin players whenever they want doesn't sit well.

4275.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BeastMode - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2015
REACTIONS: 19,364
6374.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]rifraff - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 3, 2013

You know you’re bad when other fans pity us more than hate

1976.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Nashy - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 5, 2008
Not sure if it was already mentioned in here, but apparently the reason it took several minutes for Radley to leave the field after his head knock is because he was cleared by the Roosters doctor... except this year there is an independent doctor in the bunker and he overruled the Roosters doctor ordering Radley from the field

Think there has always been NRL doctors following them up after the fact hasn't there?

Shouldn't ever be up to the club doctors. I know the argument came up once about ethics and all that bull****, but it's clear as day that on a sports field, ethics of the trade are out the window.

My dog and I take full responsibility for annoying Mr Fourex.

How did league get to the stage that tackling around the ankles is portrayed in headline news as a dangerous tackle? The problem isn't caused by the tackler coming in low late. The problem is the refusal of NRL to have the match officials call "Held" when an upright tackle is finished, then there would be no need for the low legs tackler. The "Held" call is for the avoidance of injury risk. Start using it NRL, please.

1769.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Foordy - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 3, 2008
Think there has always been NRL doctors following them up after the fact hasn't there?

Shouldn't ever be up to the club doctors. I know the argument came up once about ethics and all that bull****, but it's clear as day that on a sports field, ethics of the trade are out the window.

the article I read said it was new this year, from the Fox Sports article:

Victor Radley and Billy Smith were taken from the field by independent doctors in the bunker, which have been introduced this season to stop clubs cheating the interchange system.

p.s. Robinson is whinging about it, while also hedging his bets. he says:

“I think it’s a good idea. (But) Billy’s got no concussion - didn’t even remember an incident until the doctor showed him,” Robinson said.

“So for them to go category 1 instead of category 2 was tough for us. You’ve got to give some faith to the doctors to look at it as well. They don’t have any symptoms at all.

“But I think it’s right, what they’re trying to put in. But you’ve got to be careful.

“It’s frustrating in the moment. They’ve made a call on how to get rid of the cheating of the system, which we all can acknowledge was there.

“They’ve gone to a different system. But they’ve got to also make sure they’re not pulling guys out of games without any symptoms at all.

“We would have lost the game anyway. But let’s get better at that system.”

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION

8215.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Morkel - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 25, 2013

“I think it’s a good idea. (But) Billy’s got no concussion - didn’t even remember an incident until the doctor showed him,” Robinson said.

“So for them to go category 1 instead of category 2 was tough for us. You’ve got to give some faith to the doctors to look at it as well. They don’t have any symptoms at all.

“But I think it’s right, what they’re trying to put in. But you’ve got to be careful.

“It’s frustrating in the moment. They’ve made a call on how to get rid of the cheating of the system, which we all can acknowledge was there.

“They’ve gone to a different system. But they’ve got to also make sure they’re not pulling guys out of games without any symptoms at all.

"Yeah we we've obviously been cheating with these things in the past, I can see why the NRL would try to stop that, but we have to push hard for a scenario where we're still able to cheat but the others aren't.

memberawards2017-contriv-morkel-png.2044

Signature_Morkel.png

9518.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Jedhead - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 7, 2018

"Billy’s got no concussion - didn’t even remember an incident until the doctor showed him,” Robinson said." :rofl Isn't that the actual definition of one of the main symptoms of concussion?

And always remember if your life seems dull and dreary..................it is!

8996.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Broncapz - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 1, 2016
Anyone else really enjoying the rule changes this year?

Games seem better and the refs seem to be pretty fair in every game I've watched. It's stark difference

I think enforcing the mark and making players roll the ball back with their foot is making a big difference.

Players are no longer rolling the ball back withi their hand and taking a huge step off the mark, forcing the markers into illegal positions. Teams that combined this with quick play the balls absolutely demolished other teams with 6 agains and field positions.

8215.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Morkel - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 25, 2013
"Billy’s got no concussion - didn’t even remember an incident until the doctor showed him,” Robinson said." :rofl Isn't that the actual definition of one of the main symptoms of concussion?

Yeah I read that too and was confused. I think Robinsons line of thinking was "Billy didn't even realise he had copped a knock as he didn't feel it, so it must have been very minor", not realising that the reason he didn't recall it was because his brain wasn't able to store those memories because of the concussion...

memberawards2017-contriv-morkel-png.2044

Signature_Morkel.png

9518.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Jedhead - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 7, 2018
Yeah I read that too and was confused. I think Robinsons line of thinking was "Billy didn't even realise he had copped a knock as he didn't feel it, so it must have been very minor", not realising that the reason he didn't recall it was because his brain wasn't able to store those memories because of the concussion...
I know right. It just confirms to me that some coaches are way down on he list of 'powers of deduction'.

And always remember if your life seems dull and dreary..................it is!

2021.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Kimlo - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 25, 2008
Not sure if it was already mentioned in here, but apparently the reason it took several minutes for Radley to leave the field after his head knock is because he was cleared by the Roosters doctor... except this year there is an independent doctor in the bunker and he overruled the Roosters doctor ordering Radley from the field
Another great rule change, reports are no longer a free double interchange.

Free interchange is only allowed now if the player gets put on report and is binned/sent.

It's no wonder Melbourne/Roosters didn't look like they had unlimited fitness not being able to abuse two major rules.

Deadset never thought I would be saying this but Go Broncos !!! **** it was good to see you guys beat the Vermin. Hope you are all ok from this flood bs too ... KE.

8997.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Broncos Maestro - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 1, 2016
Only just watched the match highlights of the Tigers V Storm game and I can see the Storm actually being a low Top 8 team this year. Horrible defence and they only won due to a forward pass and Individual brilliance from the star players. Take them out of the game and I really struggle to see how

8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013

Eh there’s way too much hate in the world right now, it’s nice to have civil discussions with other fans to be honest.

Agree 150%

8770.jpg
Only just watched the match highlights of the Tigers V Storm game and I can see the Storm actually being a low Top 8 team this year. Horrible defence and they only won due to a forward pass and Individual brilliance from the star players. Take them out of the game and I really struggle to see how
Tbf to them, they still have Grant, Bromwich and Munster, possibly Kamikamica as well. If you take the start players out of any team they are going to struggle a bit.

2290.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]theshed - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 27, 2010
Tbf to them, they still have Grant, Bromwich and Munster, possibly Kamikamica as well. If you take the start players out of any team they are going to struggle a bit.
And Smith went down early

62.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sup42 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 7, 2012
REACTIONS: 52,611
Lara Pit banging on about McDonald's....as if that skinny thing ever had a big Mac in her life.

Listening to Fox League wank on about the Eels you would not know the GC are playing.

My second team, carn tits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10