Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 10 Rival forum chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
1769.jpg
Foordy - broncoshq.com

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION

8559.jpg
Brocko - broncoshq.com

The old walk before you're pushed.

Hard to wee him getting another gig in Aus anytime soon. Probably off to the UK.

As for the dogs, who are we guessing they will go for?

Fox Article says;

"Paul Green, Shane Flanagan and Cameron Ciraldo are the experienced options to take over, while Steve Price has had a successful stint in Cronulla and Kristian Woolf has been solid at St Helens."

Can't see Ciraldo leaving Penrith yet..

1809.jpg
Fozz - broncoshq.com

No doubting that but if his hands are tied, it is a reflection on him as a coach. Why would you take up a position where you aren't allowed to do your job?

I am not saying I disagree, I am just saying a good coach should be willing to fight for what he believes in, even if that puts him offside with his bosses.

And if the players feel that their coach is being told what to do and is too weak to stand up for himself, that is also a good way to lose the dressing room.

It sounds like the whole club needs a shake up like we did though, not just the coach.

I think Barrett knew he was going to have his hands tied when he signed up with the Dogs but he was desperate for another HC position. If results went his way, he would've had more freedom but they didn't.

I get your point about the respect shown by the players, the Gus training session wouldn't have helped in that regard.

I was under the impression that Gus's role was shake up the club but it seems he's aiming down when he should be aiming up at the CEO and board.

8468.jpg
Cult - broncoshq.com

You just know Gus won't be their interim coach because he won't like the losses falling on him. David Furner will cover the rest of the year and they'll bring Josh Hannay in because they won't get Ciraldo.

8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

Paul Green is pretty desperate for a role now Kevvie isn't in danger anymore I imagine.

9518.jpg
Jedhead - broncoshq.com

Leave Trent alone!!!

And always remember if your life seems dull and dreary..................it is!

8311.jpg
Harry Sack - broncoshq.com

I can't think of a coach that would go there with Gould looking over their shoulder all the time tbh.

Certainly not Flanagan or Green

memberawards2017-harrycombined-png.2055

8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

I can't think of a coach that would go there with Gould looking over their shoulder all the time tbh.

Certainly not Flanagan or Green

Green might as what else is he doing? Flanagan you would think wouldn't.

1809.jpg
Fozz - broncoshq.com

I wish they waited until Round 22. Dogs draw with the Warriors and both Brown and Barrett get sacked.

7980.jpg
Mr Fourex - broncoshq.com

Crawley says the results aren't Barrett's fault ... and needs to fall on whoever thought it was a good idea to recruit so many guys who had been moved on by their previous clubs like; TPJ, Vaughan, Dufty, Baden etc
TPJ and inner club turmoil seem to go hand in hand .......

Tipping he'll fade into obscurity soon enough. So glad we cut out that bit of poison.

Here's to Wally Lewis for lacing on a boot. 🍻

1769.jpg
Foordy - broncoshq.com

The media are talking up Freddy Fittler as a possibility to coach the Bulldogs

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION

2065.jpg
lynx000 - broncoshq.com

The media are talking up Freddy Fittler as a possibility to coach the Bulldogs
Fittler is not all that bright, but he is not that stupid.

1268317837.png

Thanks Nashy for the sig

8833.jpg
tommy - broncoshq.com

You just know Gus won't be their interim coach because he won't like the losses falling on him. David Furner will cover the rest of the year and they'll bring Josh Hannay in because they won't get Ciraldo.
I would love to see Gus become a coach again but there is probably some rule against him coaching and commentating.

Previously Tom

2021.jpg
Kimlo - broncoshq.com

Slothfield claims that Barrett will be sacked in the next 48 hours. Says that the club will orchestrate that it was a board decision, but Gould's fingerprints are all over it.

Slothfield says:

“People with any real knowledge of the situation know Gus has more power than the chairman, CEO or anybody within the club and it’s his decision.”

“What will happen is Trent Barrett, it will be orchestrated that (Barrett) resigns and stands down and says publicly he’s not in position to take the team forward.”

“Phil Gould can’t be seen as the person who sacks him. But he’s got a history of getting rid of coaches. You go back to Penrith with Ivan cleary and Anthony Griffin,” Rothfield said.
Important to note Slothfield absolutely gates Gould so you can't take anything he says about him as truth.

I do believe it though, Gould wouldn't be there if he wasn't basically running the show.

1899.jpg
Big Pete - broncoshq.com

Are we sure about that? The recruitment of Dufty, TPJ and Vaughan really screams of more of the same from the last decade from the Dogs. I just get the feeling that Barrett was either told after the fact or didn't know how much of an overpay they were going to end up with. And that overpay results in him being told "Put them in the team, we're not having x $million playing in NSWRL".

Next year with Mahoney, they are looking much better especially if they stick with Flanagan. That way they have a settled 6,7 and 9. They still need to bin Dufty but at least having 3/4 of your spine locked in would help them be more consistent.
I'd imagine there's some truth to it, albeit I doubt Baz's hands were tied. Usually when a coach comes into a new system and struggles he'll sell management on the idea that there's still a lot of deadwood and they have to be moved on to be successful.

However since there's pressure from management to sell memberships the coach is under pressure to sign whatever free agents become available. So Trent may have compromised his vision to squeeze a Pangai Jr into the team.

With that said I doubt Dufty would have been on the radar had Allan been a success in '21. Also if his selections are anything to go by, Barrett is a very impulsive coach which would lead me to think he signed a few of these players out of desperation.

Flanagan needs to take a page out of Hastings' playbook and go to the UK for awhile. He looks like he's playing in a straightjacket.

8187.jpg
Organix - broncoshq.com

Rewatching the Cowboys game and they got gifted two tries of flagrant forward passes. Pass in both cases was passed on a line, then caught well in front of the 10m or 20m line.

Tigers could have had them, but some dodgy calls killed their mentality and they collapsed. Reminded me of Broncos. Lots of effort for it all to be taken off them.

Feldt falls into a great covering tackle - penalty for a high tackle. Switch play, forward pass, try.

Just sucks watching this game not being fully about the players. Touchies really need to step up and take some responsibility in their jobs.

Positive was seeing Cotter playing very well.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10