Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 11 2023 Cross Forum Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8215.jpg
Morkel - broncoshq.com

The automatic sinbin for a hip drop clearly ended when Annesley came out after the Storm/Broncos game and said if there's any doubt it should be placed on report only (that said Carrigan's hip drop last year was a bad one and is one of the very few that should be eliminated)

Except I don't think his one last year was textbook either, not at the time, anyway. The damage was caused by the other 2 tacklers driving him backwards, otherwise there would have been no incident or injury. The NRL have just justified themselves by revising the definition to be what happened with Carrigan, but it wasn't the case at the time.

memberawards2017-contriv-morkel-png.2044

Signature_Morkel.png

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8834.jpg
Fernando - broncoshq.com

Except I don't think his one last year was textbook either, not at the time, anyway. The damage was caused by the other 2 tacklers driving him backwards, otherwise there would have been no incident or injury. The NRL have just justified themselves by revising the definition to be what happened with Carrigan, but it wasn't the case at the time.
The 2 other tacklers had control of the tackle before Carrigan came in late to bring the ball carrier to the ground. That's the type of hip drop that is avoidable and can be penalised out of the game, unlike the total accidents like the Mam/Haas/Carrigan etc tackles seen this year

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
1899.jpg
Big Pete - broncoshq.com

2179.jpg
The Who - silvertails.net

The Bunker can't rule on forward passes; nor can it rule on anything other than the final play leading to a 'try'. It could see a howler in an earlier play and still have to award a try. The rules governing the Bunker are flawed; not to mention that the Vidiot in the Bunker makes more mistakes than Aloiai.

Talking 'bout my g-g-generation
They can rule on foul play which is causing the game issues. Also judging by some of the audio that's available the on-field referees are being coached on the field.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

The issue with that one wasn't the tackle, it was that he got four weeks when another tackle the same week which was basically exactly the same didn't even get penalised.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8997.jpg
Broncos Maestro - broncoshq.com

In regards to the shameful sin bins during the week, I think that new rules are needed to stop the game turning into a soccer fest

1. All apparent “injured” players have a forced 10 mins assessment off the field

2. Any player caught faking their injuries or milking for a penalty are either sin binned for 10 mins immediately or if reviewed after the game has finished, they side loses 2 competition points regardless of whether they won or lost.

We need REAL disincentives to hit clubs otherwise it becomes a complete farce for the NRL. Compare our sport to Rugby Union or even AFL; the game’s growth is laughable compared to those.

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
9427.jpg
Toookey - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 8,525

8997.jpg

In regards to the shameful sin bins during the week, I think that new rules are needed to stop the game turning into a soccer fest

1. All apparent “injured” players have a forced 10 mins assessment off the field

2. Any player caught faking their injuries or milking for a penalty are either sin binned for 10 mins immediately or if reviewed after the game has finished, they side loses 2 competition points regardless of whether they won or lost.

We need REAL disincentives to hit clubs otherwise it becomes a complete farce for the NRL. Compare our sport to Rugby Union or even AFL; the game’s growth is laughable compared to those.

I for one, am against giving the referees more subjective rules that they have to navigate as they show they just can't get it done.

But I agree that something needs to change. Maybe just fine the players after the game, the players who are doing that will be down 5-10k after 3 or 4 weeks, they won't be willing to do it for very much longer

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
4775.jpg
wizards rage - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 23,201

8997.jpg

I would keep sin bins for really deliberate bad play.

For technique or fatigue errors just put them on report and sort it out later.

Penalise the player (fines and suspensions) rather than penalising the contest and fans. Way to many sin bins in the game at the moment.

Smash em bro

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
1973.jpg
mrslong - broncoshq.com

4734.jpg
Aman - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 13,398

Umm Marata Nuikora being pulled up 5 plays after the incident was what started this whole thing.

He's talking about last year when Patty Carrigan was the first one sent off for a hip drop and then subsequently suspended for 4-6 weeks. He was the first.

come-along-borts-mrs-long-png.2548

POSITION VACANT: Someone to replace Morkel as Digital Artist. Must be able to make signature of attractive football players once every 3-5 years. Will be paid in likes from time to time.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
1973.jpg
mrslong - broncoshq.com

4775.jpg
REACTIONS: 23,201

I would keep sin bins for really deliberate bad play.

For technique or fatigue errors just put them on report and sort it out later.

Penalise the player (fines and suspensions) rather than penalising the contest and fans. Way to many sin bins in the game at the moment.

Smash em bro
This is how it used to be and should be but as usual the NRL had a kneejerk reaction to the "BuT tHe TeAm ThAt SuFfErEd ThE pEnAlTy GeTs No BeNeFiT fRoM sUsPeNsIoN aFtEr ThE fAcT" media wah wahs.

POSITION VACANT: Someone to replace Morkel as Digital Artist. Must be able to make signature of attractive football players once every 3-5 years. Will be paid in likes from time to time.

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
4775.jpg
REACTIONS: 23,208

1973.jpg
mrslong - broncoshq.com

This is how it used to be and should be but as usual the NRL had a kneejerk reaction to the "BuT tHe TeAm ThAt SuFfErEd ThE pEnAlTy GeTs No BeNeFiT fRoM sUsPeNsIoN aFtEr ThE fAcT" media wah wahs.

A penalty is suffice for a technique or fatigue error 👍

Smash em bro

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

4775.jpg
REACTIONS: 23,208

A penalty is suffice for a technique or fatigue error 👍

Smash em bro

And not being able to break the laws of physics as well, given any swinging motion these days seems to result in a penalty...as long as the other player stays down of course.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

Brad is not happy:

Ricky is not happy:

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
187.jpg
Mr Frank White - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 11,383

8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

Brad is not happy:

Ricky is not happy:

Brads got a point. Some teams are getting away with absolute murder this year. Canberra got gifted two points

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
The Don - broncoshq.com

A little nervous for this game. Knights could come out firing after all the bashing they’ve copped throughout the bye.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
1899.jpg
Big Pete - broncoshq.com

Bailey Simonsson wasn't charged by the MRC.

They must have a better angle of it because from the hard camera it doesn't look great. No doubt Simonsson lands on Rapana with his back, but what may have saved Bailey was that he rolls so his hip ends up hitting the turf.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

Wow, how is O'Brien still a coach? This team is awful and shouldn't be.

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
4804.jpg
Tragic - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 11,883

8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

If the NRL:
1. Got rid of Vlandys and Abdo
2. Got rid of six agains
3. Got rid of these ridiculous crackdowns
4. Got rid of Annersley
5. Made the bunker rule ONLY on tries and captain's challenges and all their communications with refs must be made open to all
6. Completely overhauled the MRC with people trained unconnected to any league team, even league itself
7. Stopped rewarding diving
8. Actually refereed fairly
9. Got rid of gambling connections
10. Rewarded clubs who develop talent far more

Then I would likely be back on good terms with this sport

That's a good list, hard to argue with any of that.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16