Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 18 2023 Cross Forum Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Worried2Death - NZWarriors said:
"near" a ref... Josh was only punching near that kid when his teeth fell out.

And as far as we know no swearing was reported in the vicinity, a discount for that

Galah - BroncosHQ said:
You warriors fans still think you’re hard done by? Curren gets two weeks for punching a minor and Walsh got three weeks for swearing near a ref!
We won't feel hard done by the day they let us host magic round in Invercargill.

Sproj - BroncosHQ said:
And as far as we know no swearing was reported in the vicinity, a discount for that
He's a good boy. Thank God he didn't call Dave Fifita as his star witness, he'd be doing a ten year stretch.

Worried2Death - NZWarriors said:
He's a good boy. Thank God he didn't call Dave Fifita as his star witness, he'd be doing a ten year stretch.

Fifita: Yeah when he belted that obviously a kid kid, I mean man not kid and he didn’t belt him, just gave a really hard slap, I mean soft movement of arm in that direction. I mean allegedly but I didn’t see it.

Galah - BroncosHQ said:
You warriors fans still think you’re hard done by? Curren gets two weeks for punching a minor and Walsh got three weeks for swearing near a ref!
The kid asked for it and we don't care about Walsh. Have a good day. :D

Galah - BroncosHQ said:
How does 4 weeks for Montoya calling another player a f@ggot - with discounting for early guilty plea and remorse, compare to Walsh getting 3 weeks for abusing the ref despite lack of guilt or remorse?

The Warriors penalty is still harder than the Broncos penalty 🤣

wizards rage - NZWarriors said:
How does 4 weeks for Montoya calling another player a f@ggot - with discounting for early guilty plea and remorse, compare to Walsh getting 3 weeks for abusing the ref despite lack of guilt or remorse?

Lack of proof of guilt too, don't forget that.

Come on Wiz, it’s 2023, we don’t need to explain that one, do we?

ivanhungryjak - BroncosHQ said:
Come on Wiz, it’s 2023, we don’t need to explain that one, do we?
Wiz is a disgrace to the transgender electricians community, always getting they/their wires crossed smh.

They could actually prove that Montoya said it at a player, they just Assumed with Walsh and the Panel couldn't even come to a decision, it required the chairman to make hik Guilty which he then proceeds with nearly the max penalty.

Mustafur - BroncosHQ said:
They could actually prove that Montoya said it at a player, they just Assumed with Walsh and the Panel couldn't even come to a decision, it required the chairman to make hik Guilty which he then proceeds with nearly the max penalty.
I think we all agree 3 weeks was excessive given the doubt, pretty riduliculous penalty for speaking the Australian language.

I think we all agree 3 weeks was excessive given the doubt, pretty riduliculous penalty for speaking the Australian language.
Okay, so change it around a bit.

He said he called Carrigan a c@nt not the ref.
So Montoya gets 4 for calling a player a derogatory name but Walsh gets 3 because it's directed at the ref.

Both words can be interpreted as an insult but one is deemed more powerful by itself (Montoya's) whereas the other is generally preceded by another descriptive term ( Walsh's).
Said adjective is generally what makes it more direct and offensive.

Walsh got lucky in a way that he just used the simple version, but that also went against him too because there was no specific indicator of who it was directed at plus most teammates wouldn't use that word to each other in a game, might call an opponent one but not a teammate.

Okay, so change it around a bit.

He said he called Carrigan a c@nt not the ref.
So Montoya gets 4 for calling a player a derogatory name but Walsh gets 3 because it's directed at the ref.

Both words can be interpreted as an insult but one is deemed more powerful by itself (Montoya's) whereas the other is generally preceded by another descriptive term ( Walsh's).
Said adjective is generally what makes it more direct and offensive.

Walsh got lucky in a way that he just used the simple version, but that also went against him too because there was no specific indicator of who it was directed at plus most teammates wouldn't use that word to each other in a game, might call an opponent one but not a teammate.
One is a homophobic slur and the other isn't.

Unless you think calling someone the N word is the same as calling them a C?

Ofcourse imo Montoya probably just said the first thing out of his mouth to insult the guy and just happened to choose wrongly, it wasn't that long ago people said it and no one batted an eye but times have changed.

I don't think Footy players are above not calling their own team mates c*nts, I do that with my mates all the time it's not even an insult, only in the way you frame the sentence you use it in.

Let's all just come together, forum with forum and agree Curran and Montoya were hard done by. Whilst Walsh on the other hand should be walking the green mile.

Stalefish540 - NZWarriors said:
Let's all just come together, forum with forum and agree Curran and Montoya were hard done by. Whilst Walsh on the other hand should be walking the green mile.
index.php

OMG there was some absolutely poor, non committed tackle attempts by certain St George, Canterbury and Wests Tigers players.
On my day the points table never mattered.
You just left it all out there game to game.
Their respective seasons are over so they might as well give the whole squad and the Dev players a run.

**** this guy. His clarification clarified nothing. Just says that the first "charge down" was the 9 attempting to cover the ball, when he clearly was tackling the player.

"Not every incident is the same under the laws of the game"... what? Like, just get rid of the Bungler. If we were not putting every ****ing thing under the microscope we would he forced to take a **** decision as just a decision and move on. Annesley justifying all this crap post-game just ****s the game and the rules further.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8