Round 19 - Non Manly Games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
eelcatcher said:
Dear Paul "Buzz" Kent, the mole just reported the Sharks are getting their hindies handed to them by a Queensland based team, like who the heck concedes a try right after kick off!?

Sharks for the spoon.

Yessum, Sharks for the spoon.

And the Cows to be the wildcard and snare 8th place for the finals.

I got both games way wrong tonight though (as far as tipping goes ).

I hereby officially concede defeat in this year's Tipping Comp.

Next year perhaps will be different.

I'll continue to give it my all, and honour my contract (as much as I may want a release or to trade places somehow)

I cannot guarantee my silence on the matter though.

In the sharks game, thruston scored after stripping the ball from a player....after a NQ player had fallen off the tackle.

Ref said no, vid ref said yes as 1st player had fallen off.

Commentators all thought no try as the rule is: Even if the first tackler has fallen off....second tackler is still deemed to be second tackler.

Anyone know if this is true? If so surely this is a bigger blunder than the no try against the tigers v manly. We all preparing for the tidal wave of indifference to the over-rule?

Horsehead in the Eels game let Souths run riot at the play the ball. They will beat anyone when they get away with that. Inglis and others walked off the mark all night which took out the markers and let Issac Luke have a free run from dummy half. Souths even got penalties for it!

Brissie Kid said:
Horsehead in the Eels game let Souths run riot at the play the ball. They will beat anyone when they get away with that. Inglis and others walked off the mark all night which took out the markers and let Issac Luke have a free run from dummy half. Souths even got penalties for it!

Yes but it speeds up the product.

manlyfan76 said:
How long until it's been 50 years since Souffs won the title? The nrl should start looking at planning the celebrations now.

Souths (1971) 43 years

It has been 47 years for Cronulla.

Even the worst club in history the Bears won a premiership on average of 1 per 41.5 years.

Manly are building a formidable legacy there (premierships since we joined the Big League!)

Super Saturday: I won't mind if the Chooks get a narrow (brutal) W over the 'Riff.

Worriers at the Bronx could be highly entertaining, as usual.

And a miracle in Melbourne, from the Faders, would be mighty good, thx!

No for the Chooks - the top 4 gets 2 bites of the cherry, so we don't want to give them that privilege :cool:

Warriors are odds on as the Broncos suspended 3 Players for partying :s

Raiders have the wood on the Scumos - so I'll be cheering for them to maintain their AAMI Park hoodoo :)

Very good points HM.

I was thinking coz the 'Riff are on top with us (so either way it's sorta' win/ win there). As one of em loses.

Hope the Warriors have another party at Suncorp.

And I was aware the Faders do OK over at AAMI...maybe we'll get that miracle!

Is it official that Scam's wearing 16; and is it Milford for Canberra??

Dud 40/20 call from referees favours Roosters. It wasn't a 40/20 at all. The Panther fullback touched that ball and HE therefore put it into touch. Should have been a scrum not a Rorters quick tap.

Roosters in again as per SMH live blog :
Aubusson spun out of a lethargic tackle by Brent Kite - the Penrith No.10 wasn't expecting such a determined dummy half run - to score under the dot. Maloney converts.

The NRL has got the two dumbest headead rules in world sport. How can it make sense that you get to restart the game against no defence? Where is the sport in that? The 40/20 quick tap & the 20m quick tap are just plain dumb thinking from the NRL. But who is really surprised.

HappilyManly said:
Is Kitey the Captain ? :angel:

Go Kitey and Deano, kick the Chooks to the kerb :cool:

Yeah, Kitey's boss today.

When I saw him lead em on, next to the Rorters, I decided I wanted the 'Riff to win.

So of course, the Rorters are winning.

The wheels are falling off the golden west's finals charge. Parra gone , Panfers crumbling here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8